Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 787650 times)

diesel_darlin

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4291 on: September 19, 2013, 07:26:29 PM »
Bahahaha, I may have to buy some!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

greencat

« Reply #4292 on: September 19, 2013, 11:36:19 PM »
Oh....I can't breathe.  Where's my inhaler?  And my rolling on the floor laughing smiley?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4293 on: September 20, 2013, 06:40:52 AM »
My DH made me watch that a few days ago...it's just hysterical.   :P  I might have to get some just because it's the funniest dingdangity advertisement I've ever seen.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Reika

« Reply #4294 on: September 20, 2013, 07:31:43 AM »
I'm wondering how many times that actress had to do her scenes, because it must've been difficult to keep a straight face while making that commercial.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4295 on: September 20, 2013, 10:10:32 AM »
She was really channeling her inner June Cleaver, wasn't she?  ;D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

deadbody

« Reply #4296 on: September 20, 2013, 11:30:48 AM »
Oddly enough we actually have a bottle of that product at the house.  And it works.

Kaire

« Reply #4297 on: September 20, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »
When I have time I will have to post some stories, but for now I just want to say I stayed 20 mins. late after work to finish reading this thread.  I read the whole thing.  All 287 or so pages of it and it took me about a month reading in bits and pieces.

In the beginning I couldn't eat lunch while reading, today I licked dorito powder off my fingers while reading about poop between toes and various vomit stories. 

It's been a long week, yesterday was not a fun day, but was improved by a call from BF asking if I could look at the pimple/growth on the back of his neck when I got home.  He was afraid I'd forget.  Like I could??

I was so hopeful after all these stories that I pounced when I got home.

Nothing.

Denied.

I'm hoping I made it mad last night and it will be much more rewarding tonight!

Reika

« Reply #4298 on: September 20, 2013, 09:51:17 PM »
The last couple of days I felt like a blister was forming in the middle of the ball of my foot, but couldn't see anything. Today it was particularly painful at work, so during lunch I went into the bathroom to see if I could finally get the darn thing. I'd just removed my shoe and sock, got my foot on my knee, flexed it as I tried to see what the heck was going on.

Well, it "popped" and fluid went squirting. Thankfully onto the floor in the empty stall next to me and not my face or clothing. It's still sore, but feels much better now.

No clue what caused it either.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4299 on: September 21, 2013, 03:20:43 AM »
Oddly enough we actually have a bottle of that product at the house.  And it works.
;D

magicdomino

« Reply #4300 on: September 21, 2013, 03:59:39 PM »

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #4301 on: September 23, 2013, 02:17:53 PM »
Fun fact - if you bring home an uneaten watermelon from a family lake day and forget about it and leave it in the cooler in your garage for several months, the watermelon will disintegrate into water and maggots, who believe your cooler is their primo-deluxe swimming pool.

We threw out the cooler and bought a new one.  There isn't enough bleach in the world.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #4302 on: September 26, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »
We have a lovely virus going around work, and one of my coworkers was blowing her nose. I am grossed out by snot, more than vomit, so I am trying really hard not to gag. What took the cake was when she told me snot comes out of her eye when she blows her nose. I had to walk away from her. I was laughing, and telling her how disgusting that was.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4303 on: September 26, 2013, 10:45:35 AM »
At the dentist yesterday, I asked her to take a look at a perpetual canker sore. It's been driving me nuts for months; it's right in the hinge of my jaw, i pop it, it goes away, it comes back.

She said "That's not an aphthous ulcer - that's a clogged salivary gland."  She put a blunt probe in the duct and cleared out a mucus plug. It didn't hurt, but I held very, very still. I was disappointed she didn't show me the plug after she'd removed it.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #4304 on: September 26, 2013, 10:58:18 AM »
We have a lovely virus going around work, and one of my coworkers was blowing her nose. I am grossed out by snot, more than vomit, so I am trying really hard not to gag. What took the cake was when she told me snot comes out of her eye when she blows her nose. I had to walk away from her. I was laughing, and telling her how disgusting that was.

I ... wow, there's some strange anatomy going on in that woman.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."