This isn't really gross, since the object in question was boiled and bleached after I found it in the backyard, but it brings much heartbreak: I broke my skull.
No, not the one with my brain, the fox skull that was the highlight of the Halloween prop that I'm building. It's a mutant fox built of PVC pipe covered with burlap soaked in "monster mud." A long neck leads up to the skull head, which has orange LED lights installed in the eyes. It looked so
cool when I left it to dry. Sometime during the night, Foxy fell off the table. The skull is tightly wrapped in plastic to protect it from the mud, so at least all the pieces are there. It feels kind of loose when I squeeze the plastic, though. I'm afraid to take it off and see the damage.