Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 765662 times)

alkira6

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4515 on: December 02, 2013, 11:32:55 AM »
Pimple on my inner thigh - it had a large whitish head and was driving me nuts.  I cover it with a cotton pad and barely squeeze.  Under my fingers was the sensation of a grape popping but no pain. I remove the cotton pad and there was a huge chunk of grey/black/white stuff in the shape of a cork.  My pimple has a crater in the middle of it that a q-tip can fit into.  That sucker has been covers with Neosporin and a large bandaid. Still, it does not hurt, so I count myself lucky.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4516 on: December 02, 2013, 12:02:45 PM »
I have a large pimple on my inner left upper arm. I can't kill the thing.

KimberlyM

« Reply #4517 on: December 02, 2013, 04:45:29 PM »
Pimple on my inner thigh - it had a large whitish head and was driving me nuts.  I cover it with a cotton pad and barely squeeze.  Under my fingers was the sensation of a grape popping but no pain. I remove the cotton pad and there was a huge chunk of grey/black/white stuff in the shape of a cork.  My pimple has a crater in the middle of it that a q-tip can fit into.  That sucker has been covers with Neosporin and a large bandaid. Still, it does not hurt, so I count myself lucky.

Probably a sign I need mental health help, but I'm so jealous of that!  I get a disturbingly sick thrill from stuff like that!  I had one on my thigh once that when it popped it was under such pressure it hit the wall across the bathroom with enough force to make a sound like a hose hitting concrete.  I was highly disappointed that it only did that once.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4518 on: December 02, 2013, 07:41:45 PM »
Many years ago, during a raging URI, I sneezed so hard that I sent a golf ball size chunk of snot flying across the room.  It should be noted the snot dropped in the back of my throat and flew out of my mouth, not out my nose, and hit the wall at least 10' from where I was standing.  It was also what I dub "Christmas tree snot"---red, green, and gold/yellow colored.

I can't begin to describe the yuck and simultaneous awesome it was.  It stuck to the wall like one of those little goo-hands that are sold to kids out of vending machines.  While quite disgusting, my friends said it was the coolest thing they'd ever seen.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

cwm

« Reply #4519 on: December 03, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »
I had what I thought was a big pimple on my inner thigh. Which wasn't so bad, but it didn't go away, so I went about to popping it. It wasn't very big, but it was very black. So I finally got through the skin. Apparently it wasn't a pimple at all, there was very little pus or effluvia, just three inches of hair. One hair. Three inches long. I didn't even know leg hair could get that long.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4520 on: December 03, 2013, 04:15:20 PM »
I just returned from the dentist, and my hopes are fulfiled!

I've had a problem for months with a minor salivary gland that keeps getting clogged. This means that whenever I salivate/eat, I get a large pimple-like thing inside my mouth (and right in the jaw-hinge, darn the luck). My dentist had suggested surgery to remove it, and I was on the cusp of agreeing.

Then, over the weekend, it got larger and more painful than ever. The next I noticed, it was a big raw sore spot. After two days of owie-owie-owie, it's been perfectly fine.

Dentist today confirmed that it appears to have spontaneously exploded and scarred over.

I'm glad it resolved itself, but I'm sorry I missed the actual explosion.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

cwm

« Reply #4521 on: December 03, 2013, 04:19:02 PM »

I think that sentence alone sums up what most of us think when we see a new post on the thread.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4522 on: December 03, 2013, 04:27:15 PM »

I think that sentence alone sums up what most of us think when we see a new post on the thread.

I love you.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4523 on: December 03, 2013, 06:04:53 PM »
Yep. Although someone on my fb feed posted a video where the person has an egg sized pimple on the back of their neck. I saw the thumbnail during lunch time and almost lost my cookies.

If any of you can watch it, I applaud you. I can deal with remains, no matter how long deceased, but not that.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4524 on: December 03, 2013, 06:48:00 PM »
Only you folks can appreciate my excitement when my DH said, "What is on my back?" 

Me:  What, this blackhead?
DH:  Is that what it is?  Can you do something?
Me:  I'll be back in a sec with my blackhead extracting tool.

DH has 4 pores which fill up with sebacious material: One on each ear lobe, one on his shoulder in the scar where he had a cyst removed, and one on his spine.  I can extract the crap, but after several months, the pores fill up again.  I forgot to check the one on his spine for almost a year and that's how it got inflamed.

On the plus side, if I can stand the wait, every 3-4 months I get to squeeze junk out of 4 pores. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4525 on: December 03, 2013, 06:52:30 PM »
DH has 4 pores like that on his back. They look like pencil lead, but will only give in to pressure every few weeks. He has had 3 of them for the 19 years I have known him.

Aunt4God

« Reply #4526 on: December 03, 2013, 11:02:25 PM »
Homemade chicken alfredo and Reese's PB cup trees do NOT taste as good mixed coming back up as they did going down separately!   Hope to never taste that again!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4527 on: December 03, 2013, 11:15:58 PM »
DH has 4 pores like that on his back. They look like pencil lead, but will only give in to pressure every few weeks. He has had 3 of them for the 19 years I have known him.

VorGuy has a tendency to sebaceous cysts - and a paralyzing fear of needles or having anything drained...

He had a ten year old one on his back broken in a water balloon fight in college (someone threw a water balloon after the fight was over and it hit right on the cyst) - it was rather like squeezing a tube of green toothpaste with a pinhole in the wrong end, a long greenish thread curling out of the pore on his back....only smelling more like rot, death, and nastiness...

He had another one that did the same cyst thing just to one side of his spine - but he refused to let me deal with it, even when he could no longer sleep on that side because the thumb sized lump pressed on his spine & caused discomfort.  It was finally removed by a surgeon with him under general anesthesia - they were afraid it was a tumor...instead of a lump of "yuck".  The biopsy came back "not cancer" - but the smell probably was malignant...

There is a pore on his back that keeps refilling - the largest it got was the size of a quarter (two years plus accumulation) and the thread of dried oil & whatever that came out was translucent and just over two inches long...there might have been more, but he'd gotten tired of my thumbs pressing into the thing.  I showed it to him - but he was not impressed with the unbroken "string" of "stuff"...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

mmswm

« Reply #4528 on: December 04, 2013, 01:52:47 AM »
Now I remember why I love this thread.  I hadn't been reading it recently and finally got around to opening it up again.

May I sheepishly admit that I get a secret thrill out of popping the stupid boils that like to form in the stretch marks on my inner thighs?  They don't happen often, but the immense feeling of satisfaction I get when they do arise and then get popped is difficult to explain without feeling like a freak. 

In here, I've finally found my people.  I love you guys.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

alkira6

« Reply #4529 on: December 04, 2013, 10:56:04 AM »
There is this kind of horrified fascination that I have with things like this.  I always want to dissect whatever is ejected just so that I know exactly what just came out of my body.  I have 3 pores on my face that have to be cleaned when I (rarely) get a facial that I have some disappointment about because I don't get to squeezed/clean them myself because the extraction has got to be awesome.

I also get a pimple right on my inner thigh every other year or so in the same place that is always epic to drain.  Does anyone even know how that crud builds up in a pore with no outward sign until eruption time?