Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 764807 times)

Melle

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4530 on: December 04, 2013, 11:07:05 AM »
It's the sebum building up around the hair root inside the follicle. If the skin cells at the top of the pore won't open, it builds up to the point where the whole pore gets infected: that's the point where it gets red and raised.

Editeer

« Reply #4531 on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
Pimple on my inner thigh - it had a large whitish head and was driving me nuts.  I cover it with a cotton pad and barely squeeze.  Under my fingers was the sensation of a grape popping but no pain. I remove the cotton pad and there was a huge chunk of grey/black/white stuff in the shape of a cork.  My pimple has a crater in the middle of it that a q-tip can fit into.  That sucker has been covers with Neosporin and a large bandaid. Still, it does not hurt, so I count myself lucky.

Probably a sign I need mental health help, but I'm so jealous of that!  I get a disturbingly sick thrill from stuff like that! 

Kimberly, you are right where you belong. Welcome to the gross-out fan club thread. :)

cwm

« Reply #4532 on: December 04, 2013, 11:57:17 AM »
It's the sebum building up around the hair root inside the follicle. If the skin cells at the top of the pore won't open, it builds up to the point where the whole pore gets infected: that's the point where it gets red and raised.

At which point I usually get a needle sterilized in alcohol and/or open flame and pick at the skin until it opens. I figure I can't do too much damage all at once with a needle, it's much safer for me to be handling than an actual blade, and it means I have more time examining the leaky bits.

Melle

« Reply #4533 on: December 04, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »
At which point I usually get a needle sterilized in alcohol and/or open flame and pick at the skin until it opens. I figure I can't do too much damage all at once with a needle, it's much safer for me to be handling than an actual blade, and it means I have more time examining the leaky bits.

Yay, I'm not alone! There's few things more satisfying than hitting the right pore with that needle and getting the nasty buried bugger out with a pop!

Snooks

« Reply #4534 on: December 04, 2013, 03:42:22 PM »
My dad's had a cyst on his back as long as I can remember, apparently he got it removed recently, unfortunately he only mentioned it in passing and we were in polite company so I didn't get a chance to a) ask for details and b) to see what's there now.  I got a good thick hair out of DH's face the other day, unfortunately he's not interested in checking the pores in my ears and I can't do it myself :(

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4535 on: December 04, 2013, 04:04:28 PM »
... unfortunately he's not interested in checking the pores in my ears and I can't do it myself :(
Come on over.  I'll do yours if you'll do mine! >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Snooks

« Reply #4536 on: December 04, 2013, 04:34:56 PM »
... unfortunately he's not interested in checking the pores in my ears and I can't do it myself :(

Can you imagine an eHell Gross Out thread meet up?  It would be glorious.

cwm

« Reply #4537 on: December 04, 2013, 04:39:11 PM »

We could all check each other's pores and help get the hard-to-reach ones.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4538 on: December 04, 2013, 07:15:37 PM »

We could all check each other's pores and help get the hard-to-reach ones.

I'd actually find that useful, I have to wait until I see my mother or daughter for the one under my bra band...fortunately, it is very slow to fill....

Thought of another one - we had a cat twenty years ago who got in a fight (neutered male - didn't make any difference to him if he was outside and some other cat got into HIS territory) and we'd just moved to a new state.  He was having to establish that the yard now belonged to HIM...

Something on his hip got bad enough that we took him to the vet and I was treating the leaking abcess it as often as I could catch the cat with a compress (hot water, Epsom salts, and a piece of terry cloth towel dipped in the solution & wrung - still hot but only damp - out to hold onto his hip).  One day he apparently realized that it did feel better after I helped him keep it cleaned up.

I could see seepage was getting less but the lump was no smaller...so I tried manipulating it - lump of something just a bit too large for the opening...I had my clean embroidery scissors (sharp & small tip), rubbing alcohol, and cotton pads handy - so I "clipped" the opening just a little larger & squeezed...

Translucent *lump* of something the size of my thumbnail & about 1/8" or 2-3 mm thick came out...a little more yuck...and the next day it was finally starting to heal.

Cat just lay there & purred while I was cleaning his fur, snipping the opening a little wider, and cleaning again afterward...guess he figured "Momma Cats" bite if their kitten tries to get away from a bath, so he might as well wait until he was CLEANED up and I let go of him.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4539 on: December 05, 2013, 10:05:33 AM »
During the bad time, when living with our in-laws out of desperation, the cats and birds were outside. Birds on the porch, cats on the porch and in the large yard.

Harley got bitten by something, we don't know if it was a dog or bobcat that left a huge hole in his forehead. DH cleaned it out, and it was terrible. We had to shave the fur there to let it heal and it put out lime green pus for a week before getting better. He still has a scar there, but has been completely inside for over two years.

cwm

« Reply #4540 on: December 05, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »
We had a dog come into the grooming salon with cutaneous horns and massive sebaceous cysts all over his body. I'd always volunteer to clean him because the groomer was afraid to touch them, but the dog just seemed so much more relaxed if all the horns happend to pop out of their pores in the bath, and the cysts were emptied as much as they could be and cleaned well.

The first time I did it, it was an accident, I bumped a few of the horns off as I was helping the groomer with bathing some of his dogs, and he mentioned that the dog was much calmer. I started volunteering to wash him and made sure to knock off what I easily could (wasn't forcing anything, just what I could gently brush off with my fingers) and clear out what I could. Another groomer saw me doing it once, had to leave because she said it was too gross.

Though that was far from the worst thing at that store. There was the contstant emptying of anal glands, which at least once resulted in anal gland juice in someone's mouth. (That'll teach you to talk while working on bottoms!) There was also the dog who was terrified, groomer unhooked him from the drying table because he was about to choke himself, he ran up front and hid on top of the printer in an alcove, spewing poop the entire way. We had to get a new printer after that, and the groomer had to clean up the floor on her own. (She had disregarded repeated written and verbal instructions on how to keep this dog from freaking out like it did. She caused the mess, she had to clean it up.)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4541 on: December 05, 2013, 02:04:38 PM »
This thread has corrupted my subconscious.

I had a dream last night, and in the dream I had the tiiiiiiiiniest boil you could imagine, on my arm.  When I gave it the slightest squeeze, it ERUPTED.  I mean, firehose against the wall, thick jet, longer than could be humanly possible even if it contained all the blood in my body.  It just kept coming. I know it wasn't real, but oh my WORD was it disgusting.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4542 on: December 05, 2013, 03:14:17 PM »
We had a dog come into the grooming salon with cutaneous horns and massive sebaceous cysts all over his body.
I had not heard about these before, so I had to google the images.  Honey Girl sometimes gets a tiny growth at the tip of her paw pads that knocks right off after she is bathed. The "Mother of the Unicorns" was horrifyingly fascinating, as was the Tree Man who's hands look like roots.  :o
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4543 on: December 05, 2013, 03:17:14 PM »
I have cutaneous horns on my eyelids. I have them removed every six months.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4544 on: December 05, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »
This thread has corrupted my subconscious.

I had a dream last night, and in the dream I had the tiiiiiiiiniest boil you could imagine, on my arm.  When I gave it the slightest squeeze, it ERUPTED.  I mean, firehose against the wall, thick jet, longer than could be humanly possible even if it contained all the blood in my body.  It just kept coming. I know it wasn't real, but oh my WORD was it disgusting.

lol. That is funny. Was dream-you horrified or awed?