Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 800866 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4560 on: December 08, 2013, 06:14:23 PM »
Mel,

The GI stuff could just be from the crazy cramps.  Some ladies experience really bad diarrhea during their period.  I've been one of them.  , especially when I get cramps so bad that my legs and feet hurt from them (thankfully, I'm on BC that stops me from having a period altogether).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

greencat

« Reply #4561 on: December 08, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »
I similarly am on BC to keep from having a period and the associated cramps/GI distress.  However, sometimes, I experience what is politely termed "spotting" or medically "breakthrough bleeding."  I did not, however, discover this problem on my own.  My boyfriend's poor white sheets...

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #4562 on: December 08, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »
Mel,

The GI stuff could just be from the crazy cramps.  Some ladies experience really bad diarrhea during their period.  I've been one of them.  , especially when I get cramps so bad that my legs and feet hurt from them (thankfully, I'm on BC that stops me from having a period altogether).

Oh, I have noted that my system is a lot touchier during the evil time of the month, but it's usually better than this… I think it's the combination.

*sigh* If I didn't want to actually use my (substandard) equipment for its intended purpose ONCE in my life, I too would still be on the lovely jab-in-the-rear-once-every-three-months BC that stops me from having a period at all. That stuff deserves heavenly choir sounds and a beam of light descending from the clouds, if you ask me. :P
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #4563 on: December 08, 2013, 09:09:10 PM »
Mel,

Oh, I have noted that my system is a lot touchier during the evil time of the month, but it's usually better than this… I think it's the combination.

*sigh* If I didn't want to actually use my (substandard) equipment for its intended purpose ONCE in my life, I too would still be on the lovely jab-in-the-rear-once-every-three-months BC that stops me from having a period at all. That stuff deserves heavenly choir sounds and a beam of light descending from the clouds, if you ask me. :P

As awesome as that stuff was for me, current medical recommendation is to not use it for longer than 24 months.
The bone demineralization is pretty significant.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4564 on: December 08, 2013, 09:29:04 PM »
Mel,

Yes. And I have also gassed myself almost to death as we'll.

mmswm

« Reply #4565 on: December 08, 2013, 09:29:37 PM »
I had a clot once that looked like a giant, slimy red seahorse.  I had to take a picture of it.  Yes, I realize I may well be the grossest person on the planet.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Mel the Redcap

« Reply #4566 on: December 08, 2013, 10:39:22 PM »

As awesome as that stuff was for me, current medical recommendation is to not use it for longer than 24 months.

Don't worry, I was taking appropriate supplements (still am) and getting regular bone density scans and will keep doing so if I go back on it. Apparently my bones suck up calcium like sponges and refuse to release it - they were doing fine. ;)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Mel the Redcap

« Reply #4567 on: December 08, 2013, 10:41:53 PM »
I had a clot once that looked like a giant, slimy red seahorse.  I had to take a picture of it.  Yes, I realize I may well be the grossest person on the planet.

The only reason I haven't taken pictures of various horrendous things is that when I've got 'em available to take pictures of, I either don't have my phone with me, or I don't have clean hands to use it with. :P
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4568 on: December 09, 2013, 06:50:10 AM »

Don't worry, I was taking appropriate supplements (still am) and getting regular bone density scans and will keep doing so if I go back on it. Apparently my bones suck up calcium like sponges and refuse to release it - they were doing fine. ;)

My bones are fine too...they are very thick, dense, and heavy.  I take Rx supplements and have to get blood work done at minimum every three months regardless.  I'm also addicted to cheese and yogurt products so I'm getting more than enough calcium.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4569 on: December 09, 2013, 09:55:09 AM »
As much as the procedure was not fun having the endometrial ablation, I am so happy I only have a bit of spotting once a month!

Recovery from that procedure was terribly gross. Lovely pink discharge for 6 weeks solid, that gradually turns brown and smells of death.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4570 on: December 09, 2013, 11:06:38 AM »
I had endometriosis wrapped around my lower intestine/bowel, so when I had cramps, the tissue wrapped around my bowel would cramp up, too.

Menopause is heavenly.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

cwm

« Reply #4571 on: December 09, 2013, 11:18:31 AM »
Ugh, the cramps and GI upset that still comes with it all. The worst part is with my new BC the cramps are nearly gone (PRAISE BIG PHARMA!), but I'm still bleeding like a stuck pig and nearly leaking out the back end. Boyfriend's mattress topper will never be the same again...and I didn't notice a thing.

As far as the boogers part goes, have you ever managed to get one with the long glob of snot still attached? That's the best. You can breathe through your nose again, and the sinus cavity is clearing out. Oh it is lovely.

Showers when I'm clogged up are always fun. I blow chunks of mucus anything from nearly clear to green to red (my nose regularly scabs up during the winter from the dry air) and for a brief moment I can breathe again! Then I go back into the cold dry apartment and start the whole cycle again. Ick.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4572 on: December 09, 2013, 06:14:42 PM »

My bones are fine too...they are very thick, dense, and heavy.  I take Rx supplements and have to get blood work done at minimum every three months regardless.  I'm also addicted to cheese and yogurt products so I'm getting more than enough calcium.

Way OT, but I love how peculiar the English language is.  The bones you just described are anything but "fine", in a scale sense.  ;D

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4573 on: December 09, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »
Whenever someone starts to make fun of Chinese for how a seemingly identical word can mean radically different things, I pull out the English word "fast," which means speedy, tight, sexually promiscuous, or not eating.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4574 on: December 09, 2013, 06:21:43 PM »

Way OT, but I love how peculiar the English language is.  The bones you just described are anything but "fine", in a scale sense.  ;D

So true  :P