Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 702380 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4590 on: December 10, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »
VorSon has had issues with lumps in his earlobes.  I don't know why - he has no piercings...but he does have small scars from where he (and I) have opened & drained lump after lump...since he hit twenty, they seem to have gone down in frequency a lot.
Just a guess, but did he play football as a teen?  Or some other sport that required wearing a helmet?  Maybe straps rubbing on his earlobes started an infection initially, then recontaminated the area from time to time.

Nope - not even a band hat with a strap.  Which is why the lumps puzzled me....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4591 on: December 10, 2013, 09:22:03 PM »
HEHEHEHE (ETA: I'm not laughing at this poor man, just at my own craziness for watching this stuff) I cannot wait for part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9SL_lrKmKs
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:25:47 PM by Dazi »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

exitzero

« Reply #4592 on: December 11, 2013, 10:44:01 AM »
The subway commute home was bad enought last night, but after finally getting on a train, my foot slipped. I looked down to see why, and I was standing in a puddle of puke.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4593 on: December 11, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »
Good and bad.

Last night, I had the burning feeling of a thousand suns in my abdomen. It was high, so I thought I might have heartburn or an ulcer. It didn't improve until DH brought me OTC meds.

This morning, much of the same, but a mild headache too.

I just went into the restroom, and discovered I am spotting and have clots. I have never had menstrual cramps in my upper abdomen before.

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #4594 on: December 11, 2013, 03:02:09 PM »
DH and I have been trying for a baby for more than 18 months now.  OBGYN lady put me on a combination of meds that have some interesting GI effects.  On the plus side, I have lost 25 pounds in four months.  On the negative side, ewwww gross GI issues almost every day, sometimes getting to be so bad I call in to work because I wouldn't be able to drive the twenty minutes without immediate access to a bathroom.

Last night though, DH and I were ... well, trying for a baby in the shower.  Or we were trying to try.  We didn't even get started before I ripped a noxious fart (made worse by the steamy shower) and had to run over to the toilet.  Husband just quit showering, toweled off, and went into another room for awhile.  I don't think he appreciated my response to his 'come hither my lovely naked wife'!   ;D

But all of these tummy problems are good practice for morning sickness and messy diapers and spit-up, right?

alkira6

« Reply #4595 on: December 12, 2013, 09:48:30 AM »
DH and I have been trying for a baby for more than 18 months now.  OBGYN lady put me on a combination of meds that have some interesting GI effects.  On the plus side, I have lost 25 pounds in four months.  On the negative side, ewwww gross GI issues almost every day, sometimes getting to be so bad I call in to work because I wouldn't be able to drive the twenty minutes without immediate access to a bathroom.

Last night though, DH and I were ... well, trying for a baby in the shower.  Or we were trying to try.  We didn't even get started before I ripped a noxious fart (made worse by the steamy shower) and had to run over to the toilet.  Husband just quit showering, toweled off, and went into another room for awhile.  I don't think he appreciated my response to his 'come hither my lovely naked wife'!   ;D

But all of these tummy problems are good practice for morning sickness and messy diapers and spit-up, right?

I should not laugh but this is hysterical to me.  Fart jokes make me revert to a pre-teen boy.

Melle

« Reply #4596 on: December 12, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »
Well, I hope your hubby appreciates what you're going through, and even in advance, for his future offspring (and by the way, keeping my fingers crossed for you :)).
A comedian I adore once said: "For every woman giving birth to a child, a man should have to poop a brick. Crosswise."

Snooks

« Reply #4597 on: December 12, 2013, 02:05:56 PM »
You know the old joke about the woman who goes to the doctor with dreadful wind that she thinks doesn't smell and the doctor clears her sinuses and she's disgusted? That was pretty much me pre and post shower this morning.

greencat

« Reply #4598 on: December 12, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »
I am a veritable snot fountain today.  Yesterday I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the cats shoving their fur in my faces, but today I'm quite sure that I've got a head cold.

I just sneezed out a tonsil stone!   ;D

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #4599 on: December 13, 2013, 07:43:44 AM »
I am a veritable snot fountain today.  Yesterday I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the cats shoving their fur in my faces, but today I'm quite sure that I've got a head cold.

I just sneezed out a tonsil stone!   ;D

I am jealous of your stone. I don't have tonsils! (Had them out when I was 4.)
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4600 on: December 13, 2013, 08:36:40 AM »
I am in the midst of an allergy illness.

Started with itchy throat, ears, and running nose. Usual.
Jumped to phlegmy coughing, and occasional productive coughs. Not so usual for me.
Now the sinus headache, which is usually #2 in the progression.

I am sitting at work, in the dark (because of the headache) and coughed, then realized how much better I felt. Thank God I looked down and realized I had coughed a giant lung oyster of mucus onto my lovely dark blue, gray, and raspberry argyle sweater.  ::)

On the positive side, I can breathe now.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4601 on: December 13, 2013, 09:56:49 AM »
*snicker* Lung oyster... *bursts out laughing* I have no idea why I find those two words so amusing! Glad you are feeling better ladyknight1!

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #4602 on: December 13, 2013, 10:18:18 AM »
I've been sick for the past week and a half. But I can't really just stop and get the rest I desperately need. Something about kids needing to be supervised, and they want to eat everyday. More than once!

DH walked in to the bathroom one morning and was disgusted by what he saw. I was hacking up lung oysters of my own, and charting the progression of my illness by checking color and consistency of the mucus. DH walked in to see me examining the pea soup green, mixed with tonsil stones mess in the sink and let out a horrified, "what are you doing?!?!" I was figuring out how much energy I would  have that day, and I told DH it was going to be a movie marathon day for the kids
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Stormtreader

« Reply #4603 on: December 13, 2013, 10:44:54 AM »
VorSon has had issues with lumps in his earlobes.  I don't know why - he has no piercings...but he does have small scars from where he (and I) have opened & drained lump after lump...since he hit twenty, they seem to have gone down in frequency a lot.
Just a guess, but did he play football as a teen?  Or some other sport that required wearing a helmet?  Maybe straps rubbing on his earlobes started an infection initially, then recontaminated the area from time to time.

Nope - not even a band hat with a strap.  Which is why the lumps puzzled me....

Does he get waxy ears? If im unwell I seem to generate a LOT of quite oily earwax in my sleep that leads to overspill in the night and cyst-like bumps on my earlobes.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4604 on: December 13, 2013, 10:58:13 AM »
I had a little purplish spot in my groin that I thought was a deep zit.

This morning I woke up and found that once again, I missed the explosion. In the middle of blood and lymph floated a 3 mm rubbery sac of blood.

It was considerate of the universe to nicely package it for me. It was very boingy.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)