Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 787654 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4650 on: December 18, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »
I read about that - bags of "fruit acids" that break down the connective tissue in the skin...the after picture from the reviewer looked really odd...she did mention that she was wearing padded socks for a few days until the skin was no longer quite so tender (after everything peeled off) - and that she planned to do it again.  Once in a while.  Like a few weeks before sandal season, so that the skin had a chance to get a little less sensitive before being exposed to the sun in sandals...  And before she went in for a pedicure - because her feet were just "so gross"...

There were before and after photos - her feet were NOT baby feet before...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4651 on: December 18, 2013, 04:26:59 PM »
I use Callus Blaster, an acid based gel. It works amazingly.

Runningstar

« Reply #4652 on: December 18, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »
I just would like to say that I'm in great pain now due to this topic - pain from giggling and stomach rolling over the disgustingness of many/most posts.  Why didn't I read this before now!!  This is hilarious, and yet I'm still too shy to share my own gross outs..... yet.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4653 on: December 18, 2013, 05:47:41 PM »
My phlegm is now a completely unnatural shade of fluorescent yellow/green.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4654 on: December 18, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »
I no longer am coughing anything up.

But the fever and antibiotics have done a number on my digestive tract...the gas is terrible.

Runningstar

« Reply #4655 on: December 18, 2013, 08:51:03 PM »

But the fever and antibiotics have done a number on my digestive tract...the gas is terrible.
You are killing me!!  Now my kids are wondering why less than a week before Christmas I'm sitting here laughing.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #4656 on: December 18, 2013, 10:46:24 PM »
Last night I had some very tasty baked beans for dinner.  :)

They mostly struck last night, which was fine.
But for some reason, they, launched a second gas attack on my drive home.  :P

It's very cold here right now. Opening the car window for ventilation was out of the question.

There is nothing quite like being alone in the car, swimming in a cloud of noxious fumes and knowing that you have absolutely no one but yourself to blame.  ::)

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #4657 on: December 19, 2013, 04:30:21 AM »
Aww, poor pup was just worried about you!  That's kind of sweet.  Sorry to hear about the nosebleed though.  Have you tried a stovetop potpourri?

They last for weeks and basically just boil off nicely-scented water vapor in your home.  You simply add water whenever it's running low.  it's one way we try and fight the dry air this time of year.

No, I haven't, but that's a pretty good idea!

mmswm

« Reply #4658 on: December 19, 2013, 09:11:35 AM »
An active game of scrabble plus that time of the month starting seemingly in the middle of said scrabble game produces an epic mess. On the flip side, my cramps are practically non existent today where it's usually bade nought to have my curled into a little ball sobbing in pain. I wonder if the two things are related.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #4659 on: December 19, 2013, 10:02:32 AM »
From what I've read, they are.

greencat

« Reply #4660 on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:18 AM »
Yes, that happens when the combination of the extra fluids and possible cervical disruption involved in scrabble allow things to exit more quickly than normal...and truly, without the unwanted matter, it does seem like the cramps are less.

I had similar results from a rock concert - an outdoor festival show using speaker stacks the size of cars.  I got there, with normal levels of flow...then I went through an entire box of extra strength tampons. It was really, really, really, not pretty and I was glad I had a change of clothes in the car, because the pants I was wearing when I got there looked like I'd walked through an abattoir.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4661 on: December 19, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »
Brown, thick, stringy mucus. Trying to consume as much hot liquid as possible to get rid of it.

missanpan

« Reply #4662 on: December 19, 2013, 10:58:53 AM »
Last night I had some very tasty baked beans for dinner.  :)

They mostly struck last night, which was fine.
But for some reason, they, launched a second gas attack on my drive home.  :P

It's very cold here right now. Opening the car window for ventilation was out of the question.

There is nothing quite like being alone in the car, swimming in a cloud of noxious fumes and knowing that you have absolutely no one but yourself to blame.  ::)

LOL. Not to mention coming back to your car after a while and finding out that the noxious fumes have an incredible staying power. It's particularily embarrassing when you are giving someone a lift in your car.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4663 on: December 19, 2013, 11:06:07 AM »

You are killing me!!  Now my kids are wondering why less than a week before Christmas I'm sitting here laughing.

Truthfully, it's not just the gas...but the gas truly seems never ending.  I burped for over an hour last night.  Make that deliberately belched to try to get rid of it. 

I belched for almost two hours, ate a light dinner (cheese & crackers), and belched for a while longer...instead of coughing, I woke up belching in the middle of the night. 

It's tasteless and odorless - unless I don't get it all out of my system by belching. 

What it does if it isn't gotten rid of by belching...is truly gross.

mmswm

« Reply #4664 on: December 19, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »
Yes, that happens when the combination of the extra fluids and possible cervical disruption involved in scrabble allow things to exit more quickly than normal...and truly, without the unwanted matter, it does seem like the cramps are less.

I had similar results from a rock concert - an outdoor festival show using speaker stacks the size of cars.  I got there, with normal levels of flow...then I went through an entire box of extra strength tampons. It was really, really, really, not pretty and I was glad I had a change of clothes in the car, because the pants I was wearing when I got there looked like I'd walked through an abattoir.

Since the whole thing didn't even phase the other person involved, it's now tempting to plan to drive to Key West around my expected start date every month. His only request was that next time tell him I am due to start any day so he can put towels down. This is seriously the first month since I was nine years old  that I haven't had nearly crippling cramps.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)