Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 690832 times)

wonderfullyanonymous

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4680 on: December 20, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »
A friend swears b heating up prunes in prune juice, then drinking the juice and eating the prunes.

mmswm

« Reply #4681 on: December 20, 2013, 01:42:24 PM »
I have this friend whom I totally adore, but he's a slob. So is one of his roommates. The main areas and the master bathroom stay clean on account of the third roommate. I use the master bathroom when I'm at the apartment. The other bathroom I'm quite certain hasn't been truly cleaned in years. I almost feel like a hazmat suit is necessary to enter. Well, today I had some time to kill while he's at work so I decided to really clean it. I've been working on the tub for an hour and I'm not done yet. The mold, mildew and soap scum is at least 3 cm thick. I've seen worse, but not by much.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Editeer

« Reply #4682 on: December 20, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »
I have this friend whom I totally adore, but he's a slob. So is one of his roommates. The main areas and the master bathroom stay clean on account of the third roommate. I use the master bathroom when I'm at the apartment. The other bathroom I'm quite certain hasn't been truly cleaned in years. I almost feel like a hazmat suit is necessary to enter. Well, today I had some time to kill while he's at work so I decided to really clean it. I've been working on the tub for an hour and I'm not done yet. The mold, mildew and soap scum is at least 3 cm thick. I've seen worse, but not by much.

You must really adore your friend! That's very nice of you.

mmswm

« Reply #4683 on: December 20, 2013, 01:55:23 PM »

You must really adore your friend! That's very nice of you.

I do.  He's an all around great guy. He just doesn't clean past dishes and taking the trash out. I've been kicked out of the bathroom so the one roommate can get ready for work, so I might not have time to finish. I think I can get everything but the floor.

One of the reasons I'm doing this is sort of pay back. I visit Key West every couple weeks and I always stay with him and he never lets me pay for anything. I figured if I did this while he was at work he couldn't stop me.  >:D He will probably fuss at me, but I know he will be very happy.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #4684 on: December 20, 2013, 04:51:09 PM »
I have IBS - and bananas are the one thing I've been able to positively identify as trigger food.  Seriously, one banana is bad, two bananas is explosive, three bananas is thermonuclear detonation. 

As a result, they tend to be the Rx of last resort!

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4685 on: December 20, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »
My upper thighs are a medical playground (see previous post re: boingy sac of blood). This morning: sebaceous cyst.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4686 on: December 23, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »
My DH wanted to stray from the beaten path and try out food wagon dining.  Mobile food trucks/wagons seem to be a food epidemic, popping up in empty parking lots all over town.  We shared a burrito and he had a taco.  He came down with e. coli poisoning.  Apparently he ate all the spoiled bits of meat because I didn't even get a tummy ache.  We ate out last Tuesday night.  Yesterday (Sunday) he was still unable to eat regular food so I made him another meal of scrambled eggs & toast.  From Wednesday through Saturday night, he's puking (or dry heaving) hourly and pooping blood, lots & lots of blood.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

cwm

« Reply #4687 on: December 23, 2013, 04:03:25 PM »
Had to share what I saw this morning, and this seemed like the only place on the forums where it wouldn't have to be whited out.

Driving in to work this morning, just at dawn, and I saw something on the side of the road. Please keep in mind we're in the middle of a cold snap (I use these words carefully) and it's been well below freezing for a while. This something looked vaguely like it could have been a frozen carpet from a distance, but as I got closer, it started looking more weird for a carpet. For example, carpets don't usually have faces staring back over their bodies, faces frozen in a horrible mockery of terror.

It was a deer, apparently hit and with its neck broken, and somehow the head raised up and twisted to look back over the body and it froze that way. You couldn't see its legs, it was just a weird blobby shape until you were close enough to see the detail of the face in the pre-dawn light.

I had a good belly laugh. I was still giggling a good fifteen minutes later when I made it to work.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4688 on: December 23, 2013, 05:59:17 PM »
My DH wanted to stray from the beaten path and try out food wagon dining.  Mobile food trucks/wagons seem to be a food epidemic, popping up in empty parking lots all over town.  We shared a burrito and he had a taco.  He came down with e. coli poisoning.  Apparently he ate all the spoiled bits of meat because I didn't even get a tummy ache.  We ate out last Tuesday night.  Yesterday (Sunday) he was still unable to eat regular food so I made him another meal of scrambled eggs & toast.  From Wednesday through Saturday night, he's puking (or dry heaving) hourly and pooping blood, lots & lots of blood.

I dub thee today's winner!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4689 on: December 23, 2013, 06:47:19 PM »

Thank you, thank you very much! ;D

I don't know how he managed to eat all the spoiled meat.  We were sharing the burrito in a "you take a bite, I'll take a bite" fashion, so it's amazing that I did not get sick at all and he's been deathly ill for going on 6 days.  He's looking for the silver lining - he lost almost 10 pounds already.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

greencat

« Reply #4690 on: December 23, 2013, 06:57:36 PM »

Thank you, thank you very much! ;D

I don't know how he managed to eat all the spoiled meat.  We were sharing the burrito in a "you take a bite, I'll take a bite" fashion, so it's amazing that I did not get sick at all and he's been deathly ill for going on 6 days.  He's looking for the silver lining - he lost almost 10 pounds already.

I'd actually suspect the produce (lettuce? tomato? salsa?) topping the taco - it's more likely to have been contaminated and not had the bad stuff killed by proper cooking than the meat in either the taco or the burrito.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4691 on: December 23, 2013, 07:00:58 PM »
I'd actually suspect the produce (lettuce? tomato? salsa?) topping the taco - it's more likely to have been contaminated and not had the bad stuff killed by proper cooking than the meat in either the taco or the burrito.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!  I think you might be right, greencat. I didn't have any of the taco.  Except he said he thought a couple bites of the meat tasted "off."  Maybe it was both. :-\

Marcus Aurelius

greencat

« Reply #4692 on: December 23, 2013, 07:06:32 PM »
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!  I think you might be right, greencat. I didn't have any of the taco.  Except he said he thought a couple bites of the meat tasted "off."  Maybe it was both. :-\

I had a similar experience where I had shared everything on my plate at dinner with my family and my boyfriend - except the broccoli, which was in a separate dish, and which only I ate.  Based on my symptoms, my broccoli came topped with salmonella. 

mmswm

« Reply #4693 on: December 23, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »
I live in an agricultural area.  There's a lot of barbed wire fences in my area.  Sunday morning my little dog came home with a massive wound where here hind leg meets her belly.  It looks like she might have gotten stuck and a bit of barbed wire ripped off about a 2X3 inch area of skin.  She's healing nicely, so now I can post about it.  I'm oddly fascinated by the grossness of the wound every time I change her dressings.

cwm

« Reply #4694 on: December 24, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
Had to share what I saw this morning, and this seemed like the only place on the forums where it wouldn't have to be whited out.

Driving in to work this morning, just at dawn, and I saw something on the side of the road. Please keep in mind we're in the middle of a cold snap (I use these words carefully) and it's been well below freezing for a while. This something looked vaguely like it could have been a frozen carpet from a distance, but as I got closer, it started looking more weird for a carpet. For example, carpets don't usually have faces staring back over their bodies, faces frozen in a horrible mockery of terror.

It was a deer, apparently hit and with its neck broken, and somehow the head raised up and twisted to look back over the body and it froze that way. You couldn't see its legs, it was just a weird blobby shape until you were close enough to see the detail of the face in the pre-dawn light.

I had a good belly laugh. I was still giggling a good fifteen minutes later when I made it to work.

Update on the deer: The head was gone today. I didn't see any legs, but they could have been under the body. I suspect local dogs or coyotes. Because really, why would someone just want a deer head from the side of the road?