Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 749925 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4740 on: January 01, 2014, 06:28:00 PM »
It's magnesium sulfate, so our equivalent would be Epsom salts. The best bet would probably be to dissolve some Epsom salts in water and soak a cotton ball, then put it over the spot.

That makes more sense.  The salts would draw out the 'stuff'.  The antibiotic ointment would be more likely to have it subside without ever coming to a head.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4741 on: January 01, 2014, 06:43:29 PM »
Thank you! I will report the results.

Snooks

« Reply #4742 on: January 01, 2014, 06:45:39 PM »
I managed to reverse dutch oven DH and the cat last night. I had some rather potent soup for dinner and my stomach decided to do it's own thing while I slept. I got too warm, threw the covers off and the smell woke DH from his dozing and the cat vacated the area.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #4743 on: January 01, 2014, 07:17:41 PM »
I managed to reverse dutch oven DH and the cat last night. I had some rather potent soup for dinner and my stomach decided to do it's own thing while I slept. I got too warm, threw the covers off and the smell woke DH from his dozing and the cat vacated the area.

Hahahahahahahah *inhales* hahahahahahahah  ;D ;D ;D ;D

mmswm

« Reply #4744 on: January 03, 2014, 01:52:31 PM »

I spent yesterday in Key West.  I had a couple things I needed to do down there.  One of my errands involved a store that's next door to the bar where a good friend bartends.  We stopped in for lunch (the kids are allowed to sit at the tables around the bar, but not the bar itself, and the food there is really good).  I had a particular dish that's pretty greasy, but extremely tasty.  I also had a few beers, since we were going to spend a few hours playing tourist and I wouldn't have to drive anywhere anytime soon. After we were done playing tourist I stopped back into my friend's bar with the intent of saying goodbye, but decided to stay and have dinner instead.  We went to another place where I ate even more incredible but greasy food.

Then I trapped my kids into a small car and started out on the three hour drive home. My intestines were rolling.  It got so bad that the kids insisted I turn off the a/c and open the windows.  You know it's bad when a bunch of teen/preteen boys are disgusted.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #4745 on: January 03, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »
It's magnesium sulfate, so our equivalent would be Epsom salts. The best bet would probably be to dissolve some Epsom salts in water and soak a cotton ball, then put it over the spot.

That makes more sense.  The salts would draw out the 'stuff'.  The antibiotic ointment would be more likely to have it subside without ever coming to a head.

Yes, thanks, that's the idea.  The magnoplasm is a thick paste ointment used as a drawing ointment to bring things to a head.  I'm a believer in the 'better out than in' school of treating small local infections!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4746 on: January 04, 2014, 05:43:06 PM »
The cyst just won't come to a head and even when poked with a needle, it doesn't do anything. I am making an appointment to have it checked.

Snooks

« Reply #4747 on: January 04, 2014, 05:55:12 PM »
I went to London and came home with black snot. Thought I'd share  :)

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4748 on: January 04, 2014, 07:57:42 PM »

I dont know whether to be amazed or horrified.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4749 on: January 04, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »
I get black snot every time I go camping. Guess what I am doing next weekend?

Bluenomi

« Reply #4750 on: January 04, 2014, 10:21:08 PM »

I have that issue when I visit Sydney.

Shea

« Reply #4751 on: January 04, 2014, 10:31:54 PM »
Awwww, man, I want a cyst!

I don't want a cyst, I want someone around me to get one and let me perform minor surgery on it. Not somebody I care deeply about like my kids or parents because I wouldn't want them in pain, but someone close enough to me that they would let me dig around in it. ;)

That would be me. The Sweetie won't have anything to do with zits, cysts, abcesses, etc. "If you loved me, you would pop them!" I cry inside, silently.

Too bad we're not significant others! BF gets rather large blackheads on his back sometimes, but absolutely will not allow me to get rid of them. Drives me INSANE.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:34:55 PM by Shea »

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

Reika

« Reply #4752 on: January 04, 2014, 11:22:03 PM »
I had a zit on the back of my neck within the hairline and it hurt, a lot. After much prodding, it finally broke open and left a giant scab that probably itched as much as it had previously hurt and didn't seem to be healing. Finally peeled the scab off (taking a small chunk of hair with it) a couple of days ago. The thing must have been between the size of a nickle and a quarter with a glob of gross looking stuff on the bottom. Thankfully it's now healing, since the spot is less than half the size of a dime with no itching or hurting.

Throughout the whole time I kept wishing one of my fellow pickers was around so that someone who could actually see the darn thing could help me get rid of it the first time around.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4753 on: January 04, 2014, 11:43:11 PM »
So, I smell something horrid a few moments ago. Smells like cat poo. Oh, kitty went potty, I think. The smell doesn't dissipate as these things usually do, and so I investigate. there was cat poop in three different places on the linoleum. (thank heavens for linoleum) It had litter on it so i dunno what happened... so I cleaned it up, and well, I have OUT! for hard floors, so I used that. But seriously man... that was nasty.

Reika

« Reply #4754 on: January 04, 2014, 11:56:31 PM »
Sounds like some of it got caught on her butt then fell (or rubbed) off.