Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 690437 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4785 on: January 09, 2014, 09:14:38 AM »
It must have been extra juicy, as it soaked through the pajamas, through the sheets and onto the mattress pad. I was not happy.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4786 on: January 09, 2014, 09:15:28 AM »
OK - that's a definite 'EWWWWWW'.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #4787 on: January 09, 2014, 09:47:36 AM »
I fold my pajamas in the morning and place them on the bed to wear the next night. When I was putting on my pajamas last night, I realized they were cold and damp. Then noticed the chunks of cat food and hair on them. Yep, cat puke decorated pajamas!

Yuck.

At least you weren't wearing the pajamas at the time!

I made the mistake of buying a pack of canned cat food that has cheese in it for the kitten.  This went over well with her tastebuds, but it did not go over well with her stomach. 

starofwinter

« Reply #4788 on: January 12, 2014, 11:05:49 PM »
I had a really nasty infected sebaceous cyst under my arm this week, and the whole area was red by the time I got in at the doctor's office.  They had to inject me twice(!!!) with lidocaine and then cut it open.  It's currently draining /end BG

I was at a friend's house when I noticed that my shirt seemed awfully damp for it being as cool as it is outside.  I made my excuses and got home ASAP.  Yeah, turns out the last pocket of infection that I was kind of worried about started to drain, and my whole side was soaked.  There is nothing like the sight and feeling of very warm, thick black blood and pus running down your skin.  -shudders-

ETA: Bubbling is not a sound that anyone should hear from their own blood.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:55:43 AM by starofwinter »

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #4789 on: January 12, 2014, 11:07:25 PM »
DH got a nasty burn on his arm from our wood stove. It scabbed over (big!), and today he pulled the scab off after accidentally loosening it. I was all excited, hoping to see some gross oozing. Nope, just some bleeding and a well-healing line. :(

I did get to put a couple of Barbie band-aids on it.  :D
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4790 on: January 13, 2014, 09:41:45 AM »
I had a really nasty infected sebaceous cyst under my arm this week, and the whole area was red by the time I got in at the doctor's office.  They had to inject me twice(!!!) with lidocaine and then cut it open.  It's currently draining /end BG

I was at a friend's house when I noticed that my shirt seemed awfully damp for it being as cool as it is outside.  I made my excuses and got home ASAP.  Yeah, turns out the last pocket of infection that I was kind of worried about started to drain, and my whole side was soaked.  There is nothing like the sight and feeling of very warm, thick black blood and pus running down your skin.  -shudders-

ETA: Bubbling is not a sound that anyone should hear from their own blood.

Bubbling?!  I... I think for the first time in this thread, I'm actually envious.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #4791 on: January 13, 2014, 02:03:19 PM »
Dp's last operation has been, thus far, a pretty rousing success. We haven't had any major issues with anything, and I thought we were home free until last week. Apparently she had a small abscess forming under her skin, with no pain or significant swelling to mark it, and we didn't know until Thursday evening, when I came home to find her hyperventilating because her shirt and surgical binder were soaked with some clear liquid. She's got a hole about the size and depth of a pencil eraser in her chest, along the incision, and it's oozing massive amounts of clear liquid. Yuk! But the hole itself is fascinating, if creepy.

The visiting nurse called the doctor, and they aren't concerned since she's not running a fever/no smell to the liquid/etc. but man is it draining a LOT of liquid! I'm changing the bandage twice a day! She goes to the surgeon tomorrow morning for a follow up, and I'm hoping they have a solution, because I'm worried she's going to dry up and fly away in the wind as much as this thing is leaking!

EMuir

« Reply #4792 on: January 13, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »
Another cat puke story, with a funny twist.

We've started giving our three cats dental kibble for treats.  All was well until today, when instead of chewing it, one cat just scarfed it back.  A few minutes later I hear a horking sound and go running with a paper towel to find that cat about to spew.  Unfortunately the horking sound attracted the other two cats.  We all watched as the treats re-emerged.  My reaction was "ewww", the other two cats were all "CRUD MONKEYS! SHE CAN PRODUCE TREATS WIF HER MOUF!"

I managed to wipe it up before any of it was eaten again, but now one of the cats is following the barfing cat around and checking the floor where she's been, just in case.

Sigh.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4793 on: January 13, 2014, 02:55:16 PM »
I managed to wipe it up before any of it was eaten again, but now one of the cats is following the barfing cat around and checking the floor where she's been, just in case.

LOL.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4794 on: January 13, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »
From Hyperbole and a Half's magnificent "Dogs don't understand basic concepts like moving"

Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #4795 on: January 13, 2014, 04:40:57 PM »

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #4796 on: January 13, 2014, 06:47:46 PM »
Another cat puke story, with a funny twist.

We've started giving our three cats dental kibble for treats.  All was well until today, when instead of chewing it, one cat just scarfed it back.  A few minutes later I hear a horking sound and go running with a paper towel to find that cat about to spew.  Unfortunately the horking sound attracted the other two cats.  We all watched as the treats re-emerged.  My reaction was "ewww", the other two cats were all "CRUD MONKEYS! SHE CAN PRODUCE TREATS WIF HER MOUF!"

Sigh.

Lily is known to hork up her treats whole. Sophie then tries to eat them. :-X
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4797 on: January 13, 2014, 07:06:33 PM »
I am grateful that I did not observe this, but only heard a friend relate it.  She bought her first horse and did not have him vet checked first.  He has canker in one hind hoof.  She described canker as looking like rotten cauliflower with a nasty, fetid odor.  She has to treat the hoof several times a week.  First she must debride (remove by cutting/scraping) the affected tissue down to good tissue.  She said the hoof bleeds profusely when touched and the odor is gag-worthy.  After she's done debriding the canker tissue, she has to pack the hoof with iodine, then wrap with a diaper and finish with a ton of duct tape.

She asked me to help her find a good home for the horse.  There aren't many people who want to take on the challenge of equine canker and the responsibility of feeding a large horse (half-draft breed) who can only walk & trot a little.  I fear she will need to put him down, which is a pity because he's got a generous heart and a kind eye.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

greencat

« Reply #4798 on: January 13, 2014, 11:00:05 PM »
I am grateful that I did not observe this, but only heard a friend relate it.  She bought her first horse and did not have him vet checked first.  He has canker in one hind hoof.  She described canker as looking like rotten cauliflower with a nasty, fetid odor.  She has to treat the hoof several times a week.  First she must debride (remove by cutting/scraping) the affected tissue down to good tissue.  She said the hoof bleeds profusely when touched and the odor is gag-worthy.  After she's done debriding the canker tissue, she has to pack the hoof with iodine, then wrap with a diaper and finish with a ton of duct tape.

She asked me to help her find a good home for the horse.  There aren't many people who want to take on the challenge of equine canker and the responsibility of feeding a large horse (half-draft breed) who can only walk & trot a little.  I fear she will need to put him down, which is a pity because he's got a generous heart and a kind eye.

Most areas have some kind of equine rescue that might be able to help...

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #4799 on: January 14, 2014, 06:55:46 AM »
I leave my bedroom door open, and the dog (a Boxer, if that matters) usually chooses to sleep on my bed with me.  I have a double bed, but it's still a pretty cramped fit at times because she likes to lay cross-ways or diagonally.  Last night, it was wonderful.  At least, at first.  She got on the bed before I did, but she was lying on one side of the bed, leaving more than enough room for me on the other side.  Whose bed is this anyway?

So, when I fell asleep, she was right beside me with her head at the head of the bed.  Somehow during the night, she flipped around so that her butt was where her head once was.  I found that out the hard way.  She let out one of those silent Boxer farts, and it was the fart that woke me up.  The smell clung to my hair.  I had to wash my hair at 4AM because it smelled like a dog fart.