Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 768297 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4875 on: January 27, 2014, 01:46:06 PM »
A friend of mine shared this review of Hairbo Gummy Bears

I posted here due to the nature of what the reviews contain.  >:D

I was laughing so hard that I was crying and wheezing for lack of breath.

I especially like the one paraphrased from Dune....both the cat and VorGuy were staring at me when I got to that one....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

EMuir

« Reply #4876 on: January 27, 2014, 02:28:48 PM »
The discussion of hork reminds me of the time I was driving my spouse home due to her not feeling well. She started feeling nauseous and I started to pull over.  A bit too late... she threw up on herself and her seatbelt.  Then we were stopped and she undid her seatbelt to open the door and finish throwing up out there.

The seatbelt covered in vomit retracted...

I tipped the detailing shop VERY WELL.

Cherry91

« Reply #4877 on: January 27, 2014, 02:42:36 PM »

I especially like the one paraphrased from Dune....both the cat and VorGuy were staring at me when I got to that one....

I won't post it here as it's pretty nasty, but there's a video on Youtube of someone who ate the entire bag.

He regrets it, to put it mildly.

Reika

« Reply #4878 on: January 27, 2014, 02:56:07 PM »

I won't post it here as it's pretty nasty, but there's a video on Youtube of someone who ate the entire bag.

Yep, I had to pause halfway through reading the reviews to catch my breath and wipe the tears away from laughing so hard.

Was the video in question the one from LA Beast? If so, I thought he was an idiot (but it was funny).

Cherry91

« Reply #4879 on: January 27, 2014, 03:55:15 PM »

Yep, I had to pause halfway through reading the reviews to catch my breath and wipe the tears away from laughing so hard.

Was the video in question the one from LA Beast? If so, I thought he was an idiot (but it was funny).

That's the one. I was caught between being sympathetic and not, because honestly what did he expect? Apparently his entire channel is dedicated to him either eating sickening amounts of things or things that should not be eaten...

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #4880 on: January 27, 2014, 05:47:51 PM »

That's the one. I was caught between being sympathetic and not, because honestly what did he expect? Apparently his entire channel is dedicated to him either eating sickening amounts of things or things that should not be eaten...

I'm thinking of buying a five pounder for myself. If they taste as good as the originals they can't be as obnoxiously evil as laxitive pills... Right?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4881 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:10 PM »
Don't take more than two the first time you use them as laxitives...and warn anyone with an allergy to artificial sweeteners that they are NOT intended as candy.

Because anyone eating six of them might be in for a shock as to the side effects....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4882 on: January 27, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »
A little while ago I was not feeling very well.   My DH told me to go to the bathroom just in case... He has an excellent sense of timing.

As a side note,  my ear has been bothering me since getting the flu last month.   Doctor confirmed an ear infection and prescribed some antibiotics,  both oral and drops.

I puked so hard that I busted a ton of capillaries in my face, but that is par for course with me.   As I was  sitting there with my  head resting on the bowl,  I felt something warm and gooey running down my face from my ear. It was this blob of earwax at least the size of a dime followed by clear fluid.   

I look like I've been on a bender,  but my ear doesn't hurt anymore and I can hear out of it now.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4883 on: January 27, 2014, 08:04:53 PM »
A little while ago I was not feeling very well.   My DH told me to go to the bathroom just in case... He has an excellent sense of timing.

As a side note,  my ear has been bothering me since getting the flu last month.   Doctor confirmed an ear infection and prescribed some antibiotics,  both oral and drops.

I puked so hard that I busted a ton of capillaries in my face, but that is par for course with me.   As I was  sitting there with my  head resting on the bowl,  I felt something warm and gooey running down my face from my ear. It was this blob of earwax at least the size of a dime followed by clear fluid.   

I look like I've been on a bender,  but my ear doesn't hurt anymore and I can hear out of it now.

Wow, I bet that's a relief.  The ear part, anyway.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Reika

« Reply #4884 on: January 27, 2014, 08:06:14 PM »

I'm afraid I had no sympathy, but I had to give him credit for eating the entire thing in a little over an hour. :)

Dazi - ew! But I'm glad you're feeling better. The last time I had something like that, I had to deal with drops for 2 weeks before it softened enough for them to rinse out. And the amount of gunk that came out freaked out the interns working with the doctor.

greencat

« Reply #4885 on: January 27, 2014, 10:51:34 PM »
When I was a kid, my mom made the mistake of letting me buy about 5 pounds of mini-sized gummi bears from one of those bulk candy places.  I emptied the bag that night.  I did not feel good.  I learned absolutely nothing from this experience, although as an adult at least I have the self control to limit myself on the buying end.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #4886 on: January 28, 2014, 12:44:03 AM »
I am just curious but what is so wrong with those gummy bears that they cause umm... explosions after only eating a handful?

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4887 on: January 28, 2014, 01:26:33 AM »
We had visitors from the mainland today, so we drove around Oahu showing them the places tourists don't go.  We stopped at the secret place that makes the best fried chicken.  We drove on and in about 5 minutes, the wife taps my arm (I'm driving) and tells me that her husband isn't feeling well and needs me to pull over.  There's a driveway on the right which leads into an open air dining area with 8-10 food trucks, picnic tables, and a parking lot with dozens of people checking out the dining options.  I pulled in and kept going until I reached the back so he could get some privacy behind the trees and not gross out the people looking for lunch.

The feral chickens were very excited and when he left, they flocked behind the trees.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #4888 on: January 28, 2014, 01:26:50 AM »
I am just curious but what is so wrong with those gummy bears that they cause umm... explosions after only eating a handful?

The particular artificial sweetener used has the tendency to, shall we say, "get its revenge". (Honestly, I have this problem with ANY artificial sweetener - but that particular one is known for hitting people who can tolerate, say, aspartame or sucralose.) Same deal as those Pringles a while back that used that olestra stuff - it basically runs right through you and wreaks havoc.

Unfortunately, they seem to be transitioning all gummy candies they make to using that sweetener...
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4889 on: January 28, 2014, 06:32:41 AM »

The particular artificial sweetener used has the tendency to, shall we say, "get its revenge". (Honestly, I have this problem with ANY artificial sweetener - but that particular one is known for hitting people who can tolerate, say, aspartame or sucralose.) Same deal as those Pringles a while back that used that olestra stuff - it basically runs right through you and wreaks havoc.

Unfortunately, they seem to be transitioning all gummy candies they make to using that sweetener...

It's a type of sugar alcohol.  Some people tolerate sugar alcohol okay, some do NOT. 

For a very long time, the only thing I ever saw sugar alcohols in were sugar free gum, maybe diabetic sugar free candy, and the occasionally lollypop.   Those were usually malitol, sorbitol, and xylitol. They seem to be sneaking their way in a lot of other foods now, I assuming it'd an attempt to lower the refined sugar used or calorie count.  I've known more than one person to fall afoul of the sugar free gum and candy bits.

Oh, olestra, how I hate thee.  It's like a war was taking place in my intestines.  One handful of anything containing olestra, will have me on the toilet for three to five days.  It gives me the severe cramping, explosive-mucus laced diarrhea, and causes me to sweat profusely.  Seriously, I've had both dysentery and e-coli poisoning that I had less toilet time with than with one handful of olestra laden potato chips. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah