Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 799591 times)

OSUJillyBean

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4905 on: January 31, 2014, 02:04:15 PM »
I went swimming as a kid with money in my pocket, then my friends and I walked to the local gas station for a pop.  When I tried to pay, the cashier told me he couldn't accept wet money.  I just laughed, left the money on the counter, and walked off with my pop.  I honestly thought he was joking at the time and now I'm a little embarrassed.  It was just river water and we were soaked from swimming but so far as this cashier knew, it was something much worse. 

:-[  I was apparently a little jerk in middle school!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4906 on: January 31, 2014, 03:19:09 PM »
tracheostomy

This is from a friend from work, and it is really gross, I made her stop telling me. She told me she actually physically vomited afterwords.

She was checking a customer out, who at a tracheostomy, and it was covered by a cloth. She said the customer coughed, and phlegm went all down his front.

EW!

I have a customer who has one, sweet, sweet lady, but one day she was clearing or coughing and oh my deity, I almost horked myself as it sounded so very loud and disgusting.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4907 on: January 31, 2014, 03:38:25 PM »

The feral chickens were very excited and when he left, they flocked behind the trees.

This made me giggle. Poor guy, but the chickens were happy!

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #4908 on: January 31, 2014, 07:58:54 PM »
I went swimming as a kid with money in my pocket, then my friends and I walked to the local gas station for a pop.  When I tried to pay, the cashier told me he couldn't accept wet money.  I just laughed, left the money on the counter, and walked off with my pop.  I honestly thought he was joking at the time and now I'm a little embarrassed.  It was just river water and we were soaked from swimming but so far as this cashier knew, it was something much worse. 

:-[  I was apparently a little jerk in middle school!

I grew up in a little resort town, with a lake. When I worked as a cashier at the grocery store during the summer the money we got was almost always wet. During the summer, when the clothing option was a bathing suit, with a t-shirt over it or swim trunks with a t-shirt, there are very little options for carrying loose money.  It was not unusual for the registers to have money drying on top of them.

Even now, as a cashier, we money does not bother me, except for this one time. It does not bother me when a girl/woman takes money out of her bra. Usually, it's right there in the front/top. However, this one lady, and I'm going to use that term loosely, practically has her whole arm under her boob, digging for her money. She finally comes up with the money, but I was so grossed out, I almost took it into the bathroom to wash it. I settled for just putting it under the drawer.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #4909 on: February 03, 2014, 08:37:05 AM »
As background, we keep emesis bags (the ones from the hospital, with the stay-open ring at the top and loooong sealed bag to collect stuff) in our van, as vomit seems to happen a LOT for my poor DP, who is still dealing with nausea from her massive surgery in November. I am also having a horrible bout of coughing from bronchitis (I think it was from the Frozen Tuesday 12 hour commute stress on top of an almost-gone cold) - it's the kind of coughing that makes you vomit occasionally.

Driving home from getting dinner at the mall on Friday, DP started getting nauseous, and grabbed a bag from the stash in the van. She accidentally grabbed two, which was lucky, because as soon as she started, I got really nauseated from a long coughing spell and needed one too. We drove the last mile and a half, each clutching a bag of vomit. Oh, the joy!

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4910 on: February 03, 2014, 09:46:07 AM »
I have an appointment this afternoon to get a boil taken care of. I sorrow that it's not in a place I can watch.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

alkira6

« Reply #4911 on: February 03, 2014, 10:09:39 AM »
My husband and I have been making an effort to eat healthier and eat home cooked though we don't have a lot of time or energy. We've been getting deliveries from hellofresh.com and all of the meals have been wonderful - 10 minutes prep, 20 minutes cooking.

But (you knew this was coming  ::)  ) this past Saturday he cooked salmon with a lemon basil sauce, potatoes, and some sort of garlic tomato relish thing.  Everything was good. For a while.  About 30 minutes after eating I felt this weird swelling in my sinuses and a burning on the back of my throat.  I tried swallowing, tried ignoring, tried soft coughing.  No go.  Suddenly a waterfall of slime came down the back of my throat and I gagged and ran to the bathroom.  After much hacking and gagging a giant wad of snot and salmon came down my sinuses. How I inhaled salmon I have no idea.  I am not too keen on eating leftovers.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #4912 on: February 03, 2014, 03:04:27 PM »
I have an ear infection. Actually, no, that's not quite true any more. I have two ear infections and a sinus infection. Thanks to the mucus I have been swallowing I also have nausea and vomiting, and thanks to the antibiotics, I have... problems at the other end. And just to put the cherry on the top of the sundae of discomfort, this all started on the worst day of my period. :P
"Set aphasia to stun!"

daen

« Reply #4913 on: February 03, 2014, 04:26:47 PM »
So - I came down with what I assume was food poisoning, possibly complicated by stress, Wednesday night. I had the vomiting and number 3. Whilst I was sitting on the toilet, trying to keep myself from completely falling apart, I started feeling like I was going to retch again. I looked around for something to throw up into, but there was nothing I could see. So I aimed myself at the bathtub beside me.

I did indeed begin to retch, with a passion and quality that, although it wasn't overly productive (the previous six bouts had taken care of that), my entire body was spasming. I couldn't keep myself on the toilet, and I helplessly slid onto the floor in front of it.

Then, and only then, did fire-hose butt kick in - and I couldn't move because I was still retching. I had somehow managed to keep my bathrobe on, and as I'd moved/slid/fallen, it had tucked itself underneath me, and was trapping everything next to my skin.

Eventually, all was quiet again. My husband came to rescue me, and he hosed down the bathtub and told me to shower off while he cleaned everything out of my bathrobe and put it through the washer. Then he washed down the floor with a bleach solution.

Then he made sure there was a pail right beside the toilet, just in case. And it was necessary.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4914 on: February 03, 2014, 04:31:22 PM »
My husband came to rescue me, and he hosed down the bathtub and told me to shower off while he cleaned everything out of my bathrobe and put it through the washer. Then he washed down the floor with a bleach solution.

Then he made sure there was a pail right beside the toilet, just in case. And it was necessary.

He's a keeper!  Hope you are feeling better.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #4915 on: February 03, 2014, 05:54:51 PM »
Oh Daen, that sounds awful.  I hope you're feeling better now.

From last night:

Barfing up beetroot is spec-TAC-ular!  A true technicolour yawn.

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #4916 on: February 03, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
Sadly, I don't have the best teeth. Well, along my gum line, where the tip of my tongue touches, is a spot that looks like it will grow into an abscess. It has me all giddy at the ick factor but then I really go Ick thinking of how it would taste when it does grow and pop. Ewww! 

daen

« Reply #4917 on: February 03, 2014, 07:36:09 PM »
My husband came to rescue me, and he hosed down the bathtub and told me to shower off while he cleaned everything out of my bathrobe and put it through the washer. Then he washed down the floor with a bleach solution.

He's a keeper!  Hope you are feeling better.

Oh, he is, he is! This just confirmed it for me (again).

Oh Daen, that sounds awful.  I hope you're feeling better now.

From last night:

Barfing up beetroot is spec-TAC-ular!  A true technicolour yawn.

Thank you both. I am doing much better now. (And slightly intrigued by the beetroot technicolour yawn - although I've had quite enough throwing up for the time being. )

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #4918 on: February 04, 2014, 10:38:35 AM »
Report on yesterday's abcess draining (turns out it was a sebaceous cyst [an infected oil gland])

I had a grape-sized swelling right by the fold of my thigh - an extremely owie location that hurt every time I got up from a chair. The doctor looked at it and chatted with his nurse: "Wow - that's so tight you'd think it would've burst by now." When he started injecting the local anesthetic -- NOT a fun process, btw -- after the third shot he said, "Whoops! There it went!"

He did an incision and drainage anyway, to clear it all out. Thank FSM for the local. The process was unpleasant enough that I dread to think what it would've been like without it. Luckily, my doc is funny and sarcastic and we get along well. We discussed zit p0rn.

Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #4919 on: February 10, 2014, 01:42:49 AM »
The dog is extremely gassy tonight, and it's the worst I've ever smelled.  Seriously, it's burning the back of my throat!  :P  The last one didn't make a sound.  Not even a little 'pff' to warn me.  As I'm typing this, she just did it again, and I literally dry-gagged.  Dirty heifer...