Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 786901 times)

Nikko-chan

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5115 on: May 01, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »
My son saw that in chemistry class this week!

I found cat puke all over my newest pair of Tevas, paper and the carpet. Sigh.

Speaking of cat puke, I forgot to mention here that I stepped in a pile the other day.

This is probably the only civilized* place on the internet that a person can start a sentence with "Speaking of cat puke..." and it's totally cool.

*I can think of lots of situations where that sentence would mean you had found yourself in a very...questionable...internet neighbourhood!

Ahahaha! I know right? This place is awesome. I have found my people!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #5116 on: May 01, 2014, 09:33:10 PM »
I suppose you could mention cat puke on a cleaning forum, too.

Or possibly when asking your vet what to do if they had an online forum...

But it is not an everyday comment to hear - especially if there are people in the group who don't have cats...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5117 on: May 01, 2014, 09:34:48 PM »
Since this is the gross out thread and nothing phases anyone here... I got puke on my shoe. No it was not cat puke  :-[

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5118 on: May 01, 2014, 10:04:08 PM »
My son saw that in chemistry class this week!

I found cat puke all over my newest pair of Tevas, paper and the carpet. Sigh.

Speaking of cat puke, I forgot to mention here that I stepped in a pile the other day.

This is probably the only civilized* place on the internet that a person can start a sentence with "Speaking of cat puke..." and it's totally cool.

*I can think of lots of situations where that sentence would mean you had found yourself in a very...questionable...internet neighbourhood!
Not the only place.  :D  On another forum, a friend posted that her cat had been severely injured in such a way that he might be incontinent, or even worse, unable to poop.  In that case, they would have to put him to sleep.  Two days after surgery, she posted "HE POOPED!!!!" We erupted in enthusiastic cheers.  Probably the only time a group of internet friends cheered over cat feces...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #5119 on: May 02, 2014, 09:38:42 AM »
Last weekend, at work, a friend running self checks heard a splat behind her, turned to see a child throwing up.

She heard the mother of the child say, I'm glad you didn't do that at church, and do you feel better now?

She said it was all she could do to not join in the "festivities" and was glad he didn't throw up on her. I told her if I were to ever get thrown up on, I will strip the offending clothing off right there, and have someone get me something clean.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5120 on: May 02, 2014, 09:44:17 AM »
After getting dressed, I went downstairs to put my sandals on and stepped in cat puke. While hopping to the kitchen sink and paper towels, I advised DS of the existence of cat puke and to be wary. After cleaning up my foot and the first pile, I found the second with the other foot.

Yuck.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5121 on: May 02, 2014, 09:45:51 AM »
We went to Barnes & Noble Sunday to pick up the next two Game of Thrones books for DS and someone had puked in the first disabled spot next to the door.

I told the customer service staff and she had to get a bucket of hot water from the coffee bar to get rid of it. Not many pastries were sold at that time.

Flibbertigibbet

« Reply #5122 on: May 02, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »
After getting dressed, I went downstairs to put my sandals on and stepped in cat puke. While hopping to the kitchen sink and paper towels, I advised DS of the existence of cat puke and to be wary. After cleaning up my foot and the first pile, I found the second with the other foot.

Yuck.

I once went through three pairs of clean tights like this :(

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5123 on: May 02, 2014, 11:42:15 AM »
Cat puke is part of the reason I always wear shoes in the house.  The only place I don't wear shoes is my bedroom and the bathroom, at night.  The cats are never allowed in my bedroom and they are locked out of the bathroom at night so I don't have to worry about a cat slipping into the bedroom when I open the door, in the dark, in the middle of the night, when I'm still half asleep and only concerned about going to the toilet so I can get back to sleep.  (It is a semi-ensuite - there is a door to the bedroom but also a door to the main part of the house.)

I know, I know.  I'm very cruel for not letting the kitties sleep with me but I have mild asthma and fibromyalgia.  I don't want to mess up my sleeping!  They do get to sleep all over me when I have a nap on the couch.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #5124 on: May 02, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
I got chickens a few weeks ago. This is the first time in the marriage that one of us is really into a project and the other isn't. The Sweetie is clear that these are "YOUR chickens, honey!" (Although she does like the eggs.)

But there are a few jobs that require an extra set of hands, such as spraying the birds for lice.  This is best done after they've gone to rest for the night, when they're easier to handle. We both wear headlamps, I wrangle the birds, and she does the spraying.

I had Harriet upside down when The Sweetie went "Um, she's leaking."  I held her off to the side until she was done pooping, then back to the job.

A friend's chicken has become egg-bound, so I've been reading up on what to do should that happen to one of mine. When I got to the part with the rubber gloves and K-Y jelly, The Sweetie replied "Not my monkeys. Not my circus."
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5125 on: May 02, 2014, 11:54:07 AM »
DH and I each have our own hobbies. I make jewelry and bake while he makes knives, woodwork and tinkers with other things. It works pretty well.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5126 on: May 02, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »
I got chickens a few weeks ago. This is the first time in the marriage that one of us is really into a project and the other isn't. The Sweetie is clear that these are "YOUR chickens, honey!" (Although she does like the eggs.)

But there are a few jobs that require an extra set of hands, such as spraying the birds for lice.  This is best done after they've gone to rest for the night, when they're easier to handle. We both wear headlamps, I wrangle the birds, and she does the spraying.

I had Harriet upside down when The Sweetie went "Um, she's leaking."  I held her off to the side until she was done pooping, then back to the job.

A friend's chicken has become egg-bound, so I've been reading up on what to do should that happen to one of mine. When I got to the part with the rubber gloves and K-Y jelly, The Sweetie replied "Not my monkeys. Not my circus."

DH & I would love the fresh eggs, but I think you just cured me of any desire to actually have to take care of chickens.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5127 on: May 02, 2014, 02:38:49 PM »
We found a white dove that had been a pet. She had either escaped or had been abandoned and she was in terrible shape with mites and other parasites. We got her fixed up, spraying her, feeding her and giving her baths until she was able to be taken to a local sanctuary that needed a companion dove for one they had.

Mites are disturbing.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #5128 on: May 02, 2014, 03:13:17 PM »

Don't forget, sometimes holding the bird's vent in the steam coming off boiling water (High up! Don't scald your birdies. lol) will loosen the muscles and let the egg drop out. I had to do that to one chicken and four cockatiels. (Actually one cockatiel four times... poor dear)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #5129 on: May 02, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »

Don't forget, sometimes holding the bird's vent in the steam coming off boiling water (High up! Don't scald your birdies. lol) will loosen the muscles and let the egg drop out. I had to do that to one chicken and four cockatiels. (Actually one cockatiel four times... poor dear)

I think I'll go with the pan of very warm water, where you sit the bird down and leave it.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.