Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 745139 times)

Dr. F.

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5160 on: May 05, 2014, 06:31:13 PM »

I am not inclined for a repeat of the grossness of 2012, in which my hand ended up swollen to about twice its normal size due to a cat bite.

This is the gross-out thread, so I don't feel to bad about asking - Did it turn green? My cat-bitten hand swelled to 2-3x it's normal size and turned green. Just in time for me to load up and drive 3 dogs, 2 cats, and a parrot from Los Angeles to DC to start a new job 5 days later. The cat, a VERY skittish rescue, didn't want to go in the carrier for the cross-country drive.

Good times.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5161 on: May 05, 2014, 06:53:39 PM »
I stepped in something cat related, I'm not sure what. I think I will be boiling my foot in the shower for a while.  :-\

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #5162 on: May 05, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »
In the past three days I've discovered dog vomit on the spare bed and on the middle of the floor.  Vomit caused by eating lamb offcuts so it was basically solid, second hand raw meat.  I trod on dog poo in my bedroom (puppy training fail).  And I nearly stood on a (cat) hairball big enough for its own post code...

I love my animals, but boy do they add to the grossness of life!  There is no wondering why I don't have carpet.

snowfire

« Reply #5163 on: May 06, 2014, 12:39:34 AM »
This must be puke week.  I am currently washing a load of formerly clean clothes because they somehow got puked on between the time I pulled them out of the dryer and the time I went back to fold them.  Cats.....

mmswm

« Reply #5164 on: May 06, 2014, 12:43:45 AM »
I just changed my pad 30 minutes ago.  I sat down on a white plastic chair.  When I got up it was covered in blood.  I can't wait to have health insurance again.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

BarensMom

« Reply #5165 on: May 06, 2014, 12:53:55 AM »
I was walking the dog today and stepped on a (very, very dead) gopher snake.  Some of its skin came off onto my shoe, and the neighbor came out to me frantically wiping my foot on his grass.

GreenHall

« Reply #5166 on: May 06, 2014, 09:09:28 AM »
I just changed my pad 30 minutes ago.  I sat down on a white plastic chair.  When I got up it was covered in blood.  I can't wait to have health insurance again.

I know it's not a solution for everyone, but your posts on this have reminded me that last week, I was thinking - "If I were more into social media, I'd go find the 'I love the pill' page that must exist."  Because, seriously, I kept waiting for the heavy day(s), and they never came...

mmswm

« Reply #5167 on: May 06, 2014, 09:34:44 AM »

I know it's not a solution for everyone, but your posts on this have reminded me that last week, I was thinking - "If I were more into social media, I'd go find the 'I love the pill' page that must exist."  Because, seriously, I kept waiting for the heavy day(s), and they never came...

I used to have a solution.  But I moved too far away from him to make that feasible.  Seriously, an active game of scrabble around day one made 90 percent of this go away.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #5168 on: May 06, 2014, 11:48:44 AM »
I have reached the point in my head cold where blowing my nose is no longer an exercise in futility but instead a moment of pure, productive, messy bliss.  ;D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

alkira6

« Reply #5169 on: May 06, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »

I used to have a solution.  But I moved too far away from him to make that feasible.  Seriously, an active game of scrabble around day one made 90 percent of this go away.

I finally convinced my doctor to give me an IUD a couple of years ago, and after a few months adjustment I am a different person.  I went from a day of vomiting, diarrhea, chills, sweats, and body tearing cramps to maybe 15 minutes of light cramping.  I went from spending at least a day camped out in the tub (pads were USELESS!) to using panty liners. I have only bought 1 bag of panty liners and it is still mostly full.

I wound up giving my entire stash of pads to my nieces.

CuriousParty

« Reply #5170 on: May 06, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »
I have reached the point in my head cold where blowing my nose is no longer an exercise in futility but instead a moment of pure, productive, messy bliss.  ;D
I look forward to that day with great longing. Also, to being able to hear out of my left ear again.

Cutenoob

« Reply #5171 on: May 06, 2014, 07:00:30 PM »
There was a dead squirrel next to our back porch a couple days ago.  The barn cats enjoyed it immensely throughout the day.
The barn cats had a Dead Squirrel Buffet?

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #5172 on: May 07, 2014, 11:45:49 AM »

I am not inclined for a repeat of the grossness of 2012, in which my hand ended up swollen to about twice its normal size due to a cat bite.

This is the gross-out thread, so I don't feel to bad about asking - Did it turn green? My cat-bitten hand swelled to 2-3x it's normal size and turned green. Just in time for me to load up and drive 3 dogs, 2 cats, and a parrot from Los Angeles to DC to start a new job 5 days later. The cat, a VERY skittish rescue, didn't want to go in the carrier for the cross-country drive.

Good times.

A co-worker's cat bite became so infected that she had to have surgery to drain her wrist. She was in a cast with those pointy-outy-stretchy posts for a while. Luckily, she recovered fully with no loss of function.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog, Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

greencat

« Reply #5173 on: May 07, 2014, 07:14:21 PM »

Good times.

A co-worker's cat bite became so infected that she had to have surgery to drain her wrist. She was in a cast with those pointy-outy-stretchy posts for a while. Luckily, she recovered fully with no loss of function.

It swelled up pretty big, and it was painful and barely mobile for about a month.  I had to take two courses of very strong antibiotics to deal with the infection.  The bite was right over the joint where the bone of my thumb joins the first bone in my wrist (the metacarpal to the trapezium) - I still have a tiny red dot of a scar there!

The cat apologized by cuddling with me while I was sick...and ridding my entire townhouse building of the plague of rats emitting from the unoccupied unit at the end.  That has a previous entry in this thread, regarding her decision to scatter mouse parts across my living room, but since I haven't seen or heard mice in about two years now, I think she did a great job.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5174 on: May 07, 2014, 07:38:58 PM »
DH stepped on a large hand sewing needle and has a large swelling on his big toe. He will be going to the urgent care clinic for a Tetanus booster tomorrow.  :-\

Did I mention we are camping this weekend? And teaching wilderness first aid?