Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 700959 times)

Snooks

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5280 on: June 26, 2014, 05:04:29 PM »
My digestive system rebelled during my exercise class, the poor lady behind me must have wondered what she'd done to deserve such treatment  :-[

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5281 on: June 27, 2014, 09:55:39 PM »
I have something going on with my tongue that is really gross. I feel like I have had sandpaper in my mouth, and it is very painful. I haven't been eating chips or anything rough. I've had cereal for dinner twice this week because of it.  :-\

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #5282 on: July 04, 2014, 04:15:03 AM »
when Husband had a similar issue with his mouth/tongue being very dry and papery it turned out that he had a blocked salivary gland that had to be fixed - which involved a large syringe and a LOT of pus.
I wanted to take a photo of the syringe full of pus but Husband would not let me.
spoilsport.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #5283 on: July 04, 2014, 09:20:55 AM »
I almost put this in "What little things drive you completely up the wall", but after reading it again I thought it might be a little gross, so I put it here instead.

It's annoying and extremely gross when people don't make sure the dishes are clean before they empty the dishwasher after it's been run.  Our dishwasher is old, and occasionally it doesn't do the job.  This morning when I was making coffee, I added the sugar, splashed in some half-and-half, and stirred.  It was only when I put the spoon in my mouth (sort of a habit after stirring coffee or tea, make of it what you will) that I noticed something was wrong.  I felt something crusty on the bottom of the spoon, which turned out to be a large glob of petrified, tasteless peanut butter.  Which is icky enough, but for an awful moment or two I honestly could not be sure that it wasn't fossilized cat food!  Seriously, how hard is it to actually look at what you're (general you) doing when you put dishes and silverware away? 

So yeah, that coffee ended up down the drain because I couldn't get past the mental block of "Ewwww, nasty food gobs in my drink!"

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #5284 on: July 04, 2014, 02:14:22 PM »
I once poured expensive champagne into a glass and a bunch of dead bugs floated to the surface.  We got different glasses and washed them first.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #5285 on: July 04, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »
We rented a two story house with soffits over the kitchen cabinets on the ground floor (first floor). 

The previous renters had not been good housekeepers.  I understand that they were exotic dancers (sunbathed nude in the back yard according to neighbors and the landlord reported getting paid "cash" in small bills for the rent - among other things). 

We put glasses in the cabinets and then unpacked upstairs.  Came downstairs to get a drink.  Put water & ice in the glasses and watched as lots of small black commas of roach scat floated to the top - which means exactly what you think it does but is more technical and less offensive, I hope. 

The glasses all got run through the dishwasher, the shelves cleaned, and the cracks that let the scat sift down from the soffit were caulked. 

I have no idea if I eradicated the bug issues in that house - but I sure tried to starve them to death if I couldn't poison them (got pregnant a few months after we moved in & poison was not an option with a baby/toddler any more than it was with a pregnant me).
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5286 on: July 04, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »
Even if your prior house occupants had been immaculate housekeepers, it is easy to have issues with them coming in from surrounding houses.

A man at the store today had very strong personal body odor. I found myself avoiding the areas of the store where he was as it was extremely strong.

Editeer

« Reply #5287 on: July 04, 2014, 06:17:28 PM »
Our cat left a dead mouse on the doormat. He had bitten off its head and squeezed the body, so there was a gob of innards protruding from the neck. I'm just relieved that he left it outside this time.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #5288 on: July 04, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »
Even if your prior house occupants had been immaculate housekeepers, it is easy to have issues with them coming in from surrounding houses.

A man at the store today had very strong personal body odor. I found myself avoiding the areas of the store where he was as it was extremely strong.

The houses were fairly far apart - and I was in the other houses to visit once or twice (collecting signatures for a petition, etc.).  They had clean houses...granted, the Deep South doesn't get the kind of freezes that kill bugs...but the amount of scat sifting out of the soffits was...disturbing. 
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #5289 on: July 04, 2014, 07:51:56 PM »
We rented a two story house with soffits over the kitchen cabinets on the ground floor (first floor). 

The previous renters had not been good housekeepers.  I understand that they were exotic dancers (sunbathed nude in the back yard according to neighbors and the landlord reported getting paid "cash" in small bills for the rent - among other things). 

We put glasses in the cabinets and then unpacked upstairs.  Came downstairs to get a drink.  Put water & ice in the glasses and watched as lots of small black commas of roach scat floated to the top - which means exactly what you think it does but is more technical and less offensive, I hope. 

The glasses all got run through the dishwasher, the shelves cleaned, and the cracks that let the scat sift down from the soffit were caulked. 

I have no idea if I eradicated the bug issues in that house - but I sure tried to starve them to death if I couldn't poison them (got pregnant a few months after we moved in & poison was not an option with a baby/toddler any more than it was with a pregnant me).

Along these lines... I was once tasked with helping a friend paint his new home.  By the time I had got there he had already removed all the faceplates.  He was very puzzled by all this brown funk falling out all over the place... Every inch of space was crammed with the stuff.

The stuff was cockroach eggs and/or the shells of hatched cockroach eggs.   Tons and tons and tons of them. It was the stuff of nightmares.

I had him grab the vacuum and vacuum out all the outlets with the little attachment thing and all the eggs that had fell on the floor.  Then made sure he pulled out the vacuum bag, tied it up tight into a double garbage bag, and tossed it straight into the outside bin. Then we went to the store to get bug bombs... He used all four that came in the package, though one or two probably would have done the job.

Oh the carnage the next day. Dead palmetto bugs everywhere. There probably wasn't a whole square foot in the entire place that didn't have a dead body in it.

As a precaution, I also took one new refillable ketchup /mustard bottle full of boric acid and went around all the baseboards,  tops of cabinets, etc. Also,  he re-bombed and re-boric acided every month for several months.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

JoW

« Reply #5290 on: July 04, 2014, 08:05:56 PM »

The houses were fairly far apart - and I was in the other houses to visit once or twice (collecting signatures for a petition, etc.).  They had clean houses...granted, the Deep South doesn't get the kind of freezes that kill bugs...but the amount of scat sifting out of the soffits was...disturbing.
That's the problem.  I've lived in the deep south, on the gulf coast.  In that area "palmetto bugs" - large flying roaches - live outdoors year round.  This is not the small German cockroach found all over the US, especially in cities.  This is a larger species that lives in the tropics, but it looks the same.  They come in through the doors and down the chimney and through any other opening in the house.  They eat just about anything, just like the other species. 

We were perfectly clean.  And we had an exterminator in every month to spray for palmetto bugs.   

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5291 on: July 04, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »
^ I find them in my third floor bedroom, on the chocolate brown curtains. At least once a month, a 3" specimen. I never open the windows up there, and all of our windows have screens. All our doors have door closers, so that isn't the issue either.

They must come through the drains.

greencat

« Reply #5292 on: July 04, 2014, 08:59:53 PM »
My Princess is experiencing another bout of IBS.  This means she has been leaving...smears...everywhere.

Reika

« Reply #5293 on: July 04, 2014, 09:25:35 PM »
^ I find them in my third floor bedroom, on the chocolate brown curtains. At least once a month, a 3" specimen. I never open the windows up there, and all of our windows have screens. All our doors have door closers, so that isn't the issue either.

They must come through the drains.

They do come through the drains, I've had several come up that way. It's the stuff of nightmares.

mmswm

« Reply #5294 on: July 05, 2014, 06:47:24 AM »
I've recently spent several days in the hospital on a lot of pain meds (morphine every two hours via IV for two days).  Narcotics have a nasty habit of causing constipation.  This time was no exception.  My gut was so full that my abdomen was firm to the touch all the way up to the upper part.  So yesterday, I was finally able to poop.  Man did that feel good, but that's not the gross part.  Yesterday's morning poop only relieved the distended, bloated feeling in my lower abdomen.  I was still feeling "full" in my upper abdomen.  Until things started moving downward.  I could quite literally feel the mass of poop moving down as it made it's way to the exit.  I finally pooped again later in the evening.  It was a joyous event worth celebrating with ice cream.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)