Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 767020 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5295 on: July 05, 2014, 09:30:49 AM »
^When I notice I have not gone, I stop eating all but the bare minimum. I've learned the hard way, that my body will wait until it is dingdangity good and ready.

DH's cousin did not learn this lesson and will eat until completely impacted and end up in the hospital. She has done this three times.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5296 on: July 05, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
If you want to move things along naturally, I highly recommend eating beets.  Just be aware that your bowel movement will be the colour of beets.  It is rather disconcerting the first time you encounter it.  (It will also colour your urine, which is also a little freaky.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #5297 on: July 05, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »
When I was on post-surgical Vicodin, I used a mix of 1:1:1 oat bran, prune juice, and applesauce. Mix in evening, keep in fridge overnight to soften. Take two spoonful daily.  Tastes like rusty metal, acts like Colon Blow.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #5298 on: July 05, 2014, 11:06:29 AM »
On the beet note...

Yesterday we had beet salad. DS is a picky eater, so DH told him that eating beets will make him pee pink.

DS took two bites and asked to go to the bathroom. DH had to tell him that it won't happen right away. DS said "never mind," and looked disappointed.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #5299 on: July 05, 2014, 12:19:48 PM »

The houses were fairly far apart - and I was in the other houses to visit once or twice (collecting signatures for a petition, etc.).  They had clean houses...granted, the Deep South doesn't get the kind of freezes that kill bugs...but the amount of scat sifting out of the soffits was...disturbing.
That's the problem.  I've lived in the deep south, on the gulf coast.  In that area "palmetto bugs" - large flying roaches - live outdoors year round.  This is not the small German cockroach found all over the US, especially in cities.  This is a larger species that lives in the tropics, but it looks the same.  They come in through the doors and down the chimney and through any other opening in the house.  They eat just about anything, just like the other species. 

We were perfectly clean.  And we had an exterminator in every month to spray for palmetto bugs.   

DD still lives in the area (not the same house, though) and they have an exterminator coming in every month as part of their "budget" - house payment, electric, water, exterminator, etc.   
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #5300 on: July 06, 2014, 10:54:04 AM »
Speaking of colored poop, this story was relayed to me.

Our store manager is a junk food junkie, I don't think I've seen him eat anything remotely healthy, ever. Twinkies have all kinds of new flavored fillings, which of course he had to try them. The blue raspberry flavored filling turned his poop blue. He was really freaked out about it. When he was telling his story, one of the other managers asked if she could see it. She was half serious, because really, who wouldn't want to see blue poop.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5301 on: July 06, 2014, 11:12:53 AM »
I attended a farewell party at a different office while training new staff in the field. The cake was a white buttercream sheet cake with blue trim. They must have been really ambitious with the food coloring (I decorate cakes, so I know how much it takes) and everyone had emerald green urine and feces who ate the cake. Quite the water cooler discussion the next day.

I'm pretty good about not panicking when things are an unusual color/texture and I just think back to what I consumed over the previous few days and can usually resolve it.

Reika

« Reply #5302 on: July 06, 2014, 11:38:10 AM »
Speaking of poo...

Not going to be getting pizza from Little Caesar's again anytime soon. Their pepperoni gave me diarrhea that looked just like said pepperoni and smelled like it'd been percolating in my guts for a month instead of overnight. In fact the lady in the stall next to me at work sympathetically said, "Seems like that pizza didn't agree with you, hon."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5303 on: July 06, 2014, 12:35:15 PM »
I have noticed a particular odor when I consume cured meats, so I limit my consumption greatly, although I love them.

Reika

« Reply #5304 on: July 06, 2014, 02:09:35 PM »
I normally don't have a problem with cured meats, but that pepperoni... whew!

Of course, it could have been because of all the stress I was under last week, but nothing else gave me issues.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5305 on: July 06, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »
Speaking of poo...

Not going to be getting pizza from Little Caesar's again anytime soon. Their pepperoni gave me diarrhea that looked just like said pepperoni and smelled like it'd been percolating in my guts for a month instead of overnight. In fact the lady in the stall next to me at work sympathetically said, "Seems like that pizza didn't agree with you, hon."
Considering that to me, pepperoni smells like poo anyway, I don't know how anybody could eat it.  I never ate pizza as a teen, because I thought all pizza tasted like that. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Reika

« Reply #5306 on: July 06, 2014, 02:23:58 PM »
Well, I'm not exactly a fan of pepperoni, but if it's mixed in with enough other stuff I can deal with it. :)

Usually.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #5307 on: July 06, 2014, 06:35:26 PM »
I'm not up to cooking right now, so last night I ordered pizza and made sure I had enough leftovers to tide me over today while the Good Ethnic Boy is at work - I love cold leftover pizza! I got a couple of my favourites and had two slices left of one and four of the other. Today, for breakfast, I grabbed the box with two slices of roast duck pizza.

As I was happily eating the first slice, I noticed an odd fishy whiff, but I wasn't sure whether it was my imagination (or possibly cat burps coming from under my chair)... until I bit right into the stray anchovy that had somehow ended up on the edge of my pizza.

I cannot stand anchovies, even when I'm in the best of health and expecting them. I threw up everything I had just eaten back into the pizza box. :-\
"Set aphasia to stun!"

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5308 on: July 06, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »
Oh, no! That's terrible.

Reika

« Reply #5309 on: July 06, 2014, 06:45:54 PM »
*gentle hugs to Mel*