Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 787400 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5310 on: July 09, 2014, 04:21:00 AM »
Speaking of colored poop, this story was relayed to me.

Our store manager is a junk food junkie, I don't think I've seen him eat anything remotely healthy, ever. Twinkies have all kinds of new flavored fillings, which of course he had to try them. The blue raspberry flavored filling turned his poop blue. He was really freaked out about it. When he was telling his story, one of the other managers asked if she could see it. She was half serious, because really, who wouldn't want to see blue poop.

I remember watching an episode of a medical show - something like Untold Stories of the ER - where they had a whole mess of frat boys come in from a party. They were all feeling pretty rotten and had blue pee. I don't know that they ever explained the feeling rotten bit (aside from alcohol consumption and maybe psychosomatic) but apparently the blue pee was due to an otherwise harmless substance that was added to the punch as a prank.

Freaked out quite a lot of people and even caused a minor media frenzy until they figured it out.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Elisabunny

« Reply #5311 on: July 09, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »
Speaking of colored poop, this story was relayed to me.

Our store manager is a junk food junkie, I don't think I've seen him eat anything remotely healthy, ever. Twinkies have all kinds of new flavored fillings, which of course he had to try them. The blue raspberry flavored filling turned his poop blue. He was really freaked out about it. When he was telling his story, one of the other managers asked if she could see it. She was half serious, because really, who wouldn't want to see blue poop.

I remember watching an episode of a medical show - something like Untold Stories of the ER - where they had a whole mess of frat boys come in from a party. They were all feeling pretty rotten and had blue pee. I don't know that they ever explained the feeling rotten bit (aside from alcohol consumption and maybe psychosomatic) but apparently the blue pee was due to an otherwise harmless substance that was added to the punch as a prank.

Freaked out quite a lot of people and even caused a minor media frenzy until they figured it out.

Probably methoxy brilliant blue.  Yes, I was a chemistry major.  No, I never actually pulled that prank.  Yes, absolutely I considered it. >:D
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5312 on: July 10, 2014, 10:15:30 AM »
I open the bedroom door this morning to find a lovely pile of cat yak right in front of the door.  I decide to have my shower first then clean it up.

Apparently one of my cats (Peggy) thinks she is a dog.  Because after my shower, when I go to clean up the pile, I find Peggy eating it.  Ewwwwww!  And then she was really mad at me when I cleaned up what was left.

When I hear one of them yakking, I wait a bit until it is room temperature to clean up.  Body temperature yak makes me gag.  And quite a few times, I haven't found a pile.  Now I know why...
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #5313 on: July 14, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »
This starts out very sad - last night, one of my chickens was killed and eviscerated. I did some Googling and the pattern matches a possum attack.

The gross-and-morbid-but-cool-in-a-bizarre-way part was that the soft-shelled partly-formed egg was visible.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5314 on: July 14, 2014, 11:49:24 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that. Possums and raccoons are very dangerous and deadly to small animals.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5315 on: July 14, 2014, 11:50:58 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that. Possums and raccoons are very dangerous and deadly to small animals.

We're replacing the plastic mesh cover of the pen with chain-link. Chew through that, you...you...marsupial!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5316 on: July 14, 2014, 12:17:36 PM »
We lost our pet rabbits that way.  :'(

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5317 on: July 14, 2014, 06:30:01 PM »
Sorry to hear it, which lady did you lose?
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

mmswm

« Reply #5318 on: July 14, 2014, 06:36:08 PM »
I can loan you Baxter.  He's rather fond of hunting and eating small critters, but doesn't seem interested in farm animals.  Though, I do have to warn you that "poop/puke encrusted gopher spine" has become my new standard of the grossest thing ever.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5319 on: July 14, 2014, 07:26:36 PM »

Silver, my Silver Dorking.

I don't have a good photo of her, but this is almost exactly what she looked like:

She was a beautiful hen, a good producer, and the tamest of the flock.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5320 on: July 14, 2014, 07:32:34 PM »

Silver, my Silver Dorking.

I don't have a good photo of her, but this is almost exactly what she looked like:

She was a beautiful hen, a good producer, and the tamest of the flock.
That's super sad. Hopefully the wire mess works out.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5321 on: July 14, 2014, 07:37:08 PM »
I can loan you Baxter.  He's rather fond of hunting and eating small critters, but doesn't seem interested in farm animals.  Though, I do have to warn you that "poop/puke encrusted gopher spine" has become my new standard of the grossest thing ever.

If The Sweetie weren't allergic, we would have a Great Pyrenees in a split-second.

alkira6

« Reply #5322 on: July 15, 2014, 03:24:28 PM »
A few days ago I roasted a massive amount of sweet corn on the cob.  My husband and I had a dinner consisting solely of corn with butter, because we are greedy.  We forgot that
1. Corn, though tasty, is indigestible and will spew from your butt like you are possessed by a poop demon.
2. Our lab/Sheppard is a corn thief and will steal corn cobs and eat them if you don't bag them and take them out to the large trash can outside immediately.

The whole family had a very productive evening.

mmswm

« Reply #5323 on: July 15, 2014, 03:41:04 PM »
I had some female issues and skipped a period last month.  My body is making up for it this month.  I had a clot big enough that when I looked, I had to double check that I didn't produce a giant turd without realizing it.  I was both amazed and grossed out thinking about it.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Frog24

« Reply #5324 on: July 15, 2014, 05:57:47 PM »

We're replacing the plastic mesh cover of the pen with chain-link. Chew through that, you...you...marsupial!

Can you get a goose?  My friend told me that's how she keeps her chickens safe.  When the chickens go into their coop at night, the goose is moved into their pen.  She hasn't lost a chicken to a raccoon raid since then.  The downside is that the goose bonds to only one person, and will attack anyone else.