Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 744690 times)

Frog24

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5325 on: July 15, 2014, 05:57:47 PM »

We're replacing the plastic mesh cover of the pen with chain-link. Chew through that, you...you...marsupial!

Can you get a goose?  My friend told me that's how she keeps her chickens safe.  When the chickens go into their coop at night, the goose is moved into their pen.  She hasn't lost a chicken to a raccoon raid since then.  The downside is that the goose bonds to only one person, and will attack anyone else.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #5326 on: July 16, 2014, 10:11:28 AM »

We're replacing the plastic mesh cover of the pen with chain-link. Chew through that, you...you...marsupial!

Can you get a goose?  My friend told me that's how she keeps her chickens safe.  When the chickens go into their coop at night, the goose is moved into their pen.  She hasn't lost a chicken to a raccoon raid since then.  The downside is that the goose bonds to only one person, and will attack anyone else.

We're in the city limits, so there are livestock/noise rules.  Hens are okay, no roosters, and I suspect geese are right out.

After the refortifications, we're calling the pen Fort Chook.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog, Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5327 on: July 21, 2014, 11:15:01 AM »
I am extremely myopic and wear glasses.  This is important to the story.

Yesterday, after my shower, I pulled up the non-slip mat to hang it to dry.  There was a little clump on the bottom of the tub, near the drain.  I figured it was hair.  I went to pick it up and it slipped out of my fingers.  'Hmmmm,' I think to myself.  'That didn't feel like hair.'  Do I go and get my glasses so I can actually see said clump?  Nope, I pick it up again and bring it close enough to my face so I can make out what it is.

It was an earwig.  *shudder*  I can take just about any other creepy crawly going but earwigs just do me in.

From now on, I'm putting my glasses on...
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

KimberlyM

« Reply #5328 on: July 21, 2014, 02:16:56 PM »
When I got to work this morning and set about making the first pot of coffee I found an earwig crawling around inside the coffee pot.  Because there was no way in heck I was gonna touch it I had to hold the entire machine over the sink trying to flush it out!

Hillia

« Reply #5329 on: July 21, 2014, 03:06:51 PM »

We're in the city limits, so there are livestock/noise rules.  Hens are okay, no roosters, and I suspect geese are right out.

After the refortifications, we're calling the pen Fort Chook.

Our coop is Guanchickamo Bay.  The chicks were in a big box in our dining room while we finished the coop.  I was out of town for the weekend when they got tired of the box (they were adolescents by then, and just about too big for it) and staged a daring escape.  DH managed to scoop them up and confine the rebels into the coop, which was weather tight by then but not completely finished.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5330 on: July 24, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »
Ok, not as gross as some, but still kind of. I recently swtiched from regular Allegra for my allergies to Allegra D. which is a capsule shaped pill, half tan, half white. The instructions say take on an empty stomach, and i discovered why.

I pooped out half an intact pill that apparently didn't digest all the way. Ewwww.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #5331 on: July 24, 2014, 07:02:00 PM »
Hahahahahhahahahhah! That made me laugh way too hard!

Hope you feel better soon!

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #5332 on: July 24, 2014, 08:04:37 PM »
This isn't really all that gross...It's more funny than gross.  But it does involve bodily functions.  Today we went on a long day trip, and I had to pee, so we stopped at a public restroom.  There was another woman in there, but I didn't really pay her any mind...until I was in the middle of doing my business, and out of nowhere I cut a loud fart.  :-[  Apparently she hasn't learned the concept of 'polite fictions', because she took a fit of laughing, and I ended up sitting there for a few minutes to make sure she was gone. 

Hey, if you can't fart in the bathroom, where can you do it?  ;D

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #5333 on: July 25, 2014, 05:08:43 PM »
Earlier in the week, at work, I found a Despicable Me fart gun on self checks someone left behind. Of course, I work with adult women with the mentality of 14 y/o boys so we had some incredible fun with it.

Our CSM took it down to a register by her podium, hid it from the cashier there and squeezed the trigger. This particular cashier is not know for her quiet subtleties and we hear her basically holler CRUD MONKEYS!, Tammy, and after that we were laughing to hard to hear the rest. CSM also took and squeezed the trigger into the intercom going into our accounting office.

Not gross, per say, but farts are funny.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5334 on: July 25, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »
I NEED one of those fart guns. Oh, had I known such a thing I existed, I would have given my BFF's brother one for his 50th. The whole family farts proudly and loudly.

Reika

« Reply #5335 on: July 25, 2014, 11:49:57 PM »
Speaking of which, I managed to gas mom out last night while we were getting a couple of sodas. I felt the ominous rumble in the gut, tried to move away before it came out, but unfortunately moving acted as a trigger. Thankfully it was silent. Unfortunately...it should've appeared as a poisonous green cloud. Which mom moved through to get to the counter.

The counter clerk had no idea what was going on and was a little concerned about how mom's face contorted before she started coughing.

missanpan

« Reply #5336 on: July 26, 2014, 01:52:37 AM »
Earlier in the week, at work, I found a Despicable Me fart gun on self checks someone left behind. Of course, I work with adult women with the mentality of 14 y/o boys so we had some incredible fun with it.

Our CSM took it down to a register by her podium, hid it from the cashier there and squeezed the trigger. This particular cashier is not know for her quiet subtleties and we hear her basically holler CRUD MONKEYS!, Tammy, and after that we were laughing to hard to hear the rest. CSM also took and squeezed the trigger into the intercom going into our accounting office.

Not gross, per say, but farts are funny.

My nephew has one of those! I, being the mature adult, encouraged him to go around and tell people to pull his finger.

greencat

« Reply #5337 on: July 26, 2014, 04:27:11 PM »
My beloved kitty is suffering another bout of irritable bowel syndrome.  She tends to...leak...on things.  It is absolutely putrid.  She got my laptop bag yesterday :(

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #5338 on: July 26, 2014, 04:48:54 PM »
How gross is it that I saw this thread had new posts and went and got a snack before starting to read it?

Bellantara

• Normal is a setting on the washing machine.
« Reply #5339 on: July 26, 2014, 07:32:46 PM »
I have a story! Not as gross as some, but. . . *twitches*

There's been a huge fly buzzing around my room all afternoon. I finally swatted the accursed thing, looked to see how messy my hand was, and. . . the fly guts were squirming. They weren't guts. They were baby maggots.  :o I scrubbed good, but still feel the urge to boil my hand!