Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 767410 times)

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5415 on: August 20, 2014, 07:57:13 PM »
Took the trash out.... there were a few maggots on top *turns green*

Oh ick.  :-X

I'm dealing with fruit flies in my sink drain. Admittedly, my fault for not emptying the strainer...

Oh eww.... uh... just curious but how do you get them out?

I've always had good luck with bleach down the drain. Vinegar and baking soda probably also works. And when I put the sodium hydroxide stuff down that I do every month, that'll help too.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #5416 on: August 20, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »
Took the trash out.... there were a few maggots on top *turns green*

Oh ick.  :-X

I'm dealing with fruit flies in my sink drain. Admittedly, my fault for not emptying the strainer...

Oh eww.... uh... just curious but how do you get them out?

I've always had good luck with bleach down the drain. Vinegar and baking soda probably also works. And when I put the sodium hydroxide stuff down that I do every month, that'll help too.

I had a major infestation recently due to a neighbor's compost pile.

I used bleach followed by a vat of boiling water, then another dowsing of bleach.  I did that everyday for a week. Also resorted to hanging fly paper.

It took about 10 days to clear out most of them. Though I have noticed a few flying around again.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

otterwoman

« Reply #5417 on: August 21, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »
For fruit flies, put out a glass/dish of apple cider vinegar with a drop or tow of dish soap added. They will be attracted to the vinegar, but the dish soap will break the surface tension. They will fall in and drown. It's awesome.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #5418 on: August 21, 2014, 07:02:17 PM »
For fruit flies, put out a glass/dish of apple cider vinegar with a drop or tow of dish soap added. They will be attracted to the vinegar, but the dish soap will break the surface tension. They will fall in and drown. It's awesome.

How morbid!

And we hardly have any fruit flies, so I can't do it.  :-(
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Reika

« Reply #5419 on: August 21, 2014, 08:11:24 PM »
A friend of mine was telling me about how his job had a potluck this past Friday (Aug 15). Among other things, someone has brought in 2 of the giant Subway subs. That were sitting out for hours without any type of refrigeration (not even sitting on beds of ice) in the break room. The disturbing part of that was that it appeared that the subs still looked "fresh". They were finally disposed of by someone over the weekend.  Probably by the person who took part of one after my friend saw them.

The subs were the least of the problems. Yesterday (Aug 20) he sent me this IM:

Remember the potluck from LAST friday? The one withe sandwiches of doom (which are gone now). Well I got this email today. -

"Will the owner of the crockpot left over from Fridayís pot-lunch lunch please take it home?!
Itís standing in the break room with food still in it and it is becoming furry. I donít want us to have to name it.

Thank you "

Wen to check and yup it's there and a nice shade of green.

We both had a moment of grossed out chuckling.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #5420 on: August 22, 2014, 12:58:31 PM »
Last night in my dreams, I could smell poop.  No matter what I did in the dream to escape the source, the smell followed me from dream sequence to dream sequence.  I finally woke up, and guess what?

The dog sleeps on my bed, and her butt was a mere two inches away from my face!  I was not amused...but it's kind of funny now.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #5421 on: August 22, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »
Last night in my dreams, I could smell poop.  No matter what I did in the dream to escape the source, the smell followed me from dream sequence to dream sequence.  I finally woke up, and guess what?

The dog sleeps on my bed, and her butt was a mere two inches away from my face!  I was not amused...but it's kind of funny now.

I'm so sorry...I'm in tears over here.  I would have been mad, too, but now it's just hilarious.  I'm sorry you woke up with a butt next to your face but I'm glad you shared it here.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #5422 on: August 22, 2014, 02:55:08 PM »

CRUD MONKEYS! that is hysterical. Seriously, it's the funniest thing I've read all day.  :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

mmswm

« Reply #5423 on: August 23, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »
Not nearly on the level of most of the stuff on this thread, but I couldn't figure out where else to put it.

My boyfriend has been living mostly by himself in a huge house for over a decade.  There are many rooms he never uses, and some I don't think he's even walked into in at least 5 years.  I'm here a lot these days, and my kids are starting to use some of those previously unused rooms.  I discussed things with him and we agreed that he wouldn't be offended if I cleaned the house top to bottom, and I wouldn't mind doing the work.  So I got started today.  Let me tell you about the dust and cobwebs.  I haven't said ewwwwwwww, so much since the last post-eviction rental house clean up I did (and that involved the floors being so sticky that it literally pulled my shoes off).  It's not that it's filthy.  It's not, and the rooms he spends his time in are neat as a pin, but those unused rooms are just super dusty from years of not being used.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

BarensMom

« Reply #5424 on: August 24, 2014, 09:21:42 AM »

CRUD MONKEYS! that is hysterical. Seriously, it's the funniest thing I've read all day.  :P

This reminded me:

Years ago, my DH would leave for work around 10:30p.m. or so.  One night, I woke up and the clock said 11p.m.  I felt DH's weight next to me in bed, so I thought "He must not have set the alarm" so I rolled over to wake him.  When I rolled over, my face hit something hairy, so I opened my eyes to see Baren's "undercarriage."  Baren had taken DH's place in bed and had decided to sleep with his hinny on DH's pillow.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #5425 on: August 24, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »
DF had some type of stomach bug Tues and Wed. He did something in the bathroom  that could have been used a chemical weapon. Usually, even a sickly #2 does not bother me. I walked in to the bathroom, got a little whiff of that, nearly gagged, and had to stand in the hallway, trying not to pee my pants while I waited for the toxic chemicals to dissipate.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #5426 on: August 25, 2014, 09:08:37 PM »
I'm very sensitive to weather and get weather related migraines or sinus headaches  everytime any kind of low pressure front comes through.

It's Florida's rainy season and I don't think I've had more than two or three days in a row without having a headache for at least part of the day for the past two months. Today was no exception. My face /sinuses under my eyes /cheekbone area have been killing me all freaking day.

I took a steamy hot shower,  letting the hot water pound on my face. Oh,  glory, it felt so good. Then I sneezed, expelling probably a three-foot string of snot.

Thank goodness I was still in the shower.  :P

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5427 on: August 25, 2014, 09:36:24 PM »
I had a doozy of a sinus headache yesterday, with nausea. Nothing worked and finally, I shut my eyes for a bit and tried very hard to relax. I was glad to go to bed.

I can't lie down when I have a headache or I will get very nauseated. I'm also in central Florida.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #5428 on: August 25, 2014, 09:45:03 PM »
I had a doozy of a sinus headache yesterday, with nausea. Nothing worked and finally, I shut my eyes for a bit and tried very hard to relax. I was glad to go to bed.

I can't lie down when I have a headache or I will get very nauseated. I'm also in central Florida.

Yeah, Saturday and yesterday were a complete Female Dog.  I thought I was going to puke, I was that nauseated by the migraine I has Saturday going into Sunday.

Most of those storms are hitting you first and then hitting me around 4-5 PM. It's been miserable.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5429 on: August 25, 2014, 09:48:55 PM »
About when mine hit yesterday. I almost wished it into a migraine so I could get a shot and go to sleep.  :-[