Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 742357 times)

Reika

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5430 on: August 25, 2014, 10:52:43 PM »
I live in NE Florida, the storms have been playing havoc on my poor knees and the humidity has been doing that with my allergies. Though nothing worthy of this thread. Yet.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5431 on: August 26, 2014, 09:45:42 AM »
I put on makeup this morning, which involves applying a moisturizer with sunscreen and a light tint, then a powder foundation, a matte powder, a little eye and cheek color, eyeliner and mascara.

I then look in the mirror to realize my forehead is peeling. I look like I'm turning into a reptile on my forehead.

Melle

« Reply #5432 on: August 26, 2014, 12:24:46 PM »
A word of advice if you're ever asked to take care of someone's cat in their home. If the cat is picky about its food (aren't they all?), the best way to take care of the leftovers is to flush them down the toilet.
If you can't or won't do that, at least don't do what my sister did at my home and leave them in the trash bin for four days. Especially in summer.

MAGGOTS.

'nuff said.

SDG31000

« Reply #5433 on: August 26, 2014, 05:22:37 PM »
I have some sort of fungal infection on my toes that has been coming and going for a few years.  Nothing shifts it, including all the anti-fungal meds Doctors have been able to give me (I don't want to think about the allergic reaction to one of them that caused a rash up to the top of my thighs)
It is back again and the itching is driving me mad.  So much so that I have scratched layers of skin off the tops of my toes and between them.  They are now covered in loose skin, scabs and leaking clear fluid.  Not a pretty sight at all  :(

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #5434 on: August 26, 2014, 05:43:06 PM »
I wish the boil on my butt would make up its mind to either heal or get big enough to lance.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog (M); Magpie (M); Zuul (F); Nazgul (F)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #5435 on: August 26, 2014, 06:16:29 PM »
I wish the boil on my butt would make up its mind to either heal or get big enough to lance.

Ah, yes, one of those....

Mine never quite came to a head, but after six days I tried lancing it anyway....

Blood but nothing else.  At least the swelling and pain went away and it healed.  But it was rather disappointing, in a gross way, because it was just gory and not gross.

++++

Checked last night (awkward location) and "it's back" - so more gore but the only gross part is how red, swollen, and painful it is.  I may have to put a hot compress on it to see if I can get it to come to a head so that it will drain and go away. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:40:46 AM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

barkingmad

« Reply #5436 on: August 26, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
I finally have one to share-I eat beans for breakfast-a great deal cheaper than cereal and provides a lot of fiber.   There was, however, something wrong with my last batch.  They started smelling off  early, which makes me think someone may have left them out of the fridge.  I stopped eating them and put the container in the sink for disposal.  When  my husband opened the container and rinsed it out, I could smell it strongly in the living room, two rooms away.  The best part is when he came downstairs a while later and pointed out that it smelled worse than what he went upstairs to do.

Melle

« Reply #5437 on: August 27, 2014, 01:10:49 AM »
I have some sort of fungal infection on my toes that has been coming and going for a few years.  Nothing shifts it, including all the anti-fungal meds Doctors have been able to give me (I don't want to think about the allergic reaction to one of them that caused a rash up to the top of my thighs)
It is back again and the itching is driving me mad.  So much so that I have scratched layers of skin off the tops of my toes and between them.  They are now covered in loose skin, scabs and leaking clear fluid.  Not a pretty sight at all  :(

Do you have Octenisept where you live? I love the stuff; it's basically a disinfectant but it numbs the itching and helps the skin to heal.

mmswm

« Reply #5438 on: August 27, 2014, 02:07:37 PM »
Still cleaning my boyfriend's house.  I got to a never used bathroom today.  Ummmm, maybe I should have left the door closed.  The mold and mildew from a decade ago was an eighth of an inch thick, at least.  I wound up going and retrieving gloves and a mask before I got started.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

sleepy59

« Reply #5439 on: August 27, 2014, 03:01:15 PM »

This is going to sound weird but have you tried Vicks?  I have been suffering from something similar for a few years but the doctors will only prescribe when it is really bad, I once ended up with blisters on the sole of my right foot and under all my toes because of it and it was so itchy but because of the blisters I couldn't scratch.  Someone suggested rubbing Vicks on the itchy spots and I was shocked that it worked.  Now as soon as it starts itching I apply Vicks twice a day for about a week, as a bonus the flair ups seem to happen less and less often.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #5440 on: August 27, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »

This is going to sound weird but have you tried Vicks?  I have been suffering from something similar for a few years but the doctors will only prescribe when it is really bad, I once ended up with blisters on the sole of my right foot and under all my toes because of it and it was so itchy but because of the blisters I couldn't scratch.  Someone suggested rubbing Vicks on the itchy spots and I was shocked that it worked.  Now as soon as it starts itching I apply Vicks twice a day for about a week, as a bonus the flair ups seem to happen less and less often.

Tea Tree Oil might work - I suggest you dilute it if you're putting it directly on your skin. It worked for me to get rid of toenail fungus several years ago.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5441 on: August 27, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »
I've also seen old fashioned carbolated (spelling?) (brown) Vaseline petroleum jelly suggested for foot problems...

I have never had to try any of them as my issues are more along the lines of dry cracking heels...although the petroleum jelly & clean white cotton socks at night might be what I have to start doing to get the skin to stop being so dry.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #5442 on: August 27, 2014, 09:27:52 PM »
I've also seen old fashioned carbolated (spelling?) (brown) Vaseline petroleum jelly suggested for foot problems...

I have never had to try any of them as my issues are more along the lines of dry cracking heels...although the petroleum jelly & clean white cotton socks at night might be what I have to start doing to get the skin to stop being so dry.

Do you wear sandals a lot?  That could be contributing to the dry skin.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #5443 on: August 27, 2014, 10:15:42 PM »
Had to remove a dead rat from the end of my driveway.  Didn't realize it was a rat until I got up close.  It didn't look like someone's pet, just like a normal everyday rat.  I picked it up with a bunch of newspapers and wrapped it in plastic.  It hadn't been run over; looked more like it keeled over from fright or something. 

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5444 on: August 28, 2014, 10:36:14 AM »

Do you wear sandals a lot?  That could be contributing to the dry skin.

In Houston, in the summer, I live in sandals.  Note to self - buy more plain white cotton socks to sleep in.