News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 19, 2017, 10:43:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1596413 times)

Chipmunky

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #7155 on: July 31, 2017, 09:34:14 AM »
The mouth zit never headed, and never had a bright enough color to really photograph properly for everyone here. Over the weekend, it magically reabsorbed itself and disappeared. Yay for no more painful, weird feelings in my mouth. Boo for no grossness to share.

Chipmunchkin's ENT appointment is today. She started a clear runny nose on Saturday morning, and it continued through the weekend. Yesterday when I got her up she had lovely, ginormous yellow loogies coming out of her nose and getting onto her wubanub (a binky with a soft animal toy attached to it. Hers is a giraffe due to her long long legs) so that got scrubbed. She also became Queen Drool again, so I'm guessing (read, praying) this is all more teeth, since she was rubbing that right ear again off and on.  If she does have another infection, the pENT can treat her today.  She has been having some massively stinky dirty diapers the past few days, so it could be a small bug. As long as it's not in her ears again, I don't mind cleaning up Snotfest 2017, 16th edition.

Mr. Chipmunky started feeling yucky yesterday. This morning he feels worse, and is horking up the green gunk. He's gone to urgent care, may be taking the rest of the day off. After Chipmunchkin's appointment, she and I are swinging by Panera bread for chicken soup for Mr. Chipmunky, mac n cheese for Chipmunchkin, easy peasy dinner.

Chipmunky

« Reply #7156 on: August 01, 2017, 07:05:45 AM »
Update- Chipmunchkin will be getting tubes in her ears, and they will be checking her adenoids to see if they need to come out too.

Mr. Chipmunky continues to hork up gookies. He's been diagnosed with a viral cold, and has had two rounds of chicken soup since yesterday morning. I woke up with a stuffy nose, and horking up lovely loogies, but not quite the color to indicate "crud monkeys, I'm getting sick again."

Not to be left out, Mopsy, the tabby princess of my "dear cat" posts on Coffee Break (her highness likes to fake injuries when she doesn't think she's getting enough attention) decided she needs to be in on the action, and gobbled down her breakfast before puking it back up on the carpet.

Not to be outdone, Squirt (the tuxedo kitty who has achieved her goal of becoming a furry penguin with a tail and paws) ate up most of it. Blargh

Chipmunky

« Reply #7157 on: August 02, 2017, 09:22:24 AM »
Not trying to serial post, I promise!!

Mr. Chipmunky offered to get Chipmunchkin down last night so I could have a break (I normally do the entire bath, diaper, jammies, bottle, snuggle, bed routine). Chipmunchkin was in a pretty good mood after her dinner of mac n cheese, black beans, and some ground beef (important later), so I was fine with it.

Chipmunchkin was still hungry, apparently, and after finishing her 8 oz night bottle, required more. I brought up another one. Not 15 minutes later I hear "Mama!" from Mr. Chipmunky through the monitor.

Seems she drank 3 more ounces of formula, was resting quietly, and Mr. Chipmunky went to shift her to a different position (from prone on her back to more snuggled against his chest facing him). He apparently did it too fast for her and her very full tummy.

She vomited all over him. Twice. 

She got him, the chair, the ottoman, the burp cloth, the pillow on the chair for back support, the nursing pillow we now use to support our arms when cradling her, the carpet, herself, two of her wubanub binkies (that have toys on the end of them- she nailed pepito the penguin and lilly the giraffe), the bookcase, and a few books. It was mostly formula, with some macaroni, beans, and a few bits of ground beef. Everywhere.

They both had expressions of being completely grossed out when I got up there. Mr. Chipmunky in fact nearly threw up. I got Chipmunchkin stripped and rewashed in the bathtub while Mr. Chipmunky took a quick shower, then he sat with her and played with her bath toys while I laid out fresh night time supplies for her, scrubbed up the mess from the floor (thank you resolve clean up and stain remover), cleaned the chair and ottoman (ikea leather poang chair and ottoman, Lysol-ed the bejeezus out of both), then got her diapered and jammified.

I ended up giving her the rest of the bottle that she hadn't drunk yet, Mr. Chipmunky made another for her, and she passed out on me about 7 oz and 20 minutes later. So much for my break.

Note: Chipmunchkin may be getting a headcold again (DH has one, I woke up with a stuffy head), but the tummy trouble seems to totally be Mr. Chipmunky moving her too fast. She's not had any other problems.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #7158 on: August 02, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »
I have been meaning to post this for a while but keep forgetting when I'm in front of the computer. :P You miiiiiight want to skip this one if surgeries and/or pain creeps you out.

The Good Ethnic Boy had a full hip replacement just over a month ago; when the surgeon saw the pre-op x-rays he said "Wow, I'm amazed you can still walk!" and afterwards he said the operation was 'challenging', but the results were good and he's certainly recovered brilliantly. We got the impression that the op was 'challenging' because the GEB's bones are thick and dense, but in a followup appointment a couple of weeks later we found out the real reason.

The GEB had no cartilage left in the joint, and has been stubbornly walking around with bone grinding on bone... and bits of bone wearing away and breaking off. The surgeon had to hunt down lots and lots of little bone fragments and pick them out of the joint space. :o :-X
"Set aphasia to stun!"

KimberlyM

« Reply #7159 on: August 02, 2017, 10:05:45 AM »
I have been meaning to post this for a while but keep forgetting when I'm in front of the computer. :P You miiiiiight want to skip this one if surgeries and/or pain creeps you out.

The Good Ethnic Boy had a full hip replacement just over a month ago; when the surgeon saw the pre-op x-rays he said "Wow, I'm amazed you can still walk!" and afterwards he said the operation was 'challenging', but the results were good and he's certainly recovered brilliantly. We got the impression that the op was 'challenging' because the GEB's bones are thick and dense, but in a followup appointment a couple of weeks later we found out the real reason.

The GEB had no cartilage left in the joint, and has been stubbornly walking around with bone grinding on bone... and bits of bone wearing away and breaking off. The surgeon had to hunt down lots and lots of little bone fragments and pick them out of the joint space. :o :-X

My husband had on at the end of February, he had grade 5 avascular necrosis, which they apparently never see because people generally can't walk well before it gets that bad, the top of his femur had completely disintegrated. 

Chipmunky

« Reply #7160 on: August 15, 2017, 08:13:48 AM »
The hits just keep on coming.

Chipmunchkin is scheduled for tubes on Friday, the 18th.

Sunday morning, she woke up crying after being fussy Saturday- I had chalked it up to her lack of/refusal to nap and just being tired. However, Sunday, it's clear she's sick.  Got her into the peds evening hours.....ear infections in both ears again, fever, and thrush in the mouth.

She's better now that she's on antibiotics, and the fever has broken, but her mouth smells awful from the thrush. We're treating with an oral antifungal, and as it dies, the smell is worse.

Fingers crossed that we can kill the thrush quickly- she goes in tomorrow to have it checked, and if she isn't cleared, we have to reschedule the surgery. Praying if that happens, we can get her re scheduled quickly.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #7161 on: August 15, 2017, 08:19:44 AM »
I have a summer cold. It's the first cold I've had in years, and I stayed home yesterday, because I was not safe for a work environment.

Dayquil makes me jittery, so that's out.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #7162 on: August 15, 2017, 03:27:01 PM »

I would be likely to ask if they saved those bits so I could see them.  ;D
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #7163 on: August 15, 2017, 06:13:53 PM »

Sibling! >:D

I'm booked to have my hip replacement in November, and I'm seriously considering asking the surgeon to save my bone bits...
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Ser Lucien Liliane

• He Who Makes Words Make Sense
    • My tumblr
« Reply #7164 on: August 15, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »

I'm booked to have my hip replacement in November, and I'm seriously considering asking the surgeon to save my bone bits...

My mum had a hip revision and got to keep the metal bits they had to replace. ;D
"This is the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put."

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #7165 on: August 17, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »
Apparently skin tags can leak in the process of drying out and falling off.  How do I know this? 

Because I have an epic huge one.  Seriously, about the size (all around and tall) of a pencil eraser.  In a ... ahem ... delicate place.  It took me a few days to realize that no, I hadn't suddenly started getting sweat on only one side of my unmentionables.   >:D

(...not the sweetest smelling thing, either.  Not sure of that's actually from the skin tag or if it's because, well...crotch...)

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #7166 on: August 18, 2017, 02:19:48 PM »
Scrolling through my Facebook feed last week, someone posted the video of a cyst being removed from AN EYEBALL. Just checked YouTube, there are several variations posted there. I had no idea.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #7167 on: August 18, 2017, 03:45:42 PM »
Scrolling through my Facebook feed last week, someone posted the video of a cyst being removed from AN EYEBALL. Just checked YouTube, there are several variations posted there. I had no idea.

When I asked my son what he wanted for dinner, he was watching that video.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Chipmunky

« Reply #7168 on: August 22, 2017, 07:59:21 AM »
Chipmunchkin made it through her procedure with flying colors! She was quite cranky afterwards- they did take out the adenoids, which were apparently enlarged and covered in mucus. They also suctioned out her sinuses. I didn't get to see it, but it was apparently a LOT of gooky.

She had this yellowish brown drainage coming from her ears for a few days (normal per post op instructions), and still has a runny nose, but is doing pretty well.

We are still continuing antibiotics for a few more days, and thrush treatment. Between the medicine and the dying thrush in her mouth, her breath smells like roadkill on a hot summer day.

I don't mind. It's a sign she's getting better.

I don't have a good photo of the mark, but Chipmunchkin was playing with "her" smart phone (a Samsung galaxy s5 that DH was supposed to sell and didn't, so it's perpetually on kids mode so she thinks she has her own phone), and accidentally cracked me right in the bone of my nose at the bridge by my eyes. DH had to take her from my arms immediately, as I might have dropped her it hurt so much.

It's puffy, red, and if I probe it gently, blood comes out of my pores. Yesterday, the whole nose was pinkish. She might have caused a small fracture in there, I'm not sure. Regardless, it made my teeth throb Sunday night, and I'm finally not constantly aware of it this morning.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #7169 on: August 23, 2017, 02:41:28 PM »

My mum had a hip revision and got to keep the metal bits they had to replace. ;D

When DH broke his leg in a spot where he already had a plate, we got to keep the old, bent plate when they replaced it.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture