News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 15, 2017, 06:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1726311 times)

Dr. F.

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #7245 on: November 14, 2017, 09:38:09 AM »
I was having lunch at a mid-range restaurant over the weekend when the woman in the next booth decided to suction out her infant's nostrils using one of those squeeze-bulb things. I swear, the sluuuurp noise nearly completely put me off my food. Yuck.

Chez Miriam

« Reply #7246 on: November 15, 2017, 08:13:30 AM »
I would have noxious gas when I had my period, thankfully menopause seems to have fixed that, however, garlic, and most dark green vegies will set off  the gas attacks.

DF was sitting in the bathroom one day, and one of the cats came, went into the litter box, came out, and glared at him, then left the bathroom.

I'm having the opposite... :-[  It may be related to when my period should have been, but because it's been so long, I don't know.  Thankfully, I'm fine with the garlic/veggies, but when I've had eggs, you'd think the Devil had been in the loo! >:D

I have an ex who could clear a room.  "Fine" (using the word in its loosest sense) when he worked in an open-plan office, but there was no avoiding the attribution of guilt when he was moved to his own office.  Apparently, he could see co-workers recoil when they opened his door.  I had every sympathy for them; I lived with that stink. ;)
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #7247 on: November 15, 2017, 12:20:44 PM »
Now see, for me, it's broccoli that causes the flatulence from the seventh level. ;D Raw broccoli only. Also gives me wicked heartburn. Cooked doesn't do that, cauliflower doesn't do that. Shame really - I do very much enjoy raw broccoli...

But while I think of it, I don't seem to have any, ahem, stinky issue with asparagus. Which is good, because I adore asparagus. ;D
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

JoW

« Reply #7248 on: November 15, 2017, 09:44:34 PM »
If you are afraid of snakes please skip this post. 
You have been warned.
from IFLScience, where even the site name is offensive - IFL stands for I F***ing Love

30% of snakes give birth to live young.  This attachment is a video of one such snake giving birth.
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/this-is-the-incredible-moment-a-snake-gives-birth-to-live-young/

I don't know if this site allows links to other sites.  If its not allowed please accept my apology and delete the link. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:47:10 PM by JoW »

Ser Lucien Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #7249 on: November 17, 2017, 05:48:06 PM »
This could also fall under the stupid questions thread, but as it's a bit gross I'm putting it here...

Lately I've begun getting these odd...things in my pores. On the surface they look like blackheads that just haven't had a chance to get all grimy yet, but I can't squeeze them out - I have to go in with something pointy (I have a double-ended blackhead extractor with interchangeable pointy ends) and scoop them out from underneath, and when they come out they're quite hard, whitish and resemble nothing so much as tiny rocks. They also have a bit of an unpleasant smell to them and leave my pores quite stretched out once I've got them out. What exactly are they?

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #7250 on: November 17, 2017, 06:36:06 PM »
Had my hip replacement surgery yesterday (yaaaay!). The painkillers Iím on are not so yay, Iíve thrown up four times.  :P
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #7251 on: November 17, 2017, 06:40:32 PM »
This could also fall under the stupid questions thread, but as it's a bit gross I'm putting it here...

Lately I've begun getting these odd...things in my pores. On the surface they look like blackheads that just haven't had a chance to get all grimy yet, but I can't squeeze them out - I have to go in with something pointy (I have a double-ended blackhead extractor with interchangeable pointy ends) and scoop them out from underneath, and when they come out they're quite hard, whitish and resemble nothing so much as tiny rocks. They also have a bit of an unpleasant smell to them and leave my pores quite stretched out once I've got them out. What exactly are they?

They sound like milia. I get them on my forehead and eyelids occasionally. It's usually from keratin buildup. People with autoimmune disorders are prone to get them, though anybody can. They are most common in newborns.

ETA: Dr. Pimple Popper video of milia removals   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At84GJ3HXI8
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:43:08 PM by Dazi »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Ser Lucien Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #7252 on: November 17, 2017, 06:46:59 PM »

They sound like milia. I get them on my forehead and eyelids occasionally. It's usually from keratin buildup. People with autoimmune disorders are prone to get them, though anybody can. They are most common in newborns.

ETA: Dr. Pimple Popper video of milia removals   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At84GJ3HXI8

Yep, that looks about like what I've got. Thanks Dazi, I suspected it was something simple like that but I didn't know where to start looking. :) I'll have to make sure to clean my nose a little better I think - it's been getting rather flaky!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #7253 on: November 17, 2017, 07:14:20 PM »

Yep, that looks about like what I've got. Thanks Dazi, I suspected it was something simple like that but I didn't know where to start looking. :) I'll have to make sure to clean my nose a little better I think - it's been getting rather flaky!

You're quite welcome! They aren't so bad when you get a few here and there on your face. However, they are NOT pleasant at all if you get them on *other* body areas.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Ser Lucien Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #7254 on: November 17, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »

You're quite welcome! They aren't so bad when you get a few here and there on your face. However, they are NOT pleasant at all if you get them on *other* body areas.

Having had things that are easily squeezable on other body areas, I cringe at the thought. ;D

pattycake

« Reply #7255 on: November 17, 2017, 11:13:04 PM »
Had my hip replacement surgery yesterday (yaaaay!). The painkillers Iím on are not so yay, Iíve thrown up four times.  :P

Oh ugh! That's the worst, especially when you're not so very mobile. Glad you are through the surgery, though!

Mel the Redcap

« Reply #7256 on: November 17, 2017, 11:25:34 PM »

Oh ugh! That's the worst, especially when you're not so very mobile. Glad you are through the surgery, though!

It suuuuuucked.  :P Much better now, theyíve taken me off the heavy duty painkillers and I seem to be doing ok without them. Iím being good and doing my exercises!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Reika

« Reply #7257 on: November 18, 2017, 07:44:27 PM »

It suuuuuucked.  :P Much better now, theyíve taken me off the heavy duty painkillers and I seem to be doing ok without them. Iím being good and doing my exercises!

Yes, my deepest sympathies about the side effects of the painkillers. Hope you have a speedy recovery. :)

Mel the Redcap

« Reply #7258 on: November 18, 2017, 07:49:28 PM »

Yes, my deepest sympathies about the side effects of the painkillers. Hope you have a speedy recovery. :)

I did a lap of the ward on a wheelie walker just now! ;D Also managed a shower this morning, got a picture of my leg all covered in pink stain before I washed half of it off.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Ser Lucien Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #7259 on: November 18, 2017, 07:58:31 PM »

I did a lap of the ward on a wheelie walker just now! ;D Also managed a shower this morning, got a picture of my leg all covered in pink stain before I washed half of it off.

Yay! :D Sounds like you're already doing much better than before the surgery!