News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 14, 2017, 07:12:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1725097 times)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #7260 on: November 21, 2017, 04:23:35 AM »
Had my hip replacement surgery yesterday (yaaaay!). The painkillers Iím on are not so yay, Iíve thrown up four times.  :P

Oh ugh! That's the worst, especially when you're not so very mobile. Glad you are through the surgery, though!

It suuuuuucked.  :P Much better now, theyíve taken me off the heavy duty painkillers and I seem to be doing ok without them. Iím being good and doing my exercises!

Yes, my deepest sympathies about the side effects of the painkillers. Hope you have a speedy recovery. :)

I did a lap of the ward on a wheelie walker just now! ;D Also managed a shower this morning, got a picture of my leg all covered in pink stain before I washed half of it off.

Yay! :D Sounds like you're already doing much better than before the surgery!

Oh heck yes. My surgeon told me that at three weeks post-surgery, all his patients have pain levels lower than before surgery; I reached that particular milestone on day 2.

And today is four days post-surgery, and they've sent me home. I'm walking awesomely on crutches, with the only hitch being when I have to go up or down stairs; I can actually walk just fine without the crutches, but they stop me from either going too fast or falling back into my old (bad) walking habits. (I no longer need to lurch like Quasimodo. ;D) The only painkiller I'm using is paracetamol; I have 'breakthrough' pain meds to take if something stupid happens, but they're the ones that make me throw up, so I'm not gonna if I don't hafta.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #7261 on: November 21, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
Oh heck yes. My surgeon told me that at three weeks post-surgery, all his patients have pain levels lower than before surgery; I reached that particular milestone on day 2.

And today is four days post-surgery, and they've sent me home. I'm walking awesomely on crutches, with the only hitch being when I have to go up or down stairs; I can actually walk just fine without the crutches, but they stop me from either going too fast or falling back into my old (bad) walking habits. (I no longer need to lurch like Quasimodo. ;D) The only painkiller I'm using is paracetamol; I have 'breakthrough' pain meds to take if something stupid happens, but they're the ones that make me throw up, so I'm not gonna if I don't hafta.

I know this feeling. ;D Every single surgery I've had (two ankles, one wrist, hysterectomy and a scattering of oral surgeries) I've also hit the "wait, wasn't this supposed to hurt more for longer?" milestone sooner than expected...

My mum still thinks I'm not right in the head for going grocery shopping the very day after I came home from the hysterectomy though. ;D
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

siamesecat2965

« Reply #7262 on: November 28, 2017, 12:47:24 PM »
For those of you with very 'fragrant output' and not sure why, I have noticed that over the last year or so, I've started developing a very stinky output in the days leading up to and during my time of the month.  Pretty sure that if I was locked on a small enclosed space at that time, I could knock myself out with the stink!

Not sure why, I don't change my diet over this period, I'm not on any medication, I'm not menopausal age yet (and there's no history of early menopause in the family), so just putting up with it atm!

I have the same problem, and consulted Dr. Google about it. I can't exactly remember and am at work right now, but it had something to do with an overabundance of hormones, etc? It's bad.

siamesecat2965

« Reply #7263 on: November 28, 2017, 12:50:47 PM »
This could also fall under the stupid questions thread, but as it's a bit gross I'm putting it here...

Lately I've begun getting these odd...things in my pores. On the surface they look like blackheads that just haven't had a chance to get all grimy yet, but I can't squeeze them out - I have to go in with something pointy (I have a double-ended blackhead extractor with interchangeable pointy ends) and scoop them out from underneath, and when they come out they're quite hard, whitish and resemble nothing so much as tiny rocks. They also have a bit of an unpleasant smell to them and leave my pores quite stretched out once I've got them out. What exactly are they?

They sound like milia. I get them on my forehead and eyelids occasionally. It's usually from keratin buildup. People with autoimmune disorders are prone to get them, though anybody can. They are most common in newborns.

ETA: Dr. Pimple Popper video of milia removals   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At84GJ3HXI8

Yep, that looks about like what I've got. Thanks Dazi, I suspected it was something simple like that but I didn't know where to start looking. :) I'll have to make sure to clean my nose a little better I think - it's been getting rather flaky!

I have tons of them, all over my face. They drive me crazy. Sometimes they are just far enough below the surface as to be annoying, but have no head, so i can't do anything with them. Once in a blue moon they'll come up enough so  a simple squeeze is all that's needed. I still remember one; it was driving me nuts, and i was in school. Went to the ladies room, gave it a gentle squeeze and a huge blob came out. 

I also have this compulsion that if i feel anything raised on my skin, pimple, scab etc. it must go.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #7264 on: November 28, 2017, 01:02:11 PM »
I have tons of them, all over my face. They drive me crazy. Sometimes they are just far enough below the surface as to be annoying, but have no head, so i can't do anything with them. Once in a blue moon they'll come up enough so  a simple squeeze is all that's needed. I still remember one; it was driving me nuts, and i was in school. Went to the ladies room, gave it a gentle squeeze and a huge blob came out. 

I also have this compulsion that if i feel anything raised on my skin, pimple, scab etc. it must go.

I have the same compulsion. Which is why my face currently looks as terrible as it does...

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #7265 on: November 28, 2017, 04:51:28 PM »
The scar from my hip replacement surgery is interestingly puckered because the internal stitches are really tight and havenít dissolved yet.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

AliciaLynette

• fanfiction.net: OrnateDragon
« Reply #7266 on: November 29, 2017, 02:03:02 AM »
For those of you with very 'fragrant output' and not sure why, I have noticed that over the last year or so, I've started developing a very stinky output in the days leading up to and during my time of the month.  Pretty sure that if I was locked on a small enclosed space at that time, I could knock myself out with the stink!

Not sure why, I don't change my diet over this period, I'm not on any medication, I'm not menopausal age yet (and there's no history of early menopause in the family), so just putting up with it atm!

I have the same problem, and consulted Dr. Google about it. I can't exactly remember and am at work right now, but it had something to do with an overabundance of hormones, etc? It's bad.

Sounds about what I figured! I didn't bother to look it up, and since it's just the smell (no discomfort beyond the norm for that time) I'm the only one really inconvenienced as I work alone.
Children are natural mimics; they act like their parents in spite of every effort to teach them good manners.
Author Unknown

Dawse

« Reply #7267 on: December 02, 2017, 04:19:16 PM »
The scar from my hip replacement surgery is interestingly puckered because the internal stitches are really tight and havenít dissolved yet.

Ooh, gnarly.

After I had my appendix out, they accidentally left a little loop of dissolvable stitch poking out of one side of the incision. I very much enjoyed fiddling with it till the bit on the inside dissolved enough for it to fall off.
'A troth, by the way, is a small furry creature with fins, the offspring of a trout and a sloth. I often wonder what they saw in each other, but then I suppose the sloth, being upside down, would tend to have a different slant on things.'

Ser Lucien Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #7268 on: December 02, 2017, 05:00:02 PM »
I've got terrific gas today.

It smells of broccoli. :-X

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #7269 on: December 02, 2017, 06:03:05 PM »
I put baked beans and broccoli on the same plate for dinner the other night. While I wasn't horribly gassy the few I did have made my eyes water.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #7270 on: December 02, 2017, 07:55:49 PM »
I don't know what I ate, but blargh the smells that have come out of me today.   :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Reika

« Reply #7271 on: December 02, 2017, 08:56:33 PM »
Last night mom had gut issues from her dinner, so she was on the toilet for a bit and it was a Major Stench. The kind of thing you'd expect from a swamp full of rotting vegetation and not the human body.

My cat Patches went to go check up on mom and stopped dead in the hall outside of the bathroom, she then went over to her litterbox to scrape at it. Mom wasn't amused, I however laughed my butt off.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #7272 on: December 03, 2017, 11:04:32 PM »
Some coworkers and I hung out last night for chili, beer, and football. I tried a beer from a local brewery, and it was delicious! My bedroom needs an exorcism at this point though.

parrot_girl

« Reply #7273 on: December 05, 2017, 06:57:11 PM »
My kids got a stern talking to this morning, because one of them piddled all over the toilet seat and didn't clean it up. How do I know? I stumbled in, eyes half closed, utterly bleary, and sat down to use the facilities... only to realise that I was sitting in cold wet stinky urine. LOVELY, I DON'T THINK.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #7274 on: December 05, 2017, 07:52:22 PM »
My kids got a stern talking to this morning, because one of them piddled all over the toilet seat and didn't clean it up. How do I know? I stumbled in, eyes half closed, utterly bleary, and sat down to use the facilities... only to realise that I was sitting in cold wet stinky urine. LOVELY, I DON'T THINK.

In this vein, I yelled at my husband for leaving up the toilet seat because I FELL in the toilet. He insisted that he didn't and I must have lifted and fell in on my own...until he did it to himself.  :P :P :P Glorious vindication.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah