Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 697441 times)

Punky B.

• I prefer not to.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #2295 on: March 23, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »
This happened yesterday!

I was sitting at a red light, and was looking around.  In my rearview I saw a woman look at her chin in her sunvisor mirror, and say something to the woman next to her.  The passanger leaned over and started squeezing a... zit, I'll assume, on the driver's face.  Apparently they were successful, a couple of seconds later: SPLUT!  A gob of liquid hit the windshield.  I'm thinking it was a rather large zit.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2296 on: March 23, 2012, 09:39:17 PM »
Pictures as promised.
Before the cleaning

After it had been dug out

Awesome!  Yeah, I'm one of "those people" too.  I totally would have gotten that for you.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

greencat

« Reply #2297 on: March 23, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
A 1/4 splinter managed to sneak into the callus on the bottom of my big toe over the weekend (unfinished wooden stairs are to blame, I think.)  I say "sneak" because I didn't feel it at all and didn't notice it until infection set in.  I wasn't entirely sure what it was at that point, although obviously some sort of foreign body was stuck in the pad of my toe :(  I couldn't get it out - apparently the entry hole had closed over.  I scrubbed with a pumice and tried to tweeze and it was all ineffective.  I ended up taking an X-acto knife to it, which resulted in a massive gush of blood and a little pus...and one stupid splinter.

BarensMom

« Reply #2298 on: March 24, 2012, 01:11:30 AM »
This happened yesterday!

I was sitting at a red light, and was looking around.  In my rearview I saw a woman look at her chin in her sunvisor mirror, and say something to the woman next to her.  The passanger leaned over and started squeezing a... zit, I'll assume, on the driver's face.  Apparently they were successful, a couple of seconds later: SPLUT!  A gob of liquid hit the windshield.  I'm thinking it was a rather large zit.

If you could see it from where you were, it was a VERY LARGE zit.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2299 on: March 24, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »
My first day at my current job, I spent my first afternoon pulling tight plastic netting over parts to protect them before they were shipped out.  I didn't think to wear gloves so the rough netting eventually made huge blisters on the outsides of both my index fingers.  The next day, I slit both blisters open with a box cutter to drain out the fluid.  It felt way better, but the exposed skin underneath ended up scabbing and roughening so it looked like my fingers had flesh-eating disease.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

BarensMom

« Reply #2300 on: March 24, 2012, 11:46:17 PM »
My mother had what I can only call "skin balls" in her scalp.  One day she asked me to take a look at one of them.  It looked like the roller ball on a deodorant stick.  So, out of curiosity, I took a needle and inserted it into the ball and flicked it out of her scalp, then cut it in half to reveal a dry, powdery substance inside. 

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #2301 on: March 25, 2012, 12:09:52 AM »
My mother had what I can only call "skin balls" in her scalp.  One day she asked me to take a look at one of them.  It looked like the roller ball on a deodorant stick.  So, out of curiosity, I took a needle and inserted it into the ball and flicked it out of her scalp, then cut it in half to reveal a dry, powdery substance inside.

That is so weird!  I wonder if it was dandruff build-up that hardened on the outside?
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2302 on: March 25, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »

That is so weird!  I wonder if it was dandruff build-up that hardened on the outside?

Sounds more like plaque psoriasis on her scalp....maybe eczema.  My bother gets them sometimes....they are weird.  If he doesn't have the stuff from the dermatologist, he said T-gel works almost as well at getting ridding of them...I prefer MG217 over T-gel myself (it smells worse, but works better IMO).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Micah

« Reply #2303 on: March 26, 2012, 04:11:36 AM »
I recently went on a car trip to the nearest city with a friend and our two sons. Friend's son is only two and had been sick, so he was on antibiotics. The medication has be having some....interesting effects on his digestion.

The first one happened at a set of traffic lights. There was a lull in conversation, then Prrrrrttt, from the back seat. Friend and I look at each other and have a bit of a giggle. A few seconds later the stench reached the front seat. Oh my, words cannot describe how bad it was. Friend and I frantically wind our windows down and hang out the windows like dogs. After a bit I spared a thought for my son, who was stuck in the back seat, right next to friend's son! I glanced back and the poor little fellow is leaning right up against the door, both hands clamped over his nose and mouth, eyes all but watering. When the smell dissipated a little, I convinced him to let go of his nose and friend and I spent a few minutes laughing hysterically. And then he does it again! Worse this time! Friend and I are travelling up the highway, heads out the window, coughing and gagging. This time, when I told my son that he could take his hands off his nose, he shook his head very firmly and said, "no, he's going to do it again!"

Of course he did do it again, but this time, while friend and I are trying not to throw up, we hear my son say "Oh, yum! This makes my nose smell soooo good!" Friend I and I both gag. I look around and my son is holding a bottle of chocolate milk up to his nose, sniffing loudly. When he saw me looking he said, very cheerfully, "This just stops the stink awesome, Mum!" And gave me thumbs up. That was it. Friend had to pull the car over and we spent at least five minutes in absolute, stomach hurting, eyes tearing up hysterics. For the rest of the day we only had to look at each other sideways and we'd be off again.
Mulder: "So...Lunch?"
Scully: "Mulder, toads just fell from the sky!"
Mulder: "Maybe their parachutes didn't open."

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2304 on: March 26, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »
I recently went on a car trip to the nearest city with a friend and our two sons. Friend's son is only two and had been sick, so he was on antibiotics. The medication has be having some....interesting effects on his digestion.

The first one happened at a set of traffic lights. There was a lull in conversation, then Prrrrrttt, from the back seat. Friend and I look at each other and have a bit of a giggle. A few seconds later the stench reached the front seat. Oh my, words cannot describe how bad it was. Friend and I frantically wind our windows down and hang out the windows like dogs. After a bit I spared a thought for my son, who was stuck in the back seat, right next to friend's son! I glanced back and the poor little fellow is leaning right up against the door, both hands clamped over his nose and mouth, eyes all but watering. When the smell dissipated a little, I convinced him to let go of his nose and friend and I spent a few minutes laughing hysterically. And then he does it again! Worse this time! Friend and I are travelling up the highway, heads out the window, coughing and gagging. This time, when I told my son that he could take his hands off his nose, he shook his head very firmly and said, "no, he's going to do it again!"

Of course he did do it again, but this time, while friend and I are trying not to throw up, we hear my son say "Oh, yum! This makes my nose smell soooo good!" Friend I and I both gag. I look around and my son is holding a bottle of chocolate milk up to his nose, sniffing loudly. When he saw me looking he said, very cheerfully, "This just stops the stink awesome, Mum!" And gave me thumbs up. That was it. Friend had to pull the car over and we spent at least five minutes in absolute, stomach hurting, eyes tearing up hysterics. For the rest of the day we only had to look at each other sideways and we'd be off again.

;D ;D ;D
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #2305 on: March 26, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »

;D ;D ;D

And the fact that your son had chocolate milk makes it even better, IMO. (think about it... >:D)
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #2306 on: March 26, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »
This really is stomach churning entertainment...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f47_1332725573

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2307 on: March 26, 2012, 10:49:54 PM »
This really is stomach churning entertainment...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f47_1332725573

What makes it worse is that some of the things look like mini breast implants to me...so now I'm thinking of pus and *giggles like a little boy*.

ETA: spelling.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:10:05 PM by Dark Magdalena »

diesel_darlin

« Reply #2308 on: March 26, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »
What were those umm....... Round globs?  :o

Reika

« Reply #2309 on: March 26, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »
What were those umm....... Round globs?  :o

I think those were cysts. I could only watch about 5 seconds, when I saw the green stuff come out of the liver...that was it for me.