Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 601511 times)

CrochetFanatic

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3165 on: September 29, 2012, 03:46:43 AM »
That's true!  ;D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3166 on: September 29, 2012, 09:34:46 PM »
So...I'm sick as a dog, not sleeping well because of my cold, and I wake up to a stink bug trying to crawl up my nose.  I am not happy.  >:(

Ewwww. You would have been peeling me off the ceiling if that happened to me!

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3167 on: September 30, 2012, 10:30:26 PM »
This morning when I woke up, my ear was itching. So I naturally scratched it just inside the ear, when a huge ball of wax came out stuck to the tip of my pinky. It was bigger than a pea, and was super sticky and a really dark orange. I have never once had an issue with ear wax before. In fact, I usually hardly have any to speak of. So this great big ball that dropped out was quite a nasty little surprise to me. You'd also think that if that thing was in there for a while, I would have noticed something wasn't right with my ear, but I hadn't noticed any problems. It's like it formed overnight or something. Naturally I have been checking my ears periodically, but nothing else has emerged.

greencat

« Reply #3168 on: October 01, 2012, 01:29:47 AM »
This morning when I woke up, my ear was itching. So I naturally scratched it just inside the ear, when a huge ball of wax came out stuck to the tip of my pinky. It was bigger than a pea, and was super sticky and a really dark orange. I have never once had an issue with ear wax before. In fact, I usually hardly have any to speak of. So this great big ball that dropped out was quite a nasty little surprise to me. You'd also think that if that thing was in there for a while, I would have noticed something wasn't right with my ear, but I hadn't noticed any problems. It's like it formed overnight or something. Naturally I have been checking my ears periodically, but nothing else has emerged.

Sometimes one of my hairs enters my ear canal and tickles it and makes it make a lot of wax.  Maybe that's what happened but the hair came out before you woke up.

Snooks

« Reply #3169 on: October 01, 2012, 11:11:23 AM »

That sounds brilliant and has reminded me to get DH to check that open pore in my ear again.  It's weird even though there's nothing in there since he cleared it a few months ago it just doesn't seem to be closing up.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3170 on: October 01, 2012, 12:14:15 PM »
Our family just came back from a two week vacation to a much drier climate.

Upon our return, DH took a very long shower, and had his eyes closed when he suddenly felt something large leave his nose and land on his chest. He looks down and it is a huge blood clot, that had just become dislodged by the steam.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3171 on: October 01, 2012, 12:45:34 PM »

Upon our return, DH took a very long shower, and had his eyes closed when he suddenly felt something large leave his nose and land on his chest. He looks down and it is a huge blood clot, that had just become dislodged by the steam.

I've had that happen before!  Complete with copious amounts of blood running down the drain until I could get it stopped.  The shower is the best place to have a nose bleed, IMO.  Easy clean up!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3172 on: October 01, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »

I've had that happen before!  Complete with copious amounts of blood running down the drain until I could get it stopped.  The shower is the best place to have a nose bleed, IMO.  Easy clean up!

We think this clot had been lurking in the sinus cavity for more than a week at the time.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #3173 on: October 01, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
ladyknight, I think you won....that is def. gross

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3174 on: October 01, 2012, 05:42:08 PM »
Several years ago, my mom, sister, and I were in the registration room at the local hospital. Suddenly I had to sneeze. My mom handed me a folded up piece of paper to sneeze in. (bad idea I know but desperate times call for desperate measures). I sneezed in it, and mom put it back in her purse.  A few weeks later, mom was cleaning out her purse, and found the folded up piece of paper. She opened it, not remembering what it was, and there was a humongous blood clot that I had sneezed out.  :o

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3175 on: October 02, 2012, 04:18:39 PM »
A souvenir for mom! ^

Oh, and DH got a souvenir from his trip!  8)

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #3176 on: October 03, 2012, 05:51:28 PM »
The other night, I was reading stories to the girls.  DD7 was up on her bunk when she suddenly started yelling, "Mom! My nose!"

I looked up and was gifted with a big splotch of blood right in my eye and I discovered a few more on my brand new white T-shirt. (Why do I even buy those?   ::)

We figure between the drier fall air and perhaps some enthusiastic excavating, she scratched a blood vessel.  It bled a LOT but we were able to get it stopped in 20 minutes.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #3177 on: October 03, 2012, 09:13:06 PM »
The other night, I was reading stories to the girls.  DD7 was up on her bunk when she suddenly started yelling, "Mom! My nose!"

I looked up and was gifted with a big splotch of blood right in my eye and I discovered a few more on my brand new white T-shirt. (Why do I even buy those?   ::)

We figure between the drier fall air and perhaps some enthusiastic excavating, she scratched a blood vessel.  It bled a LOT but we were able to get it stopped in 20 minutes.

I am a major nose bleeder and this has always been a problem.  Heck, even in the humid Florida summer, I often sleep with a vaporizer on.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Snooks

« Reply #3178 on: October 04, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »
I'm generally ok with this thread but for some reason the nosebleed stories are turning my stomach, how ridiculous that a story about a bloated body or squirrel juice doesn't affect me but a nosebleed does!

Shea

« Reply #3179 on: October 04, 2012, 10:46:54 AM »
Okay, here's a non-nosebleed story then. Last week BF was walking around my apartment barefoot (he almost always wears socks indoors, even in summer) and I noticed something odd on the top of his foot. I made him sit down so I could look at it, and found myself face-to-face with a huge (not quite as large as a dime) nasty-looking pussy blister, surrounded by inflamed pink skin. In true guy fashion, he'd noticed vaguely that there his foot kinda hurt, but hadn't bothered to actually take a good look at it ::). It looked exactly like spider bites I've had, only bigger.

I made him go to the bathroom and wash it (which caused the pus blister to burst, which was a new kind of gross in and of itself), then put some antibiotic ointment on it and cover it up with a bandage. Within a few days it was nearly healed.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.