Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 787120 times)

emwithme

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3210 on: October 11, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »
Today's issue of kitty-barf at my house either included a large identifiable segment of a fairly small rodent, or I need to get some really strong hairball remedy.  Possibly both.

That reminds me of something that happened before I was a Mad Cat Lady.  I liked cats, but I wasn't a Cat Person. 

I was at my BFF's brother's house, we were calling in to make sure his cats were OK as he and his wife were away for the weekend.  We did this quite regularly, we'd make sure they had enough dry food down, give them some wet food as a treat, and sit and play with them for a while.  We're in the UK, so these were indoor/outdoor cats and had free access through the cat flap. 

I put my jacket on the (wide) windowsill when we arrived and it was promptly sat on by a cat.  That wasn't a problem.  Then the cat started making Very Odd Noises.  And promptly deposited a decomposing mouse onto the middle of my cream jacket. 

The jacket went into the bin.  I just couldn't even imagine it being clean enough after a boil wash.

Now I'm a mad cat lady, I'd probably just pick up the mouse, brush off the rest of the detritus and put the jacket on.

NyaChan

« Reply #3211 on: October 11, 2012, 02:55:41 PM »
I just went to make a cup of tea.  As I went to fill up the teapot, I happened to glance down into the pot.  Yuck.  There was a whole bunch of brownish gunk in the pot, I have no idea what it is, but I do know that I've drinking 2-3 cups of tea out of that same pot for quite a while.  Don't think I'll be using that pot anymore  :-\

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3212 on: October 11, 2012, 03:02:04 PM »
Depending on your water source, it could just be calcium and other minerals which deposit when water containing relatively high quantities of minerals is boiled.  And the brown colour could just be staining from the tea.  Or from iron, if it is high in the water.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

greencat

« Reply #3213 on: October 11, 2012, 04:03:30 PM »
Today's issue of cat grossness:

The mighty hunter kitties have left me a large rat as a present.  Right in the middle of the kitchen floor.  One of the kitties is trying to eat parts of what I think is a smaller rat, given that there wasn't enough obvious damage to the big one to account for pieces that size.  I can't get her to give them up either - so I guess I'm going to have to wait until she's done with them, which probably means a future rat-part-barf cleanup.

My big mighty tomcat was scared of the big rat body.  My dog looked disgusted by the cat eating rat bits. 

I wonder why the rats have all of a sudden apparently become the world's stupidest rodents?  I've always had them in the roof (despite having the entire attic professionally cleared out, the roof is shared between the other townhouse units in my building, and they came right back) but only young and stupid ones came inside - and didn't live long enough to pass on that stupidity.

random numbers

« Reply #3214 on: October 11, 2012, 09:21:49 PM »
Trapped in a bedroom, I'd suspect they licked or mouthed at something that you'd accidentally sprayed with perfume or body spray or hairspray or something like that, or they ate something that was hiding under the bed.

Their stomachs could have also been upset by being upset over not being able to get out of the room.

She (female dog) had diarrhea the day before, too, otherwise I would agree with the anxiety.

Speaking of Banshee and her diarrhea on the gross out thread, I just had to clean out her pants* with my bare hands; it wouldn't come out any other way and she had poop all in her pants...I may now start to refer to her as poopy pants.

*We call the long fur on the backsides and back legs of dogs their "pants".

This is the exact reason I get my cat shaved. Not fun coming home to a poop covered cat butt that has been leaving a trail all over the place. Neither one of us was happy with the clean up; first time he ever drew blood.

greencat

« Reply #3215 on: October 11, 2012, 10:13:53 PM »
When my cat had particularly bad IBS, I used to periodically give her back end a bath - I'd just throw her in the tub, scruff her tightly, and turn the faucet on.  She was pretty weakened by her chronic intestinal distress though - I don't think I could do it now that she's recovered and back up to her proper weight again, not without having to pay a visit to the ER to get my skin reattached anyway.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3216 on: October 11, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »
I would probably shave my dogs if they a) didn't love cold weather so much and thus love to sleep outside in it regardless of how hard it was snowing and b) if there wasn't so much fur to deal with afterwards!

If you haven't seen the posts or the pictures I've posted, I have 2 Akitas; one his medium furred and the other is a Woolie (a long haired Akita).

Here's an idea:

The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #3217 on: October 11, 2012, 11:38:45 PM »
One of Luna's many nicknames is "Captain Dingleberry."
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3218 on: October 11, 2012, 11:50:50 PM »
One of Luna's many nicknames is "Captain Dingleberry."

Haha!!!!  One of my favorite movies is Ace Ventura, so the Poopy Pants moniker will only  make me giggle more.  However, Captain Dingleberry is so very fitting that it may not escape being put forth as a longstanding nickname.  She is already called Tubby (for sleeping in the bathtub) and Baby Girl (said with a thick, Eastend British accent...so that girl sounds more like "gee-yil" said with a hard g and very quickly).
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3219 on: October 12, 2012, 09:27:25 AM »
I had the best laugh I've had in a long time at work yesterday, from a customer, no less.

Customer puts a 2pack of enemas on the counter. I said, wow, someone is not having a good day. She starts laughing, and says, not for me, my daughter.

We talk back and forth, and I go and hand her the receipt, and she says, I don't need that, I don't think I'll bring those back.

I then pantomime holding a bag on the tip of my finger, arm all the way from my body, and say, Um, excuse me, this didn't work.

Both of us just roared.

Yesterday was a weird day...

I also had a college student studying to be a funeral director, and this one...

Older gentleman maybe 60's paid with all ones. I deadpan "Pole dancing's going well for you?"

He laughs and says, "No, I don't go to bars."

"Ohhhhhh private parties then."

He just shook his head and said, "Well I walked right into that one."

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #3220 on: October 12, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »
I was once behind someone in line who had at least 10 enemas in with the rest of their groceries.

alkira6

« Reply #3221 on: October 13, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »
I was once behind someone in line who had at least 10 enemas in with the rest of their groceries.

Was gonna make a joke, but then realized that I am too gross for company. Carry on!  >:D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3222 on: October 13, 2012, 02:02:27 PM »

Was gonna make a joke, but then realized that I am too gross for company. Carry on!  >:D

It was probably a crap joke anyway.  :D

alkira6

« Reply #3223 on: October 13, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »

It was probably a crap joke anyway.  :D

Hey! Don't you poo - poo my mad joke skills!

drzim

« Reply #3224 on: October 13, 2012, 03:39:13 PM »