Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 604138 times)

otterwoman

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3300 on: November 20, 2012, 06:12:11 PM »

Is anybody here familiar with cleaning up crime scenes?
I'm thinking about getting into that line of work and don't know how to go about it.
I'm going to see my job adviser tomorrow but any advice here would be appreciated.

Sunshine Cleaning , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Cleaning

otterwoman

« Reply #3301 on: November 20, 2012, 06:12:35 PM »

I'm thinking about getting into that line of work and don't know how to go about it.
I'm going to see my job adviser tomorrow but any advice here would be appreciated.

Sunshine Cleaning, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Cleaning

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #3302 on: November 21, 2012, 08:40:55 AM »

Vorbau is the lady you should talk to, she has some pretty entertaining stories on here about crime scenes, lol!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3303 on: November 21, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »

Vorbau is the lady you should talk to, she has some pretty entertaining stories on here about crime scenes, lol!

I second talking to Vorbau when she gets back!

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #3304 on: November 21, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »
I think she is back. I saw her pop up in another thread I think. Maybe send a PM

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #3305 on: November 21, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »

Thanks everybody.
Stewart/Colbert '16

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #3306 on: November 21, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »
Was going to post this in Stupid Questions thread but felt it better here with the possible TMI.

Anyone have scars, usually surgically cut scars, that seem to have blackheads and whiteheads pop up all along the now healed area? Or am I just strange? With several scars from surgeries as an infant, I had the pimples in these areas. Now cleared, I have a much newer scar, healed but growing a ring of pimples now. I just don't get it.

greencat

« Reply #3307 on: November 21, 2012, 07:01:50 PM »
Was going to post this in Stupid Questions thread but felt it better here with the possible TMI.

Anyone have scars, usually surgically cut scars, that seem to have blackheads and whiteheads pop up all along the now healed area? Or am I just strange? With several scars from surgeries as an infant, I had the pimples in these areas. Now cleared, I have a much newer scar, healed but growing a ring of pimples now. I just don't get it.

Not a doctor, but with my graduate level biology course understanding of the structure of skin, I wonder if there was some damage to the glands in the area of your surgery, perhaps keeping them from properly draining.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3308 on: November 21, 2012, 07:10:23 PM »

I have a laparoscopy scar.  There is one hair that keeps growing in instead of out so I get an ingrown hair along the scar line.  It's been 15+ years since the surgery and I only pull the hair out (squeezing the sebaceous stuff out) once a year to so.  Used to be every month. :P
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3309 on: November 21, 2012, 10:51:49 PM »

I have a gall bladder scar, that gets some good sized black heads along the sides
 Of it.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #3310 on: November 21, 2012, 11:07:25 PM »

Yep. I have a raggedy one on my chin that always seems to have a couple of blackheads in and around the scar line.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3311 on: November 21, 2012, 11:55:00 PM »

I was injured in 2006 and nearly died from the aftereffects of the injury (I became septic from the infection due to bleeding inside my chest cavity). I had to have surgery to remove a large amount of infected tissue that had pooled around and below my sternum. I have a smaller 1" triangle shaped scar directly above my sternum and a 2" on my left breast. The one on my breast does get black heads quite often.

Nora

« Reply #3312 on: November 22, 2012, 03:57:49 PM »
Sometimes I have too many tabs open, and forget that one of these lovely innocent ehell tabs contains the power to put me off my dinner...
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #3313 on: November 22, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »
I got home from work last night only to be greeted by....

THE GREAT MAGGOT EXPOLSION.... Dum DUm DUMMMM

The DH called yesterday to tell me he found a maggot on the floor of the kitchen this morning. Being the big sooky-la-la he is when it comes to anything gross, he sprayed it with bug spray and left for work.

I headed home thinking that there must have been a little spill of milk or something under the fridge. it is very hot and humid here atm, so bugs and flys are the norm.

When I got home, there were a few more maggots on the floor, wiggling around. I opened the bin in preparation to put them in there and it was like a Maggot bomb went off!

Being the big tough chicky-babe that I am, I proceeded to do the ewwwwww-ick-ick-icky-icky-ick!! dance in the lounge.

I was very brave and puled the bin liner out and took it, maggots and all out the the big bin outside. I then took the actual bin out and threw it on the lawn to deal with later.

By the time I got back inside the maggots were making a run for it. I had them all over the kitchen and laundry floor, and about half way up the kitchen wall.

I decided that there was no-one else to take care of the problems so I girded my loins and armed with a broom, swept all the little buggers out the door into the yard. I then cleaned the walls and floors twice with bleach and boiling water, as well as dumping boiling water and bleach on the ones on the ground outside to kill them all.

Still, everytime I went into the kitchen last night I found yet another one!! I bleached again this morning, so hopefully that will be the end of the war.

Exculuding the battle with DH which shall be called "The War of Punishment For Putting Icky Things In The Bin Instead Of Taking Them Outside As Told'

magicdomino

« Reply #3314 on: November 22, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
Dang, Avi, what the heck was in there and how old was it?   :P