Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 766734 times)

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3345 on: December 03, 2012, 11:06:25 PM »
Not as gross, but I have a late afternoon piano student that comes in smelling of dog and pre-pubescent boy, and not the good doggie kind of smell.
I have a perfume roller that I rub under my nose before he comes in. 
And, when only two people are in the room, it is pretty obvious when a student "lets one loose."
I do not mention it, but I will apply scented lotion if the smell lingers...
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

greencat

« Reply #3346 on: December 03, 2012, 11:27:17 PM »
One of my brother's friends always smelled particularly disgusting as a teenager...I couldn't quite place what he smelled like at the time, because it wasn't just normal body odor, and he seemed to shower as regularly and use as much deodorant as my brother and his other friends did, and they didn't smell like that, and he didn't seem to sweat that much more to cause the extra odor.  Even the excessive application of Axe didn't cover it - as Axe usually does, it actually made it worse.  Unfortunately for my brain, a discussion with a mutual friend as an adult made everything so much clearer - he was ah, not cleaning himself off after he had "alone time." 

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #3347 on: December 04, 2012, 03:53:30 AM »
One of my brother's friends always smelled particularly disgusting as a teenager...I couldn't quite place what he smelled like at the time, because it wasn't just normal body odor, and he seemed to shower as regularly and use as much deodorant as my brother and his other friends did, and they didn't smell like that, and he didn't seem to sweat that much more to cause the extra odor.  Even the excessive application of Axe didn't cover it - as Axe usually does, it actually made it worse.  Unfortunately for my brain, a discussion with a mutual friend as an adult made everything so much clearer - he was ah, not cleaning himself off after he had "alone time."

That has a smell?!?!  :o
My DS is only 8, I'll find that out in a couple of years!!  >:D
Stewart/Colbert '16

snowfire

« Reply #3348 on: December 04, 2012, 11:46:28 AM »
he was ah, not cleaning himself off after he had "alone time." [/b]

Oh yeah, it has a smell. Especially when it gets ...stale. 

greencat

« Reply #3349 on: December 04, 2012, 01:16:04 PM »
he was ah, not cleaning himself off after he had "alone time." [/b]

Oh yeah, it has a smell. Especially when it gets ...stale. 

I was going to try to to explain, but I made myself gag instead.   :-X

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #3350 on: December 04, 2012, 06:52:42 PM »
This morning I coughed and sneezed at the same time.  The combined force of the two together dislodged several stinky largish tonsil stones.  Yuck, yuck, yuck.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3351 on: December 04, 2012, 07:32:01 PM »
Someone else who has tonsil stones! DH and I both had severe chicken pox as children, and have pockets in our throats where these things build up.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3352 on: December 04, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »
Someone else who has tonsil stones! DH and I both had severe chicken pox as children, and have pockets in our throats where these things build up.
That's what those things are called!  They are gross!  They stink like ... words fail me. :P
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3353 on: December 04, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »
That's what those things are called!  They are gross!  They stink like ... words fail me. :P

Aged toe cheese?

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3354 on: December 04, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »
This morning I coughed and sneezed at the same time.  The combined force of the two together dislodged several stinky largish tonsil stones.  Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Eagle (BF) gets those though I have never had the displeasure of smelling them.  He had one removed awhile ago and I wasn't there; that was the only experience when I was around.  He says it smells like, "A mix of rotten food and sweaty *male bits*"

*(He didn't say male bits...)*
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3355 on: December 04, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »
I never knew you could have them removed. DH and I lose them when we cough or have a sore throat.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3356 on: December 04, 2012, 08:40:48 PM »
I never knew you could have them removed. DH and I lose them when we cough or have a sore throat.

Apparently if they get big enough or you're at the dentist and he notices one...the latter is what happened to Eagle.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #3357 on: December 04, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »

Apparently if they get big enough or you're at the dentist and he notices one...the latter is what happened to Eagle.

I have had the doctor remove or rather help move stuck ones with one of those really long qtip things.  I've done it myself with my finger or a qtip...not a pleasant experience.  Sometimes gargling with warm salt water or drinking hot tea will help move them out. 

I can usually tell if some will be coming out soon because my ears will itch or hurt way down in my ear canal.

The ones that came out this morning were a bit larger than a large green pea and I've had some come out nearly the size of a small marble...let me tell, it HURT and my throat was sore for several days.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3358 on: December 04, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »

Is that why I have them......

I've learned how to deliberately TRY to cough them up once I can taste them.....it seems to help me resist infection, as if I were cleaning the filters that the stones are blocking.....or maybe it's just that the nasty taste in the back of my throat goes away......
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:16:09 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #3359 on: December 04, 2012, 09:52:24 PM »

Is that why I have them......

I've learned how to deliberately TRY to cough them up once I can taste them.....it seems to help me resist infection, as if I were cleaning the filters that the stones are blocking.....or maybe it's just that the nasty taste in the back of my throat goes away......

I've never heard any correlation between chickenpox and tonsil stones.  Basically, anyone who still has their tonsils can get them.

Tonsils filter out  toxins, bacterial debris, lymph/dead white blood cells and it can collect in your tonsil crypts.  The most common chronic sufferers are people with sinus, allergies and post nasal drip sufferers.  Those with autoimmune disorders can have recurring issues as well.  Most anyone else get them from time to time after bouts of severe illness as the tonsils collect all the dead white blood cells and dead bacteria into compact calcified pus balls.

It's nasty, smells nasty and taste nasty....and can give you some gnarly bad breath.