Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 743083 times)

CrochetFanatic

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3375 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »
So did I.  I kind of couldn't look away!  ;D  Even when I had a hand over my mouth, and was choking out, "Oh, holy...Agh!  Ew, no..." and my brother was saying, "I don't want to know, but if it's that bad just turn it off!".  I'm usually not that squeamish, but I was imagining the recovery pain.

greencat

« Reply #3376 on: December 05, 2012, 07:41:36 PM »
I happened to be eating beef jerky when I opened the video  :o

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3377 on: December 05, 2012, 08:09:48 PM »
The removal of the tonsil was fascinating for me. It was the tonsil stones in the beginning that made my stomach turn.

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #3378 on: December 05, 2012, 08:31:41 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uELOO4wskto&NR=1&feature=endscreen

from surfing around a bit...the surgery did not bother me at all.  This one is two sisters, one helping the other dislodge some tonsil stones.  Start around 3:30 if you just want the grossest part. 

>:D :o >:D
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

AustenFan

« Reply #3379 on: December 05, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
Those were both awesome. :)

I hadn't heard of tonsil stones before, and will be checking my family's mouths with a flashlight before bed.

NyaChan

« Reply #3380 on: December 06, 2012, 03:21:42 AM »
Oh my, I've never seen anything like this before - drainage of a crazy crazy volume

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqirXqy_790

Snooks

« Reply #3381 on: December 06, 2012, 06:50:11 AM »
Can tonsil stones go away on their own?  I'm wondering if I had one a few weeks ago because my throat had a weird growth at the back of it but DH wouldn't help me investigate it.  It's difficult to investigate your own mouth.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3382 on: December 06, 2012, 09:59:38 AM »
Can tonsil stones go away on their own?  I'm wondering if I had one a few weeks ago because my throat had a weird growth at the back of it but DH wouldn't help me investigate it.  It's difficult to investigate your own mouth.

At a certain point (smaller than the ones in the twelve year old's tonsils earlier) mine start making me cough and I can taste them.  I can usually get the offender coughed up - but it involves "reverse swallowing" a few times (closest way to describe the throat motions to get it loosened up enough) and coughing.  Followed by brushing my teeth and gargling to get rid of the taste......
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3383 on: December 06, 2012, 01:25:34 PM »
Huh, I still have my tonsils, have allergies that make my sinuses feel like they're congealing when triggered and never got a tonsil stone. For which I'm grateful, they sound thoroughly awful.

I still have my tonsils, too. I would get occasional tonsil stones as a kid, but I haven't had any in about 15 years.

Sanity Lost

« Reply #3384 on: December 06, 2012, 09:23:13 PM »
you learn something new everyday! I always wondered what they were. They always seem to be worse when I'm exercising though.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3385 on: December 06, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »
I knew that I got scratchy things on my tonsils when I was ill, but DH always said that it must be my imagination.  HE never had them! 

Of course, he doesn't have tonsils, either.  MIL strongarmed the doctors into taking out all of her kids' tonsils at the same time, even her toddler son's. (And while they were in the hospital, that cold-hearted harpy threw away their blankies or other soft toys that they used for loveys.  >:( >:( >:( )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

greencat

« Reply #3386 on: December 06, 2012, 11:18:13 PM »
Weirdly, my tonsils were so small as a child that my pediatrician asked my mom if they were out.  He said he doubted I'd ever have tonsillitis, and would definitely never need to have them taken out, as they were so tiny and I was evidently not getting infections in them as a kid.  He was wrong on the tonsillitis front, but I've only had it two or three times as an adult...

I stuck with getting swimmer's ear instead of tonsillitis.  For most kids, swimmer's ear is confined to the summer when they spend a lot of time in the pool...not me!  My doctor was a little stunned to see me with a full blown case in the middle of what passes for winter here in Florida.  He and my mom got a little frazzled looking when I told him my brother and I had been splashing around in mud puddles a few days before and some of it got in my ear >:D

Which reminds me of the time my ex and the roommate were cleaning out the overdue cat box...and all I heard from the other room was my roommate howling "EWWWWWWW ERMAHGAWD IT'S IN MY EAR!!!!!!"

figleaf

« Reply #3387 on: December 07, 2012, 08:07:56 AM »
This story isn't mine, thank goodness, although I was indirectly responsible.

In 1996, DH and I married and my parents graciously hosted our reception at their "river house." DH and I leave on our honeymoon, and Mom and Dad do the last of the cleanup. The river house does not have trash service, but Dac has never really minded, he seems to get some sort of weird pleasure out of "doing the dump run". He usually loaded up the bags into his convertible '66 Mustang, because it wouldn't be so stinky. He loves that car, so do we, we used it as our "getaway car" after our ceremony.

After the wedding, dad loaded the bags into the car, but wasn't able to make the run that day, or the next for some reason. I think they were still hanging out with family and friends.

The third day, dad goes to the dump, goes to pull out the first bag, and it explodes all over, spraying food juice and maggots, hundreds of maggots all over the newly detailed interior.

Mom made Dad get the car professionally cleaned. She said they were still finding maggots months pater that must have crawled into nooks and crannies. We still ride in the car, it's still awesome!

Edited b/c I hit post too soon.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:11:47 AM by figleaf »

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #3388 on: December 07, 2012, 09:49:09 AM »

Which reminds me of the time my ex and the roommate were cleaning out the overdue cat box...and all I heard from the other room was my roommate howling "EWWWWWWW ERMAHGAWD IT'S IN MY EAR!!!!!!"

On the one hand, I'm laughing. On the other, I don't want to know how it happened!
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

alkira6

« Reply #3389 on: December 07, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
Tonsil stones - I only get them on the right side and I can feel them.  If I feel them in the morning I disinfect the round end of my toothbrush and poke at my tonsil until it pops out.  I then gargle like mad until the horrible horrible taste goes away. The smell though, oh! the smell.  I coughed one up on my shirt and had to change because of the smell of death on my chest.