Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 729121 times)

greencat

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3390 on: December 07, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »

Which reminds me of the time my ex and the roommate were cleaning out the overdue cat box...and all I heard from the other room was my roommate howling "EWWWWWWW ERMAHGAWD IT'S IN MY EAR!!!!!!"

On the one hand, I'm laughing. On the other, I don't want to know how it happened!

I never did get a straight answer on that one - my ex was puking (fortunately, straight into the trash can the cat box was being emptied into) and my roommate had turned the shower on and stuck his head under it, and when I asked them later they never could adequate explain the physics behind it - partly because both of them would promptly start gagging when they started trying to talk about it.   >:D

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3391 on: December 10, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »
I have one from work last week.  I work with folks on short term disability, so a lot of fairly gross things come across our desks and I thought I was pretty hardened.  I thought wrong.  Our nurse told us this one.  It's tragic and sad and totally gross.  Be warned.

A lady was attempting to commit suicide, and chose the method of putting a gun in her mouth.  Except, as she was starting to pull the trigger, she sneezed, which altered the gun's trajectory.  It apparently traveled through her sinus cavity and hit one of her eyes before exiting.  I don't know where exactly the bullet exited, since I was dealing with the mental image of a bullet going through someone's sinus cavities and trying to remind myself that I really did want to eat lunch that day.

Yeah.  I'm really not as tough as I like to think I am; a very cowardly part of me is glad this lady is not my client, and so I do not have to deal with her and figure out how you react to that story. 

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #3392 on: December 10, 2012, 06:55:24 PM »
So in a weird way, she sneezed her brains out?
eeewwwwwwwwww...
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Reika

« Reply #3393 on: December 10, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »
eeewwwwwwwwww...

Or at least an eye...

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3394 on: December 10, 2012, 07:02:04 PM »
I used to get sinus headaches with a side of extreme nausea. I would end up in front of the porcelain throne nearly every time, but once, the stomach contents came up through my sinuses and out my nose. It was disgusting, but my headache was completely gone within minutes.  :-[  >:D

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #3395 on: December 10, 2012, 10:59:51 PM »
eeewwwwwwwwww...

Or at least an eye...

YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!

Reika

« Reply #3396 on: December 10, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »
eeewwwwwwwwww...

Or at least an eye...

YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!

I'm not trying to make fun of the poor woman's situation, but I admit my first thought upon reading what happened was, "Huh, you can lose an eye if you sneeze with your eyes open."

Yes, I'm a horrible person with a sick sense of humor.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #3397 on: December 11, 2012, 05:30:40 PM »
Someone else who has tonsil stones! DH and I both had severe chicken pox as children, and have pockets in our throats where these things build up.

Is that why I have them......

I've learned how to deliberately TRY to cough them up once I can taste them.....it seems to help me resist infection, as if I were cleaning the filters that the stones are blocking.....or maybe it's just that the nasty taste in the back of my throat goes away......

I've never heard any correlation between chickenpox and tonsil stones.  Basically, anyone who still has their tonsils can get them.

Tonsils filter out  toxins, bacterial debris, lymph/dead white blood cells and it can collect in your tonsil crypts.  The most common chronic sufferers are people with sinus, allergies and post nasal drip sufferers.  Those with autoimmune disorders can have recurring issues as well.  Most anyone else get them from time to time after bouts of severe illness as the tonsils collect all the dead white blood cells and dead bacteria into compact calcified pus balls.

It's nasty, smells nasty and taste nasty....and can give you some gnarly bad breath.

This is the best thing I've heard today... I will never have to deal with this grossness. Yipee!

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3398 on: December 12, 2012, 03:12:19 AM »
The other night, my brother had too much to drink and got sick.  First time it's happened.  He overshot his trash can.  I heard it all, and had no warning.  I'm an emetophobe.  To say that he is in the doghouse with me is an understatement!  >:(

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #3399 on: December 12, 2012, 06:44:50 AM »
The other night, my brother had too much to drink and got sick.  First time it's happened.  He overshot his trash can.  I heard it all, and had no warning.  I'm an emetophobe.  To say that he is in the doghouse with me is an understatement!  >:(

That is funny. I've mastered the art of getting sick after a few drinks, I can do it with my eyes closed.  :-[ >:D
Stewart/Colbert '16

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #3400 on: December 12, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
I've mentioned before on here that DS has some issues with walking. He's been in PT for almost a year, and we finally made the decision to put him in casts (which was AMAZINGLY effective! :D) Thank goodness he was only in the casts for 2 weeks; when they came off, it was Stinky. He had pea-sized gobs of toe cheese  :o
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #3401 on: December 12, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »
Speaking of sneezing:

http://www.wimp.com/halloweenprank/

(not gross, but fun!  I suggest you stay and watch the reaction of the group at 1:07 minutes, near the end.)
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

purplebunny

« Reply #3402 on: December 13, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »
I have a 7-month old little boy. He's always been a little reflux-y, but was showing signs of growing out of it (hadn't barfed in almost a week). This morning I gave him fruit purée including pineapple for breakfast.

Guess what I got to wear all down the front of my shirt when I got him up after his nap?

He then vomited at least 4 more times, so I guess that means no more pineapple. And I say at least 4 times because I found one more puddle on the carpet with my foot. (Carpet is cream-coloured and he'd nursed after eating breakfast, so the mess was mostly milk-coloured...)

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3403 on: December 13, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »
I am sick with a cold. this morning when i woke up I coughed and hacked... and spat up green stuff in the toilet. >.<

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3404 on: December 13, 2012, 08:45:14 PM »
I am sick with a cold. this morning when i woke up I coughed and hacked... and spat up green stuff in the toilet. >.<

Once had three different colors & textures of "gunk" come out of my infected sinuses in my morning hot, steamy shower (I was trying to clear them because they were "stuffy" and I had a headache.  I ended up at the doctor's office on base...  By the time I described the second - the doctor was a bit green. When I started on the description of the third - he told me that he had already sent the antibiotics prescription to the pharmacy (military clinic - pharmacy in the building and on the same computer network).  No mention of swabs was made.  It was an early appointment (just after breakfast - I was a civilian spouse, so he'd seen the active duty military FIRST) so he may have been wanting to be able to face lunch.....I hope that he didn't have any green food planned..... >:D

Description follows - whited out to keep the worst of the details from the squeamish.

First color was "milky" and gray green.  Second color was thicker, lumpy, slimier, and yellow green.  Third was slimier still, a really "sick" clear green, shot with threads of blood, and lumps of what sure looked like pus.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:48:54 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?