Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 604489 times)

KimberlyM

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3435 on: December 21, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
Getting an ad for "Activated Sludge Process" I have no idea what that is, but it sounds yucky!

magicdomino

« Reply #3436 on: December 21, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »
I got one for activated Higher Learning on the bottom.  It must have been triggered by the word "money."

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3437 on: December 21, 2012, 06:59:15 PM »
Getting an ad for "Activated Sludge Process" I have no idea what that is, but it sounds yucky!
Welcome to my Wonderful World of Sludge >:D  Activated sludge looks a bit like a thin chocolate milkshake and it has a rich, earthy smell.  I love the smell of activated sludge.  Activated sludge has lots of hungry bugs (microorganisms) that are freshed with oxygen (aerated) then mixed with sewage.  The bugs in the activated sludge consume the "food" in the sewage, cleaning it up.   

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3438 on: December 21, 2012, 07:18:49 PM »
Welcome to my Wonderful World of Sludge >:D  Activated sludge looks a bit like a thin chocolate milkshake and it has a rich, earthy smell.  I love the smell of activated sludge.  Activated sludge has lots of hungry bugs (microorganisms) that are freshed with oxygen (aerated) then mixed with sewage.  The bugs in the activated sludge consume the "food" in the sewage, cleaning it up.

Your description was worse than the stuff i had in mind Midnight Kitty.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3439 on: December 22, 2012, 12:26:26 AM »
I was born in a town with a chocolate factory. Mom says it smelt heavenly all around town several times a week. ;)

There was 2 smells when entering Burlington, WI from the southern side. First there was the cows, so you got the "chocolate" smell. Then when you hit the area near the Nestle plant, there was the CHOCOLATE smell. YUM!!!

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3440 on: December 22, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »

I think I would like "Activated Sludge Process" ads better than the incessant wedding ads I get.  ;D

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #3441 on: December 22, 2012, 10:11:24 PM »
I grew up in a very rural area in the Midwestern USA where some roads were made of dirt and where farmers fertilized their fields with manure. I'll never forget that smell!

Aww, I'm weird. I hate most "poo" smells (like any sane person) but I love when they spread the aged manure on the fields every spring. Its not a "good" smell, but it smells like easter and happy childhood to me.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3442 on: December 23, 2012, 12:22:47 AM »
I grew up in a very rural area in the Midwestern USA where some roads were made of dirt and where farmers fertilized their fields with manure. I'll never forget that smell!

Aww, I'm weird. I hate most "poo" smells (like any sane person) but I love when they spread the aged manure on the fields every spring. Its not a "good" smell, but it smells like easter and happy childhood to me.
I'm not a normal person when it comes to "poo" smells.  I discovered when I inspected them that there are parts of the wastewater treatment plants that, IMO, smell good.  I was inspecting the composting facility when they poured raw liquid sludge over the green waste and mixed it up.  I was wearing a particulate filter, but raw sludge has a pungent odor which, for some odd reason, my nose interpreted as "sweet."  The guy who works at the facility stared at me, shook his head, then said "You really are a country girl, aren't you?"  I'm looking forward to watching them apply sludge to agricultural land to enrich it and reduce the need for fertilizers.  I'm working with some new dry litter piggeries and I look forward to doing their post-construction inspections.  In fact, in my office they say, "If it's poo, Midnight will handle it."
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3443 on: December 25, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »
Merry Christmas to Vorbau and everyone else on the gross out thread!

http://thehayloft.tumblr.com/post/37102903021/students-in-my-forensic-anthropology-class-made
NE England

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #3444 on: December 25, 2012, 09:00:06 AM »

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3445 on: December 25, 2012, 09:41:33 AM »
That is awesome, but am I the only one who wanted pictures?

magicdomino

« Reply #3446 on: December 25, 2012, 01:08:34 PM »

http://thehayloft.tumblr.com/post/37102903021/students-in-my-forensic-anthropology-class-made

Did anyone else find themselves singing, "FIVE GUNSHOT WOUNDS" to themselves?

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3447 on: December 25, 2012, 09:07:02 PM »

Did anyone else find themselves singing, "FIVE GUNSHOT WOUNDS" to themselves?

But, of course!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3448 on: December 25, 2012, 09:25:14 PM »
I sang the whole song to DH and DS.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3449 on: December 25, 2012, 10:27:39 PM »
I totally sang it too!  ;D