Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 604308 times)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3450 on: December 27, 2012, 11:22:30 PM »
For about two years now, I've had a nodule on my toe.

We thought it was arthritis, but over time it got painful and developed a hard, tender center.
We thought it might be a wart, or a corn.
We soaked t, and peeled it and froze it with wart treatment, all to no avail.
All it did was hurt.

Finally, I went to the doctor and he took a biopsy. (The stitches probably belonged in this thread!)

My bump is a fibrokeratoma.
Benign and non-recurring, but I gogled the images and I'm not sure if I am glad or disappointed that mine is only 3  or 4mm across! :P

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3451 on: December 31, 2012, 10:51:18 PM »
I'll have to have a chat with my mother about sharing ring bologna with the dog.  :P  Her farts were bad enough before, but this last one left me with tears in my eyes!

snowfire

« Reply #3452 on: January 02, 2013, 10:31:41 PM »
And now I have the mental image of your mom and the dog doing the Lady & the Tramp spaghetti thing with the sausage....then passing out gas masks.  >:D ;D

Reika

« Reply #3453 on: January 03, 2013, 05:43:34 AM »
I'm posting in this thread because some of it is icky, but funny at the same time, that mom told me last night.

Mom has a few semi-feral cats that she feeds, because she feels bad about them. Among the lot is a pair of brothers that are half-grown kittens. One of the boys (Randy) managed to catch a baby lizard. Only it got stuck on his paw and he just couldn't figure out how to pry it off. So mom goes into the house to get a paper towel, since she wasn't about to touch it with her bare hands.

She comes out, and Randy's brother Rusty is playing with something, but she doesn't pay attention to what it is as she's helping Randy get unstuck. She finally pries the lizard off, looks up to see that the unknown object Rusty is playing with is a piece of petrified poop.

As she's trying not to get sick, Randy grabs the lizard...and promptly gets it stuck on his other paw.

At that point she was just done and went back into the apartment.

Snooks

« Reply #3454 on: January 03, 2013, 10:30:38 AM »
I just popped a spot that's been bothering me for days, it only came to a head today so I've just gone at it with the pore clearer I have.  Very satisfying to see the white goo coming out, and it's not even bleeding!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3455 on: January 03, 2013, 10:46:23 AM »
Going in to have the pin put in my finger in a few minutes... I've been keeping a photolog of the process so far, from when I got the laceration between the ring and pinky fingers, up through yesterday's check up on the hand..  :)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3456 on: January 03, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »
Not as gross as some of these - but I was in the tub and started just scratching my back last night.  I had to clean my nails because of all the goo built up under them (actually, I had to clean them three times because I kept scratching until the itching went away) - my back no longer itches and I'm looking for my back scrubber...because apparently the dead skin cells building up are why my back will start to itch.

Exfoliation can be  a bit gross when you have tiny little rolls of skin cells left behind on top the skin or packed under your finger nails. 
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

alkira6

« Reply #3457 on: January 03, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »
Not as gross as some of these - but I was in the tub and started just scratching my back last night.  I had to clean my nails because of all the goo built up under them (actually, I had to clean them three times because I kept scratching until the itching went away) - my back no longer itches and I'm looking for my back scrubber...because apparently the dead skin cells building up are why my back will start to itch.

Exfoliation can be  a bit gross when you have tiny little rolls of skin cells left behind on top the skin or packed under your finger nails.

I get a buildup on my back like that in the summer.  Very nasty.  I buy $1 scrubbers at dollar tree and switch them out every few months.  Tree hut body scrub is also relatively cheap and very good for daily exfoliation. (Ask me about my back babies!)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3458 on: January 03, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »

I get a buildup on my back like that in the summer.  Very nasty.  I buy $1 scrubbers at dollar tree and switch them out every few months.  Tree hut body scrub is also relatively cheap and very good for daily exfoliation. (Ask me about my back babies!)

Back babies...did you ever read David Weber's series about Prince Roger?  March Upcountry, March to the Sea, March to the Stars, and We Few?  The aliens really had back babies...but I digress.

I remember my first bath after several days in the hospital - I was rolling up gray balls and wishing that there were a faster way to get clean (showers might work - but I wasn't standing that long and I'd had to wait for my stitches to start healing a little before the bath).  Reminded me of that - I think I had put that out of my mind...

Exfoliation scrub from my gym bag is going into the shower with me at home - and a back scrubber, too.  Probably not until tomorrow night though (waiting for a cold snap to get past).

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3459 on: January 03, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »
I had a similar peeling experience a couple months ago when my neck was much worse than it is now, and I accidentally fell asleep with the heating pad.  It didn't hurt, which is probably why I didn't notice it, and at first I thought that I had gotten something similar to a sunburn.  But, as I said, it didn't hurt.  I suppose the dry heat just dried the skin so that it began to peel.  I felt like a snake in the middle of shedding.

It was interesting, trying to exfoliate with only one hand.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3460 on: January 03, 2013, 07:18:32 PM »
Back babies...did you ever read David Weber's series about Prince Roger?  March Upcountry, March to the Sea, March to the Stars, and We Few?  The aliens really had back babies...but I digress.

And they felt bad that human women only had two bumps on their fronts, because obviously they had lost part of their litter.  :)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3461 on: January 03, 2013, 07:57:50 PM »

And they felt bad that human women only had two bumps on their fronts, because obviously they had lost part of their litter.  :)

!!!  Snarky & Evil want to send you a virtual white chocolate snowman filled with Kahlua, Coca Cola, and milk - aka "The Cavorting Snowwoman!" (the winter holiday version of a Bunny FooFoo).  They like running into other readers with the same "taste" in books and drinks!

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #3462 on: January 03, 2013, 08:02:31 PM »
Having my colostomy bag leak in public. (I have since healed and had that closed off.)

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #3463 on: January 04, 2013, 09:44:22 AM »
Having my colostomy bag leak in public. (I have since healed and had that closed off.)

Oh, my - my DP has one, also we hope temporarily, and we've had some memorable moments with it, including some episodes we collectively call "Mt. Poo-suvius" when she's had GI upsets (and when she had lysteria poisoning last August). Ostomy stories are truly the worst!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3464 on: January 04, 2013, 11:41:01 AM »
I have decided (in light of my photos going over like a lead balloon.  :P) to continue the saga of my busted up car (and hand) here.  Warning, there be no hidden text, but then that's why I'm putting it here.

So, the van is totaled.  It's a 2000 Grand Caravan, and the engine block is cracked.  So, yeah, not fixing it.  Okay, that's the van settled, then.

My hand is a sight more interesting.  Turns out it needed a pin, because the finger was broken to the left, so it's basically the Quebec of my hand, trying to secede.  Sorry. no.  I need all five provinces I've got.  So yesterday I went in for it.  Luckily, this is one of the nation's top orthopedic hospitals.

Everything's routine right up until the operation itself.  They declined to give me a full general, in case I have any apnea, so they can bring me up just enough to resolve that.  Not to worry, the anesthesiologist told me, you'll still be unconscious and won't remember a thing.

Yeah.

So I wake up and feel them working on the hand.  I'm pretty sure I cried out, but I still wasn't (or couldn't) move anything but my eyes and mouth.  It stopped after just a few seconds, so I asked "Is that it?"  (I'm sure this is what every surgeon wants to hear from the patient during surgery.)  They said it was, I replied "Awesome."  (Because it was, considering that meant no more of that!)

I had the presence of mind to thank them and wish them a great day as I got wheeled out of the OR.

So here I sit, my hand resting elevated on my desk, my prescription painkillers untouched as of yet because Aleve is doing just fine, and I don't want to use narcotic painkillers unless I have to.

All in all, not a bad resolution to the saga.  Of course, it's not really over... I get the sutures out Wednesday (my birthday, yay.)