Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 608545 times)

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3495 on: January 10, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »
I have horrible skin conditions - and after years of creams, lotions, etc. I finally had a dermatologist decide it's time to get serious about finding out which problem I really have (psoriasis or eczema). Apparently they are treated the same when they're minor, but when they get this big (palm sized patches all over my legs, etc), they really need to know what it is to treat it. So they did a punch biopsy on my elbow. I made the mistake of looking when she did it.

Pencil eraser sized chunk of my arm. UGH. Need eye bleach.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3496 on: January 10, 2013, 04:58:32 PM »
*looks at greencat with wide eyes and a very interested expression*

Ive GOT to know what lead to this!  :P

Yeah! Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

I was eating a chicken sandwich in the passenger seat of a car.  The car got rear-ended at a low-speed because a dippy minivan driver was not paying attention.  Somehow the tomato off my sandwich ended up splattered across the instrument panel, which looked a bit crime-scene-y all by itself, and the bite I'd just taken ended up going directions sandwiches are not meant to go.  I didn't realize that immediately - I just felt very uncomfortable for awhile, and then started sneezing out chunks of chicken and bread - very painfully, might I add, as some of the chicken pieces were pretty big.  The triage nurses in the ER said they'd never seen anyone sneeze chicken before  ;D

Oh my. As much as I want to laugh, I realize that it is the result of a car accident, and I feel terrible.  :-\

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3497 on: January 10, 2013, 05:18:09 PM »
I'm sitting here having a good chuckle, while typing with a broken pinky from a recent crash.  I think you're good to go.  :)

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3498 on: January 10, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »
Thanks, Traska, that makes me feel better.  :P

How is your pinky feeling, by the way?

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3499 on: January 10, 2013, 06:04:05 PM »
It's got two pins in it (I've got pictures of those, incidentally), and it's in a cast now.  Luckily, unlike the splint, this one leaves me with some manual dexterity in the left hand.  Thanks for asking!  :D

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3500 on: January 10, 2013, 07:12:40 PM »
I have horrible skin conditions - and after years of creams, lotions, etc. I finally had a dermatologist decide it's time to get serious about finding out which problem I really have (psoriasis or eczema). Apparently they are treated the same when they're minor, but when they get this big (palm sized patches all over my legs, etc), they really need to know what it is to treat it. So they did a punch biopsy on my elbow. I made the mistake of looking when she did it.

Pencil eraser sized chunk of my arm. UGH. Need eye bleach.

I watched my doc do that to my toe a few weeks ago. I thought it was cool.
I'm kinda looking forward to a couple of weeks from now when he cuts out the chunk that's the size of my pinky-fingernail.  :P

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3501 on: January 10, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »
I've been following your pictures! And you're very welcome!

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3502 on: January 10, 2013, 08:41:07 PM »
This truely grossed me out, and I still have a mess to clean up.

The cat on my desk was looking at something behind me, so I looked, and saw one of the other cats wiping his butt on the floor. He ran a few feet, and proceeded to clean his butt, where I could see him. I couldn't chase him to another room, because I was trying really hard to not gag. Yuck!!!

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3503 on: January 10, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »
Led here by link hopping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCKh0-vTRAE

How can you let blackheads get this bad? HOW?

I'd have gotten them out long before now..ugh.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #3504 on: January 10, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »

DH walked in on me watching this. His reaction: "What is wrong with you Woman?"  :o  :o and then....."quit looking at my nose"
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Reika

« Reply #3505 on: January 10, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »
I was eating a chicken sandwich in the passenger seat of a car.  The car got rear-ended at a low-speed because a dippy minivan driver was not paying attention.  Somehow the tomato off my sandwich ended up splattered across the instrument panel, which looked a bit crime-scene-y all by itself, and the bite I'd just taken ended up going directions sandwiches are not meant to go.  I didn't realize that immediately - I just felt very uncomfortable for awhile, and then started sneezing out chunks of chicken and bread - very painfully, might I add, as some of the chicken pieces were pretty big.  The triage nurses in the ER said they'd never seen anyone sneeze chicken before  ;D

Oh no. :(

I was trying not to chuckle, but the mental image... Hope you weren't too badly hurt.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3506 on: January 10, 2013, 09:34:52 PM »
Sometimes, I get nauseated when I have a headache. Usually, it is best for me to go ahead and vomit, so I can get it over with. One time, the vomitus came through my sinuses and out my nose. I hurt for a week, even after irrigating with saline.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3507 on: January 10, 2013, 10:04:53 PM »

DH walked in on me watching this. His reaction: "What is wrong with you Woman?" 

DF says this to me often. *Laughing*

greencat

« Reply #3508 on: January 11, 2013, 12:32:04 AM »

Oh no. :(

I was trying not to chuckle, but the mental image... Hope you weren't too badly hurt.

Oops!  Sorry - that was the second draft after my computer ate the first one, and I thought I'd put in there that I wasn't injured, just really shaken - and the pain from having part of a chicken sandwich in my sinuses contributed to my decision to head to the ER!

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #3509 on: January 11, 2013, 09:54:12 AM »

I'd have gotten them out long before now..ugh.

Yeah. They look like someone got road rash last year and never cleaned it out!
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!