Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 800468 times)

AustenFan

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3525 on: January 15, 2013, 01:33:50 AM »
The bathroom is on the opposite end of the apartment from the living room. Mom could smell it out where she was watching tv.

Good job!  ;D ;D

I went to my friends house earlier for supper. What started out as a harmless night of fun, wound up leading to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRAYccnyfkY

WARNING. This video is for the hard core gross out fanatics.

Most excellent, thanks Diesel Darlin!

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3526 on: January 15, 2013, 07:28:15 AM »
The most disgusting thing I ever stepped in barefoot was a large (4"?) tomato hornworm. I could feel it pop.
Big slugs.  They pop AND they're slimy.  It takes a whole lot of scrubbing to get slug slime off of your bare foot.  I no longer go outside barefoot after dark.

I've got a description for what stepping on a slug feels like.  I tried (and succeeded) to gross my brother out with this one, and I think it's pretty accurate.  It's like stepping on a small balloon filled with Jell-o and kitty litter.  Sort of a "crunch-smoosh".  Top that one if you can.  8)

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #3527 on: January 15, 2013, 01:33:10 PM »
*laughing*

Yeah, I got off easy by wearing slippers.

I think the grossest thing I ever stepped on was a frog.  We had a small pond on my childhood property and they were aplenty in the spring.  I accidentally stepped on a small one once.  But I was wearing shoes.  I felt pretty bad for the frog.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #3528 on: January 15, 2013, 02:02:36 PM »
Worst thing to step on barefoot? One of those huge 'palmetto bugs' or 'tree roaches' or whatever you call the aircraft carrier sized things that infest most of the south. We'd had a bad storm and they were retreating inside wherever they could, and I woke up, half asleep, and crunch. Still gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about that crunch-squish-slither sensation.... and then having to hose my foot off.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3529 on: January 15, 2013, 02:33:15 PM »
Worst thing to step on barefoot? One of those huge 'palmetto bugs' or 'tree roaches' or whatever you call the aircraft carrier sized things that infest most of the south. We'd had a bad storm and they were retreating inside wherever they could, and I woke up, half asleep, and crunch. Still gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about that crunch-squish-slither sensation.... and then having to hose my foot off.

Try this:  Wearing sweatpants, and one crawls up inside...INSIDE.. the pant leg.  Fastest my pants have EVER come off.

Snooks

« Reply #3530 on: January 15, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »
The piercing thread reminded me of something that probably makes me a little bit wrong.  I took great pleasure in turning my earrings when they were first pierced and they'd get a bit stuck which meant there was gunk I could pick off either the hole or the earring.  My bellybutton ring still gets dead skin accumulating on it so I take it out every couple of weeks for a good picking.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3531 on: January 15, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
The piercing thread also reminded me of the grossness that occurred when I got my second ear piercing.

I get the piercing, with 14K gold studs, very clean, no problem. A few hours later, I notice my earlobes itch. I looked in the mirror and there was a giant swelling covering the earring on each ear. The swelling had a crust over it, and I had to force the earring through and remove it. It took weeks to heal.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3532 on: January 15, 2013, 06:35:36 PM »
The piercing thread reminded me of something that probably makes me a little bit wrong.  I took great pleasure in turning my earrings when they were first pierced and they'd get a bit stuck which meant there was gunk I could pick off either the hole or the earring.  My bellybutton ring still gets dead skin accumulating on it so I take it out every couple of weeks for a good picking.

I loved picking off the gunk.  When I had my first earrings, I could wear anything.  I got the second hole pierced only to find out that I was allergic to anything but surgical steel or sterling silver.  How did I find out?  I woke up with a trail of gunk down my neck.  It was kind of cool.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3533 on: January 15, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »
Try this:  Wearing sweatpants, and one crawls up inside...INSIDE.. the pant leg.  Fastest my pants have EVER come off.

Maybe this also belongs in the "Things that Sound Dirty but Aren't" thread?  >:D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3534 on: January 15, 2013, 07:17:56 PM »

Maybe this also belongs in the "Things that Sound Dirty but Aren't" thread?  >:D

The things I said sure sounded dirty.

greencat

« Reply #3535 on: January 16, 2013, 01:43:43 AM »
The piercing thread also reminded me of the grossness that occurred when I got my second ear piercing.

I get the piercing, with 14K gold studs, very clean, no problem. A few hours later, I notice my earlobes itch. I looked in the mirror and there was a giant swelling covering the earring on each ear. The swelling had a crust over it, and I had to force the earring through and remove it. It took weeks to heal.

Ooo!  I forgot about my own experiences with ear piercings.  You see, when I first got my ears pierced, I didn't realize I was developing an allergy to all metals more reactive than gold.  My first holes itched for a bit, and crusted up but I just thought they had gotten infected and took them out and let the holes heal up.  When I got the second and third holes in my lobes done, and had the original holes repierced (through the original scar!) I had cheap studs in all three - and hooboy.  They didn't swell up like LadyKnight's, but they did crust up and the discharge...smelled.  It wasn't exactly like rotting flesh, but it was just as horrific.  I realized after a new necklace made my neck break out in hives that I was actually having an allergic reaction to the metal in the earrings.  Switching to supposedly hypoallergenic posts didn't help at all - and then winter hit, and I started wearing jeans again.  Queue having the same reaction localized to all the spots where my jeans had rivets in the pockets :(

Weirdly enough, none of the piercing holes closed up, even though I didn't wear earrings for about seven years after I realized that I had the allergy.  A certain modern allergy medicine happens to be very effective at mitigating the contact allergy, unlike the only antihistamine on the public market when I discovered it.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3536 on: January 16, 2013, 10:22:18 AM »
I am allergic to all metals not gold. Which leads to another issue, I can't wear a medical alert bracelet stating allergies to penicillin, shellfish and metal. Well I could wear one, but I can't afford a gold one. However, I do enjoy this metal allergy, because when I have surgery, no staples!!

I can wear a watch, but for some reason, only a Timex, with a leather band, and it has to be waterproof. The back of that doesn't bother me, but I will get a mark from the little windy thing.

I had a beautiful gold plated wedding set, that I loved. I got the worst contact dermatitis from it, I have scar on my finger.

Since I don't wear earrings, I get this weird semifirm pussy stuff out of the holes, from both the front and back sides.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3537 on: January 16, 2013, 10:40:01 AM »
We had a classmate in college that owned one ring, one neckchain, and one pair of earrings.  She was allergic to any metal except platinum.  She had gotten the various pieces that she did own as high school graduation gifts or on turning 21 (from her grandparents and parents).  None of the pieces were large (she was petite) due to the cost of the metal. 

She had plastic covers on all her car keys.  It is HARD to avoid all metal!  You don't see many Texans who don't wear jeans with rivets...she was one of the few.

KHerbert - it was indeed in San Angelo!  Seems at times that San Angelo is close to the Twilight Zone or something....more strange things happen in San Angelo than you'd expect from the number of people there!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3538 on: January 16, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »
I am allergic to all metals not gold. Which leads to another issue, I can't wear a medical alert bracelet stating allergies to penicillin, shellfish and metal. Well I could wear one, but I can't afford a gold one. However, I do enjoy this metal allergy, because when I have surgery, no staples!!

I can wear a watch, but for some reason, only a Timex, with a leather band, and it has to be waterproof. The back of that doesn't bother me, but I will get a mark from the little windy thing.

I had a beautiful gold plated wedding set, that I loved. I got the worst contact dermatitis from it, I have scar on my finger.

Since I don't wear earrings, I get this weird semifirm pussy stuff out of the holes, from both the front and back sides.

This site has leather bands that seem to keep metal from touching your skin.

http://www.americanmedical-id.com/marketplace/category_viewall.php?shopby=1

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3539 on: January 16, 2013, 11:59:02 AM »
I am allergic to all metals not gold. Which leads to another issue, I can't wear a medical alert bracelet stating allergies to penicillin, shellfish and metal. Well I could wear one, but I can't afford a gold one. However, I do enjoy this metal allergy, because when I have surgery, no staples!

I never thought of that!  I'm OK with the stainless steel medic alert bracelet but I got the copper one, once.  Which was great until I wore the copper off and got to the nickel underneath.  Then I started reacting.

Hmmm...  I might want to update my medic alert info to include the nickel reaction.  And order a new bracelet.  I haven't been wearing one lately and I probably should.  (Unequal pupils, lack of reaction to codeine, TMJ - issue with the new jaw thrust technique for AR)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario