Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 789382 times)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3540 on: January 16, 2013, 01:15:51 PM »
This probably belongs in the SS thread, but it's related to the metal allergy posts.  Before we bought our horse, my hobby was beading jewelry.  I made some inexpensive stuff for fun which I gave to my friends' daughters, but my strength was in 14k GF with semi-precious stones and pearls.  I made some lovely sets (earrings, bracelet, & necklace) for my adult nieces, MIL, SILs, etc.  (My mother does not wear jewelry.)

Eldest Niece breezily says, "I only wear solid 24k gold."  Youngest Niece rolls her eyes, so I suspect EN is doin' her Diva Act.  No worries.  I never made another piece of jewelry for EN.  I'm not one to throw pearls before swine. ::)
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3541 on: January 16, 2013, 01:23:40 PM »
Ah yes, 24K gold... for jewelry that you don't mind looking dinged every time you accidentally bump it.

LadyRoxi

« Reply #3542 on: January 16, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »
About 5 years ago I was really in to Live Action Role Playing (dressing up (in midevily style clothining) as your character (white tiger for me) and running around the woods trying to hit each other with pvc pipe covered in foam and throwing packets of bird seed at each other). 

See above statement for running around the woods.  In the spring.  When tiny young of many creatures are born. 

So I walk up to the tavern and am talking with some folks and notice that there is something on my velvet-like pants.  Oh a baby spider.  How cute.  Oh look. Another one. And another.  And...... OH MY GOODNESS MY PANTS ARE NOW MADE OF BABY SPIDERS!

Somehow I had walked through a web where a nest of spiderlings had just hatched.  Now, a small spider or two I can handle, but hundreds, all over my legs,  NOT SO MUCH!

I calmly (on the outside) turned to my then boyfriend now husband, and said "Cabin, NOW!"  He had no idea what the problem was.   Not wanting to seem like a screamy girl in front of my friends, I power walked back to the cabin with him in tow, saying "What's wrong?"

"You have to help me out of my pants" I said, allowing myself to slightly panic now that we were in private.

He got that look on his face.

"No, you don't understand." I said now nearly crying.  "There are hundreds of tiny spiders all over my pants and I'm gonna loose it here in a bout 30 seconds."

Compounding all of this was I was wearing mid-thigh boots that laced up all the way.  It was a major production to get them off or on.

He manned up and helped me unlace my boots and shimmy out of my pants in record speed.  As soon as they were gone I ran around the cabin doing my interperative dance of "Ack-baby-spiders-were-on-my-pants-and-I-didn't-know-they-were there-Ack" until I got it out of my system.  The pants got put immediately in a plastic bag, tied up and thrown in the trash on the spot.

My husband still refers to me as spider pants on occasion and I still have to do that interprative dance at the memory of that incident.

Punky B.

• I prefer not to.
« Reply #3543 on: January 16, 2013, 03:14:52 PM »
LadyRoxi, that is as hilarious as it is creepy-crawly!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3544 on: January 16, 2013, 04:58:04 PM »
About 5 years ago I was really in to Live Action Role Playing (dressing up (in midevily style clothining) as your character (white tiger for me) and running around the woods trying to hit each other with pvc pipe covered in foam and throwing packets of bird seed at each other). 

See above statement for running around the woods.  In the spring.  When tiny young of many creatures are born. 

So I walk up to the tavern and am talking with some folks and notice that there is something on my velvet-like pants.  Oh a baby spider.  How cute.  Oh look. Another one. And another.  And...... OH MY GOODNESS MY PANTS ARE NOW MADE OF BABY SPIDERS!

Somehow I had walked through a web where a nest of spiderlings had just hatched.  Now, a small spider or two I can handle, but hundreds, all over my legs,  NOT SO MUCH!

I calmly (on the outside) turned to my then boyfriend now husband, and said "Cabin, NOW!"  He had no idea what the problem was.   Not wanting to seem like a screamy girl in front of my friends, I power walked back to the cabin with him in tow, saying "What's wrong?"

"You have to help me out of my pants" I said, allowing myself to slightly panic now that we were in private.

He got that look on his face.

"No, you don't understand." I said now nearly crying.  "There are hundreds of tiny spiders all over my pants and I'm gonna loose it here in a bout 30 seconds."

Compounding all of this was I was wearing mid-thigh boots that laced up all the way.  It was a major production to get them off or on.

He manned up and helped me unlace my boots and shimmy out of my pants in record speed.  As soon as they were gone I ran around the cabin doing my interperative dance of "Ack-baby-spiders-were-on-my-pants-and-I-didn't-know-they-were there-Ack" until I got it out of my system.  The pants got put immediately in a plastic bag, tied up and thrown in the trash on the spot.

My husband still refers to me as spider pants on occasion and I still have to do that interprative dance at the memory of that incident.

Sorry for your misery but that's hilarious!

I'd have been chasing Eagle (DF) around with my spider pants and screaming, "He's afraid of what's in my pants!" but that's because I'm cruel and the bug killer of the house.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3545 on: January 16, 2013, 05:24:12 PM »
LadyRoxi - Excellent post. Great story.  Funny AND creepy.  You have a wonderful sense of humor and you write well.  I look forward to reading more of your posts, so don't get creeped out if it feels like I'm stalking you. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3546 on: January 16, 2013, 10:51:51 PM »
I am allergic to all metals not gold. Which leads to another issue, I can't wear a medical alert bracelet stating allergies to penicillin, shellfish and metal. Well I could wear one, but I can't afford a gold one. However, I do enjoy this metal allergy, because when I have surgery, no staples!

I never thought of that!  I'm OK with the stainless steel medic alert bracelet but I got the copper one, once.  Which was great until I wore the copper off and got to the nickel underneath.  Then I started reacting.

Hmmm...  I might want to update my medic alert info to include the nickel reaction.  And order a new bracelet.  I haven't been wearing one lately and I probably should.  (Unequal pupils, lack of reaction to codeine, TMJ - issue with the new jaw thrust technique for AR)
I have a titanium medicalert.  All the lettering wore off the stainless steel one.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3547 on: January 16, 2013, 11:32:30 PM »
The bathroom is on the opposite end of the apartment from the living room. Mom could smell it out where she was watching tv.

Good job!  ;D ;D

I went to my friends house earlier for supper. What started out as a harmless night of fun, wound up leading to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRAYccnyfkY

WARNING. This video is for the hard core gross out fanatics.

Most excellent, thanks Diesel Darlin!

Anytime!  ;D

greencat

« Reply #3548 on: January 17, 2013, 12:23:02 AM »
I am allergic to all metals not gold. Which leads to another issue, I can't wear a medical alert bracelet stating allergies to penicillin, shellfish and metal. Well I could wear one, but I can't afford a gold one. However, I do enjoy this metal allergy, because when I have surgery, no staples!

I never thought of that!  I'm OK with the stainless steel medic alert bracelet but I got the copper one, once.  Which was great until I wore the copper off and got to the nickel underneath.  Then I started reacting.

Hmmm...  I might want to update my medic alert info to include the nickel reaction.  And order a new bracelet.  I haven't been wearing one lately and I probably should.  (Unequal pupils, lack of reaction to codeine, TMJ - issue with the new jaw thrust technique for AR)
I have a titanium medicalert.  All the lettering wore off the stainless steel one.

Oh my.  I hadn't even thought about what would happen if/when I need to get a medic alert bracelet.  I'm allergic to titanium too.  I can't wear any watches because of the stainless steel backs - every once in awhile I find a cheap jelly-bracelet style one that has the backing completely covered by the rubber stuff, but those don't last long.  I wear slacks most of the time due to the difficulty of finding jeans without rivets.  If I wear riveted jeans, I end up with weeping sores on my hips.

My gross-out recently was an infected hair follicle/ingrown hair on my bikini line.  It came complete with white pus.  I'm not entirely sure I actually managed to pull out the ingrown hair either.  Hopefully this won't be like the last time, where apparently the hair had been hiding for awhile before it swelled up, and it was a good inch long when I pulled it out.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #3549 on: January 17, 2013, 09:00:19 AM »
My gross-out recently was an infected hair follicle/ingrown hair on my bikini line.  It came complete with white pus.  I'm not entirely sure I actually managed to pull out the ingrown hair either.  Hopefully this won't be like the last time, where apparently the hair had been hiding for awhile before it swelled up, and it was a good inch long when I pulled it out.

Oh, I get those all the time on my chin(!) thanks to PCOS. Have had them in excess of 2 inches before they have been extractable (they coil really tightly on your face, I've found). YUK.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3550 on: January 17, 2013, 09:52:16 AM »

Oh my.  I hadn't even thought about what would happen if/when I need to get a medic alert bracelet.  I'm allergic to titanium too.  I can't wear any watches because of the stainless steel backs - every once in awhile I find a cheap jelly-bracelet style one that has the backing completely covered by the rubber stuff, but those don't last long.  I wear slacks most of the time due to the difficulty of finding jeans without rivets.  If I wear riveted jeans, I end up with weeping sores on my hips.

Get a leather "bracelet" or cuff and have the watch itself sewn or fastened on with leather straps?

I have a metal strung "bracelet" of tiger's eye beads with a dangling metal watch.  I've seen some watches with interchangeable strings of beads to fasten on at Cato's.  I'm sure a crafty person with an inch wide strap of leather could figure out how to turn it into a bracelet.  Or possibly a wooden or plastic bangle could have a watch inset into it?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #3551 on: January 17, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »

Oh, I get those all the time on my chin(!) thanks to PCOS. Have had them in excess of 2 inches before they have been extractable (they coil really tightly on your face, I've found). YUK.

I get them too, also mostly on the chin. Itís a little gross, but I find it quite satisfying to finally burst them outÖ

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3552 on: January 17, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »

I get them too, also mostly on the chin. Itís a little gross, but I find it quite satisfying to finally burst them outÖ

The longer the hair the more satisfying it is!  ;D
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #3553 on: January 17, 2013, 04:43:21 PM »

The longer the hair the more satisfying it is!  ;D

Yep!

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3554 on: January 17, 2013, 06:58:03 PM »
I am allergic to all metals not gold. Which leads to another issue, I can't wear a medical alert bracelet stating allergies to penicillin, shellfish and metal. Well I could wear one, but I can't afford a gold one. However, I do enjoy this metal allergy, because when I have surgery, no staples!!

I can wear a watch, but for some reason, only a Timex, with a leather band, and it has to be waterproof. The back of that doesn't bother me, but I will get a mark from the little windy thing.

I had a beautiful gold plated wedding set, that I loved. I got the worst contact dermatitis from it, I have scar on my finger.

Since I don't wear earrings, I get this weird semifirm pussy stuff out of the holes, from both the front and back sides.

This site has leather bands that seem to keep metal from touching your skin.

http://www.americanmedical-id.com/marketplace/category_viewall.php?shopby=1

This is awesome, thanks so much. They aren't that expensive either, which I like.