Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 743111 times)

wonderfullyanonymous

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3555 on: January 17, 2013, 06:58:03 PM »
I am allergic to all metals not gold. Which leads to another issue, I can't wear a medical alert bracelet stating allergies to penicillin, shellfish and metal. Well I could wear one, but I can't afford a gold one. However, I do enjoy this metal allergy, because when I have surgery, no staples!!

I can wear a watch, but for some reason, only a Timex, with a leather band, and it has to be waterproof. The back of that doesn't bother me, but I will get a mark from the little windy thing.

I had a beautiful gold plated wedding set, that I loved. I got the worst contact dermatitis from it, I have scar on my finger.

Since I don't wear earrings, I get this weird semifirm pussy stuff out of the holes, from both the front and back sides.

This site has leather bands that seem to keep metal from touching your skin.

http://www.americanmedical-id.com/marketplace/category_viewall.php?shopby=1

This is awesome, thanks so much. They aren't that expensive either, which I like.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3556 on: January 17, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »
You are welcome. I need to order one for myself.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #3557 on: January 17, 2013, 10:30:06 PM »
Today's issue of kitty-barf at my house either included a large identifiable segment of a fairly small rodent, or I need to get some really strong hairball remedy.  Possibly both.

That reminds me of something that happened before I was a Mad Cat Lady.  I liked cats, but I wasn't a Cat Person. 

I was at my BFF's brother's house, we were calling in to make sure his cats were OK as he and his wife were away for the weekend.  We did this quite regularly, we'd make sure they had enough dry food down, give them some wet food as a treat, and sit and play with them for a while.  We're in the UK, so these were indoor/outdoor cats and had free access through the cat flap. 

I put my jacket on the (wide) windowsill when we arrived and it was promptly sat on by a cat.  That wasn't a problem.  Then the cat started making Very Odd Noises.  And promptly deposited a decomposing mouse onto the middle of my cream jacket. 

The jacket went into the bin.  I just couldn't even imagine it being clean enough after a boil wash.

Now I'm a mad cat lady, I'd probably just pick up the mouse, brush off the rest of the detritus and put the jacket on.

I know I'm behind, but this reminded me of The Flying Mouse Affair: http://heresluck.dreamwidth.org/319547.html. Far more funny than gross, but a cat does eat a rodent.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
« Reply #3558 on: January 17, 2013, 10:59:15 PM »
Last night, about 2:30 am, I heard Lexi, the Mama Dog wandering around the main floor of the house.  She's not supposed to be in that area, and we have a 5 foot tall gate stretched across the doorway to the laundry room to keep her in overnight.  Anyway, knowing that she generally gets into trouble if she wanders at night, I raced upstairs to see what she was up to.  She had apparently decided not to go outside (she can get into the garage, and from there can go outside) and decided to poop right in the middle of the living room floor.  This was the biggest dog poop I've ever seen.  And it was mushy.  I swear the poop blob was bigger than two puppies combined (and they're almost 3 week old Goldens, so not tiny). Cleaning up doggie diarrhea at 2:30 in the morning is not my idea of a good time.

When a 140-lb golden retriever/great Pyrenees mix has an upset tummy and ends up pooing in the house, you KNOW as soon as you walk in the door - it's not a matter of if, it's where, and always in e most unused and inaccessible room in the house.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3559 on: January 17, 2013, 11:02:07 PM »
One of my classmates farted in the shop yesterday and it smelled so bad that I threw up in my mouth.  :'(

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
« Reply #3560 on: January 17, 2013, 11:25:18 PM »
My mom just got over a nasty bout with pneumonia. She is on breathing treatments and it is breaking up the congestion in her chest.

The other day, she calls to tell me in detail just exactly how well her treatments are working. Eeeeew.

Ick. this just reminded me of the last time I was sick, with a nasty respiratory infection. Let's just say I was amazed at the a. volume and b. rainbow of stuff in my lungs. Disgusting!

If you want to see a rainbow, let a large dog eat a large box of crayons... Or so I have been told...

greencat

« Reply #3561 on: January 17, 2013, 11:38:42 PM »
My mom just got over a nasty bout with pneumonia. She is on breathing treatments and it is breaking up the congestion in her chest.

The other day, she calls to tell me in detail just exactly how well her treatments are working. Eeeeew.

Ick. this just reminded me of the last time I was sick, with a nasty respiratory infection. Let's just say I was amazed at the a. volume and b. rainbow of stuff in my lungs. Disgusting!

If you want to see a rainbow, let a large dog eat a large box of crayons... Or so I have been told...

My dog managed to process a full rainbow of tape colors in one afternoon after treating the well-stocked tape drawer of my tool box as a snack bar.  I didn't realize it until I saw what was coming out of her at the dog park...

Other days it would come out sparkly and I'd realize she'd manage to eat a CD/DVD again.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
« Reply #3562 on: January 17, 2013, 11:42:50 PM »
I just want you guys to know that I am up to Dec 2012 right now, reading at the pub, and am seriously considering ordering dessert.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
« Reply #3563 on: January 17, 2013, 11:56:42 PM »
I just want you guys to know that I am up to Dec 2012 right now, reading at the pub, and am seriously considering ordering dessert.

And I did... Don't want to stop reading...

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3564 on: January 18, 2013, 06:38:52 AM »

I worked in the kitchen yesterday (not my usual assignment) and like sometimes happens in my job, I got to talking to a few inmates about prison murders...and just kept eating as we talked about the blood everywhere. I didn't realize I was still eating until one of them pointed out it. I shrugged and said, "Murder makes me hungry. Be careful."
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3565 on: January 18, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »

I know I'm behind, but this reminded me of The Flying Mouse Affair: http://heresluck.dreamwidth.org/319547.html. Far more funny than gross, but a cat does eat a rodent.

This was hysterical. I could actually visualize the cats and "parent" having this conversation.

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3566 on: January 18, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »
The jacket went into the bin.  I just couldn't even imagine it being clean enough after a boil wash.

Nooooo! Cold wash for cat vomit, blood, poo,  other vomit and biological stains!

Why yes, that is the voice of experience...
NE England

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3567 on: January 18, 2013, 01:33:58 PM »

I worked in the kitchen yesterday (not my usual assignment) and like sometimes happens in my job, I got to talking to a few inmates about prison murders...and just kept eating as we talked about the blood everywhere. I didn't realize I was still eating until one of them pointed out it. I shrugged and said, "Murder makes me hungry. Be careful."

:D

greencat

« Reply #3568 on: January 18, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »

Nooooo! Cold wash for cat vomit, blood, poo,  other vomit and biological stains!

Nope.  Biologicals get tossed in the bathtub and soaked in Oxyclean before being rinsed and then sent through the hot water wash cycle.  Intact tomcat urine gets an additional soak in Mr. Clean Plus Febreeze floor cleaner.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3569 on: January 18, 2013, 05:02:14 PM »

Nope.  Biologicals get tossed in the bathtub and soaked in Oxyclean before being rinsed and then sent through the hot water wash cycle.  Intact tomcat urine gets an additional soak in Mr. Clean Plus Febreeze floor cleaner.

The cold suggestion is because it doesn't allow the stain to set; cold water gets blood out better than hot water does.  The hot is to "disinfect".
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.