Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 606286 times)

diesel_darlin

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3615 on: February 01, 2013, 04:01:11 PM »
Oh ok! I get it now! HAHAH!

He would have been proud to claim it, huh? Musta been a good one!  :o

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3616 on: February 01, 2013, 04:58:43 PM »
Oh, it was.  The IBS gives me some doozies.   :P
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3617 on: February 01, 2013, 05:00:30 PM »
My dad has IBS. He gets ripe quite a bit!  :-X

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #3618 on: February 01, 2013, 05:07:03 PM »
I get some doozies too, if I've eaten the wrong thing, and mine are side effects from my gastric bypass surgery 3 and half years ago. I posted one earlier on in the thread, I'll find it again and re-post it. And here it is, straight from another forum I post on, I just copied it from there.

As I'm sure many of you know, my best friend and I went to Florida for my birthday in November, (and I am going thru Disney withdrawals now), but I live to tell the story that WLS gas kills small children, lol.

Other than the fact that I "treated" Bethany all week with some stinkers (and she had to chase me around the room with air freshener, lol), I made a family in the aptly named "Pooh" ride line up gag and make comments, but what comes next is a doozy!

It was our last night at the parks, and we were on the shuttle back to our resort after Extra Magic Hours, we were both tired and achy from being on our feet all day, and it was dark on the bus, being after midnight, so I let a silent but TOXIC one rip, lol, and these southern guys decided they would comment on it, and Bethany and I were just CRACKING up over their comments, until the automated announcement to take small children by the hand, when one of the guys said "the children are dead, the smell suffocated them!", by that time we were CRYING and doubled over busting a gut laughing, it was even funnier with the southern accent.

I had to share that story with you all, especially you newbies and pre-ops, that post wls gas IS deadly enough to kill small children!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:08:51 PM by Julia Mercer »

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3619 on: February 01, 2013, 05:11:56 PM »
Speaking of IBS...

Yesterday morning, I woke up from REM and shuffled into the bathroom for my morning routine.  I sat down on the toilet, pulled up E-Hell on my phone, and did my business.  I got entrenched in what I was reading but gradually began to notice a stench.  It smelled exactly like dog poo.  My work boots are in the bathroom*, so I reached for those and checked the bottoms.  Nope, hadn't stepped in it.  I kept trying to figure out what smelled like dog poo, thinking surely it couldn't have been me.  Well, E-Hell, it is definitely possible for a human to produce dog poo smells.  I did it later that day, too.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3620 on: February 01, 2013, 05:16:20 PM »
DF made some incredible enchiladas the other night, the gas I had from them the next day was "nightmare on elm street" awful, at best. I was making my own eyes burn.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3621 on: February 01, 2013, 08:00:30 PM »
I am sick, so I have had spells of hungriness, but I am mostly just maintaining necessary calories. However, whatever this sinus drainage + Tamiflu is doing to me, is creating awful results.

DH fled rooms every day this week.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3622 on: February 02, 2013, 08:53:13 AM »
On a similar vein, whenever someone in our house has a cold or the flu, either my dad or myself will make a big pot of chicken soup.  For some odd reason, after consuming the soup, our farts smell exactly like chicken soup.  :o  Either that, or chicken soup smells like farts.  Meh. 

Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just us?

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #3623 on: February 03, 2013, 04:31:39 PM »
I make my own sauerkraut. The current batch has been fermenting for about 2 months now, and it had been a month since I last lifted lid of the crock before I scooped some out last night for dinner. The smell of the gases escaping when I opened the lid was... unreal. DH described as a sewer backing up. An hour later the air still smelled like someone with gastronomic issues had let one rip. :o

On the plus side, the sauerkraut was tangy and delicious!
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #3624 on: February 04, 2013, 11:15:46 AM »
Between the cat and kids, I just can't get away from vomit. 

Yesterday was clean sheet day.  I love clean sheet day.  And I have the cleanest sheets ever because while I was in the middle of making my bed, the cat jumped up and tossed up a lovely, slimy hairball all over the still-warm-from-the-dryer fitted sheet.

Thanks buddy.  At least it wasn't mixed with food.   ::)

I know it's relatively tame but can I go more than a day without having to deal with someone's stomach contents?  Is that too much to ask?   :P

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3625 on: February 04, 2013, 11:26:51 AM »
I make my own sauerkraut. The current batch has been fermenting for about 2 months now, and it had been a month since I last lifted lid of the crock before I scooped some out last night for dinner. The smell of the gases escaping when I opened the lid was... unreal. DH described as a sewer backing up. An hour later the air still smelled like someone with gastronomic issues had let one rip. :o

On the plus side, the sauerkraut was tangy and delicious!

Homemade sauerkraut? Awesome! :D

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #3626 on: February 04, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »
Between the cat and kids, I just can't get away from vomit. 

Yesterday was clean sheet day.  I love clean sheet day.  And I have the cleanest sheets ever because while I was in the middle of making my bed, the cat jumped up and tossed up a lovely, slimy hairball all over the still-warm-from-the-dryer fitted sheet.

Thanks buddy.  At least it wasn't mixed with food.   ::)

I know it's relatively tame but can I go more than a day without having to deal with someone's stomach contents?  Is that too much to ask?   :P

See, with me it's poop. DP's ostomy, the dog, my own metformin side effects.... poop poop poop all day long. And there's not even an infant in the house!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3627 on: February 05, 2013, 12:12:35 PM »
Told to me by a manager at work last night. We have small wastebaskets in each of our fitting rooms, smaller than a bucket. Each one also has a very flimsy plastic liner. Apparently when cleaning up the store the other night, they found a bag, filled with pee, off to the side. As if someone had used it as a toilet, and then taken the bag and tied it up.

A. we have a public restroom IN the store, not 30 feet from there, and b. they were very lucky that it didn't leak or burst, since the bags are quite flimsy.

I said maybe it was a child, and the parent just let them go there, rather than take them to the bathroom.  and the manager said there had been a family in, with a teen girl who had special needs, and actually got physical with several other customers, grabbing them, pinching, etc.. The manager then told the mother she MUST keep her child with her. So perhaps while with her, but not keeping a close eye on her, she used that as a toilet.

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3628 on: February 05, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »
The Eagle had such a terrible migraine last night that he woke up me with his vomiting.  When I asked him if he was OK, he told me he would be but that he was turned off from our homemade jerky for awhile because puking up it was not only disgusting but painful.  Did I mention that our homemade jerky is very, very spicy?

That's not even the worst part.  I woke up before him and stumbled into the bathroom with a full bladder only to discover that the bathroom trashcan was full of vomit.  It reeked.

That's not even the worst part.  Yesterday morning, I had been using distilled white vinegar to clean the bathroom.  Our faucet has a lot of calcium build up on it, so I had a vinegar soaked rag wrapped tightly around it.  Additionally, the drain has quite a bit of build up on it, too, so I had it plugged and had a cup or two of vinegar in the sink.

That's still not the worst part.  Somehow, the Eagle had closed the bathroom door before he had returned to the couch (I'm assuming to keep the dogs out).

Can you imagine what a small room with a furnace smells like when it has been stewing spicy jerky vomit and white vinegar all night?  I don't have to imagine it because now I know.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

ebrochu

« Reply #3629 on: February 05, 2013, 04:55:37 PM »
I've been debating adding this one since my surgery, but I guess given the squirrel puddles and the vomit and everything else, it's not too bad.

Please be warned though, it has to do with feminine times of the month, and what happens when you spend a lot of time...laying down. I'll leave some space so if you don't want to read it, you have time to get away!  ;D

I had had my period about 11 days before my laparoscopic surgery for my endometriosis and cyst, and was counting myself quite lucky for it. No having to worry, I could concentrate on healing!

Well, I found out that having my uterus manhandled to remove adhesions caused me to have a a FULL second period, withing the time I was in the hospital. Which was actually less than 24 hours. Except, I was in a reclined position for most of this time, so while I had an industrial diaper pad on, nothing was...moving.

You don't know humility until you're laying on your back, with two nurses between your legs, diaper pad pulled off and them pulling clots out of your hoo-haa.

After this, I was actually able to get up and move about, so I was able to go to the washroom and they moved on their own. Still passed two that were bigger than the size of softballs. OY!