Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 788962 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3630 on: February 05, 2013, 06:30:29 PM »
Oooh, I hate "the pain is in your head".

YES, the pain is in my head.  It's interpreted by my BRAIN.  Which lives IN MY HEAD.  Pain, by *definition*, is in the head.  I can't take a doctor seriously who doesn't know that!

Bluenomi

« Reply #3631 on: February 05, 2013, 08:11:57 PM »
I've been debating adding this one since my surgery, but I guess given the squirrel puddles and the vomit and everything else, it's not too bad.

Please be warned though, it has to do with feminine times of the month, and what happens when you spend a lot of time...laying down. I'll leave some space so if you don't want to read it, you have time to get away!  ;D

I had had my period about 11 days before my laparoscopic surgery for my endometriosis and cyst, and was counting myself quite lucky for it. No having to worry, I could concentrate on healing!

Well, I found out that having my uterus manhandled to remove adhesions caused me to have a a FULL second period, withing the time I was in the hospital. Which was actually less than 24 hours. Except, I was in a reclined position for most of this time, so while I had an industrial diaper pad on, nothing was...moving.

You don't know humility until you're laying on your back, with two nurses between your legs, diaper pad pulled off and them pulling clots out of your hoo-haa.

After this, I was actually able to get up and move about, so I was able to go to the washroom and they moved on their own. Still passed two that were bigger than the size of softballs. OY!

I had a similar issue after giving birth. Got stuck lying down in bed for a good 15 hours after she was born, finally was able to get up stagger to the bathroom and swoosh! Everything that had been sitting came out all at once. Thank goodness the midwives are used to it cause the bathroom looked like a bloodbath.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3632 on: February 05, 2013, 08:29:28 PM »

Jack stand - 1

Me - 0.

It doesnt look that bad, but it is DEEP.

purplebunny

« Reply #3633 on: February 05, 2013, 09:38:30 PM »
I've been debating adding this one since my surgery, but I guess given the squirrel puddles and the vomit and everything else, it's not too bad.

Please be warned though, it has to do with feminine times of the month, and what happens when you spend a lot of time...laying down. I'll leave some space so if you don't want to read it, you have time to get away!  ;D

I had had my period about 11 days before my laparoscopic surgery for my endometriosis and cyst, and was counting myself quite lucky for it. No having to worry, I could concentrate on healing!

Well, I found out that having my uterus manhandled to remove adhesions caused me to have a a FULL second period, withing the time I was in the hospital. Which was actually less than 24 hours. Except, I was in a reclined position for most of this time, so while I had an industrial diaper pad on, nothing was...moving.

You don't know humility until you're laying on your back, with two nurses between your legs, diaper pad pulled off and them pulling clots out of your hoo-haa.

After this, I was actually able to get up and move about, so I was able to go to the washroom and they moved on their own. Still passed two that were bigger than the size of softballs. OY!

I had a post-partum hemorrhage after giving birth. Every time the nurses palpated my uterus I would shoot a softball sized clot across the room. My mom thought she was going to get hit with one of them!

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #3634 on: February 07, 2013, 04:21:11 PM »

I had a similar issue after giving birth. Got stuck lying down in bed for a good 15 hours after she was born, finally was able to get up stagger to the bathroom and swoosh! Everything that had been sitting came out all at once. Thank goodness the midwives are used to it cause the bathroom looked like a bloodbath.

I had a similar experience.  It looked like a murder scene right out of CSI.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3635 on: February 07, 2013, 08:10:20 PM »
Okay...this really is kind of gross.  And funny.  And...yeah, it's just weird. 

This morning, I took Daisy (our Boxer) out to do her business, and she did this weird hop with her back end and glanced over her shoulder.  I thought she stepped on a small clump of half-melted snow, and paid it no mind.  Then she did it again, only it was three hops, and she looked up at me as if to say "What the heck is back there?!"  So, I looked.  And, apparently, dogs can get "ladies issues" as well, because there was a whitish string of mucus, about an inch long, dangling from her hoo-hah.  I had to get it off with a leaf.  She scooted when we went back in, too.  I couldn't help it.  As grossed out as I was, I was laughing.  Fortunately, the vet says it's nothing to worry about.

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #3636 on: February 08, 2013, 10:10:34 AM »
My dog puked three different times in the span of 10 minutes at an hour I prefer to not even know exists (I think it was around 5am). That’s actually not the gross part, considering I managed to ninja a dirty towel underneath him all three times to catch it.

The gross part is that it seems like he threw up one other time while we humans were asleep—while he was in bed, under the covers, right between us. And we didn’t realize it until we woke up and had clearly rolled through it.

mmswm

« Reply #3637 on: February 08, 2013, 11:40:31 AM »
I walked into my brother's room this morning to find it half paved in old, bloody band aids.  Boys are gross.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #3638 on: February 08, 2013, 02:54:27 PM »
My dog puked three different times in the span of 10 minutes at an hour I prefer to not even know exists (I think it was around 5am). That’s actually not the gross part, considering I managed to ninja a dirty towel underneath him all three times to catch it.

The gross part is that it seems like he threw up one other time while we humans were asleep—while he was in bed, under the covers, right between us. And we didn’t realize it until we woke up and had clearly rolled through it.

EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!   

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #3639 on: February 13, 2013, 09:18:57 PM »
My Zoe-Kitty was "great with child" We were gonna get kittens and we were gonna get them SOON. (It was her first litter of three. In my defense I was about 11 and my mom should've gotten my darn cat fixed. I finally got a birthday check and got it done myself.)

But Zoe decided, rather than use the comfey box in the nice dark, secluded closet to have kittens, she would choose her own birth center... right in my crossed legs while I tried to watch TV. I looked down and told my mom "Umm... Zoe's butt is blowing a bubble." The bubble of course contained a kitten. Everytime I tried to put her down she would howl and claw her way back into my arms, kitten hanging out or not. So I finally resigned myself to holding a half-slimey (and the WORST half of her slimey) cat and putting her kittens on a towel spread out on the bed beside me.

Four kitten bubbles later (they all came out in a weird kitty-bubble that we had to pop with our fingers and peel away from the kitten. Zoe wanted nothing to do with kittens bubbles, but she liked kittens just fine.) we had a cute litter of five and Zoe finally allowed me to stop holding her and went to caring for her kittens. I complained about this experience to my mom (Who just thought it was funny.) and she promised that Zoe was just "new" to being a mommy and this wouldn't happen ever again.

It happened twice more. Same verse, same as first except the second time was three, and the thrid was TEN. Best birthday gift i ever gave myself was an escape from kitten bubbles.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3640 on: February 13, 2013, 09:27:51 PM »
My Zoe-Kitty was "great with child" We were gonna get kittens and we were gonna get them SOON. (It was her first litter of three. In my defense I was about 11 and my mom should've gotten my darn cat fixed. I finally got a birthday check and got it done myself.)

But Zoe decided, rather than use the comfey box in the nice dark, secluded closet to have kittens, she would choose her own birth center... right in my crossed legs while I tried to watch TV. I looked down and told my mom "Umm... Zoe's butt is blowing a bubble." The bubble of course contained a kitten. Everytime I tried to put her down she would howl and claw her way back into my arms, kitten hanging out or not. So I finally resigned myself to holding a half-slimey (and the WORST half of her slimey) cat and putting her kittens on a towel spread out on the bed beside me.

Four kitten bubbles later (they all came out in a weird kitty-bubble that we had to pop with our fingers and peel away from the kitten. Zoe wanted nothing to do with kittens bubbles, but she liked kittens just fine.) we had a cute litter of five and Zoe finally allowed me to stop holding her and went to caring for her kittens. I complained about this experience to my mom (Who just thought it was funny.) and she promised that Zoe was just "new" to being a mommy and this wouldn't happen ever again.

It happened twice more. Same verse, same as first except the second time was three, and the thrid was TEN. Best birthday gift i ever gave myself was an escape from kitten bubbles.

I lost it at kitten bubbles.  ;D

We had a cat that appeared on my Grandmas back porch. Well little did we know that this cat came with baggage. She was pregnant. One morning she started meowing loudly and pacing back and forth. I was around your age I think, maybe 11. My younger sister starts looking at that cat and runs screaming through the house waking everyone up. "MOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM something is stuck in the cat's butt!" Our cat was nice enough not to deliver in anyone's lap, but she did deliver right in the middle of the living room floor.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3641 on: February 13, 2013, 09:53:49 PM »

I'm hesitant to ask because I don't want to insult you...but now that you're older, you realize what those "kitten bubbles" are, right?  I feel like you were telling it as if you were 11 again, but at the same time...I don't know, I'm sorry if this is insulting.

My Great Pyrenees/Siberian Husky mix decided that she was going to give birth underneath my parents' queen four poster bed.  My mom had to work, my dad had to work, and it was about 0400 that she decided to go into labor.  My parents woke up me and said, "Talula is going into labor, go take care of her, you're not going to school today, and now we're going to sleep in your bed." in so many words.  I had to carry the mattresses out of the room and slowly/quietly take apart the bed frame so I could help her as she had just (less than a week before) had a titanium hit put in due to being run over by a car (she was sleeping under it in the shade and was too pregnant to get up quickly when the fellow started it).  She gave birth 6 out of 8 times with her head in my lap.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #3642 on: February 13, 2013, 11:20:39 PM »
Several years ago I got sick, really sick, and quickly pulled into the parking lot of a store, RAN inside, begged to use their employee restroom and someone pointed the way.  I just made it.  I'll let it go at that. ::)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3643 on: February 14, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
My favorite dessert is rice pudding.  I just love the stuff.  So I found a good rice cooker recipe for the stuff, and back in late December (just before my car accident), I made up a batch.  It tasted great, but the rice was crunchy-ish.  I resolved to see what I could do to improve it, then the accident happened and it slipped my mind.

Well, yesterday, I opted to improve it, and set to work.  Only I couldn't find the container for it.  Well, I finally found it.  It was still in the bottom drawer of the fridge.  Filled with rice pudding*.  See that asterisk?  That means it requires a qualifier.  What was once rice pudding now smelled much closer to rice yogurt.  And I'm pretty sure rice pudding is supposed to be white with little flecks of cinnamon brown in it.  Not teal.  My pudding-creature was TEAL.  I'd never even seen teal food before that!

At least after thoroughly scrubbing the container, this batch came out much better.  Still needs a little more milk and sugar, but it's a vast improvement over teal rice yogurt.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3644 on: February 14, 2013, 09:47:37 AM »
I had our first pregnant kitty wake me up - when I picked her up and stood up, something landed on the floor.....Lil Sis and I got up & put her in the box in the closet where she was supposed to be having her litter, instead of in bed on my nightgown......

We had no idea which of the kittens was the one that slid off my nightgown onto the floor later - so I guess "kitten bubbles" bounce.

Her next litter she started while we were coming home from Christmas out of town. When the door opened, she met us with a kitten in her mouth to show us - had another one, and was quite confused as to how to get two kittens back to their safe box....Mom carried one (with Momma Cat keeping an eye on the human) while she carried the other back to the delivery box.....

At least she was reliable about having litters of four or five - no batches of TEN to find home for!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?