Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 601997 times)

diesel_darlin

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3660 on: February 16, 2013, 12:19:07 AM »
Elevator farts. Love it! ;D

Carotte

« Reply #3661 on: February 16, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »
This thread reminds me that I would often like to have a book describing all the substances that can come out of your body and if it's normal or not. I'm sure there's plenty of medical books for the professionals but I'm not, and I'm too squeamish to do an internet research yet not concerned enough to go see a doctor about it..

This thread also reminded me to go clean my bellybutton from the dead skin building up. Nothing really gross for this thread too.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #3662 on: February 16, 2013, 08:06:37 PM »
Our new tenants just won the "most unflappable" award. I wasn't there for the discovery, but am sorry I missed it.

The Sweetie was doing the walk-through with them a little while ago. Everything was normal, until they rounded the back shed and found a dead peahen*.  Very dead - skeletonized with feathers. The Sweetie said she'd take care of it, but ex-Marine tenant said, "No, I'll get it."

I arrived in time to see him taking a bulging trash sack to the trash.

*there are feral peafowl in the neighborhood.
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3663 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:16 AM »
And another thing I'm sorry I missed: Boojum the Home Repair kitten cleaned out the bathroom sink drain. She fished out a huge wad of hair and gunk.

The Sweetie threw the wad away, but I saw the streaks in the sink. Quite impressive.

Good job, Boojum!
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #3664 on: February 18, 2013, 12:11:15 PM »
And another thing I'm sorry I missed: Boojum the Home Repair kitten cleaned out the bathroom sink drain. She fished out a huge wad of hair and gunk.

The Sweetie threw the wad away, but I saw the streaks in the sink. Quite impressive.

Good job, Boojum!

Does Boojum do house calls?

Carotte

« Reply #3665 on: February 18, 2013, 12:43:45 PM »

Good job, Boojum!

I have a medium to strong gag reflex to a few things, shower drain wad of hair used to be one of them. I'll still so it reluctantly tho but if it's my hair then I'm the one who should do it, not the poor Innocent short-haired people of the household...
still, yurk.

(gag reflex still on for moderately smelly trashcan, raw meat and things like seafood- I can handle all of them now but it's no party)

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3666 on: February 18, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »
Okay, so, today the dog's anal glands leaked on my brother's bed, leaving a spot about two inches in diameter.  And trust me, it reeked.  I'm a little ashamed to say that I laughed myself into tears at the way my brother carried on about it.  This isn't as cruel as it sounds.  He's a notorious ham, and was playing it up for laughs.  The poor dog, on the other hand, looked morbidly embarrassed. 

Don't worry, she wasn't scolded.  My brother actually found out when he saw how guilty she looked, and he went over to investigate.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:40:07 PM by CrochetFanatic »

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3667 on: February 18, 2013, 07:29:16 PM »

Good job, Boojum!

Does Boojum do house calls?

No, which is your loss. She's pretty good at drywall, too!

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3668 on: February 18, 2013, 09:43:52 PM »
I really should have taken pictures of what I had to endure yesterday. I found out that ice cream that was in a freezer that had gotten unplugged has the consistency of snot.

BLERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3669 on: February 19, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »
When the Real Midnight Kitty was alive, she liked to jump in the dryer.  We don't need to talk about the time I didn't see her in there and started the dryer (MK was not hurt).  I tried to get her interested in removing the lint that got past the lint screen.  It was an old dryer.  I would remove the lint screen, then use a chopstick to dig more lint out so it would not clog the outlet.  Midnight would intently supervise this operation, but I was unable to get her to use that clever, slender paw to reach down and remove the lint.

BTW - MK was the only cat I've met who figured out how to swivel her claw around and use it as an opposable thumb.  I've seen her pick up a crumpled ball of paper with one paw, then toss it in the air and attack it when it landed.  She was smart and beautiful, but had a lousy sense of humor.  Like most cats, she did not like it when the joke was on her. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3670 on: February 19, 2013, 07:57:19 PM »
Starting around 11 am today, my throat has constantly felt like I have a slime waterfall coating it. Not a nice feeling.

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #3671 on: February 20, 2013, 10:50:31 AM »
Starting around 11 am today, my throat has constantly felt like I have a slime waterfall coating it. Not a nice feeling.

I hear you. You do not want to see what I've been coughing up the past couple of days. One ball of phlem was so large, it refused to go down the drain in the bathroom sink (spitting in there seemed like a good thought at the time).

I hate this time of year. Sinus problems are horrid.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3672 on: February 20, 2013, 12:13:54 PM »
Started having an asthma attack while eating popcorn.  My mouth was empty, but I breathed in one of those yellow pieces of popcorn kernel that looks like plastic but isn't.  Had a coughing fit.  Coughed the piece up into my sinuses.  Blew the piece of popcorn out through my nose when I found myself unable to snort it back.  My mother asked me if I'd peed myself.  I reminded her that I hadn't given birth twice, and coughing doesn't result in that for me.  She said "Oh." and laughed at me for a good two minutes.

Me: *to my brother, deadpan* Help me, I'm going insane.
Brother: *turns and grins* Let me know when you get there.  I'll give you the guided tour.
Me:  :o  :)  :D  ;D

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3673 on: February 20, 2013, 01:45:22 PM »
Me: *to my brother, deadpan* Help me, I'm going insane.
My DH always replies, "Short trip." >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3674 on: February 21, 2013, 03:30:27 AM »
Mine just says "Going?"  ;D
NE England