Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 607731 times)

Reika

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3705 on: March 10, 2013, 06:17:41 PM »
Since the bug that hit me earlier this week hasn't gone away, I went to the doctor who gave me glorious drugs that are starting to get rid of the bug and it's side effects. Such as what feels like the massive amount of phlegm that was just sitting in my chest.

Last night I coughed a bit, felt stuff shift around, coughed again then horked up a wad of gunk that looked like a small slug. While I was thoroughly grossed out by what came out of me, it felt good at the same time.

EMuir

« Reply #3706 on: March 10, 2013, 07:48:47 PM »
I really wish we had a Like button for posts, I enjoy this thread so much!

Possible gross out is coming... We decided to keep our harvested carrots fresh by putting them downstairs in a plastic tub of damp peat moss.  Did it work?  I don't know, we totally forgot about them for two years.  This spring I may open that tub... Or just toss it.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #3707 on: March 10, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »

Possible gross out is coming... We decided to keep our harvested carrots fresh by putting them downstairs in a plastic tub of damp peat moss.  Did it work?  I don't know, we totally forgot about them for two years.  This spring I may open that tub... Or just toss it.

Oh, please open it.  And let us know! >:D
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Reika

« Reply #3708 on: March 10, 2013, 09:23:59 PM »

Only do it outside so it doesn't stink up the entire house. But morbid minds want to know! :)

mmswm

« Reply #3709 on: March 10, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »

Only do it outside so it doesn't stink up the entire house. But morbid minds want to know! :)

Add me to the list of people who Must Know!  Also, if it's really ewwy-gooey, please take a picture. :D

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3710 on: March 10, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »
I've been tasting & feeling the "contents" of a crypt in my tonsils for the last few days.  Last night I woke up with a pea size lump of something that I was glad it was too dark to see sitting in my mouth.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

magicdomino

« Reply #3711 on: March 11, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »

I double-dog dare you.   >:D

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #3712 on: March 11, 2013, 10:14:41 AM »

(sorry, I've gotta do this.....)

I triple-dog dare you!   >:D    >:D    >:D

deadbody

« Reply #3713 on: March 11, 2013, 10:31:45 AM »

I will beg if thats what it takes.

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #3714 on: March 11, 2013, 12:57:11 PM »

Readingchick created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3715 on: March 11, 2013, 01:23:56 PM »
I have a horrible blockage in my left ear, which leads to nausea and dizziness. This ear ache combined with a sinus headache led me to miss two days of work last week.

I am back to work, but have an olive sized lump where the blockage is. I am showing it off too.  :D

Jloreli

« Reply #3716 on: March 13, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »
A couple of years ago my very generous farmer neighbor invited me to take all the winter squash I wanted since market season was done and the rest were destined for his cows. So I purchased a BIG plastic tub, the sort you fill with ice and canned/bottle beverages....has rope handles. I carefully put the squash in with newspaper between the layers so no squash were touching lest they rot prematurely. Carried the whole heaping arrangement into my cool dry basement.

And promptly forgot it was there for a year.  :o My heaping tub o'squash had "reduced" to about 3 inches of slime and dissolving newspaper.  :-X :-X :o The smell was horrific! Rot with notes of sulfer and sewer.  :-X And I swear it was twitching and writhing like something was swimming around....something BIG.

I hauled it out while screeching at DH to open doors and get out of my way....still nearly tripped over him as he tried to look at it....LOOK ONCE ITS OUTSIDE!!!!!!

Thank God I didn't drop it!  ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3717 on: March 13, 2013, 04:53:29 PM »
Squash primordial ooze? Did you have new life beginning in your basement?

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3718 on: March 13, 2013, 06:10:35 PM »
I was baking and I thought of this thread.  If you really want to be a good cook, you need a high tolerance for squick.  Tonight we're having burgers, which, as always, means me using ground beef like Play-Doh.   ;D

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3719 on: March 13, 2013, 07:28:14 PM »
A couple of years ago my very generous farmer neighbor invited me to take all the winter squash I wanted since market season was done and the rest were destined for his cows. So I purchased a BIG plastic tub, the sort you fill with ice and canned/bottle beverages....has rope handles. I carefully put the squash in with newspaper between the layers so no squash were touching lest they rot prematurely. Carried the whole heaping arrangement into my cool dry basement.

And promptly forgot it was there for a year.  :o My heaping tub o'squash had "reduced" to about 3 inches of slime and dissolving newspaper.  :-X :-X :o The smell was horrific! Rot with notes of sulfer and sewer.  :-X And I swear it was twitching and writhing like something was swimming around....something BIG.
I think you just proved the theory of "Spontaneous Generation."
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius