Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 696788 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3720 on: March 13, 2013, 08:45:35 PM »
I was baking and I thought of this thread.  If you really want to be a good cook, you need a high tolerance for squick.  Tonight we're having burgers, which, as always, means me using ground beef like Play-Doh.   ;D

Okay, yeah.... I never thought of it that way before! I am never eating meat again and will subsist on veggies and leafy greens.

...which comes out of the dirt.  You know, where the bugs and the worms live.  And as for fertilizer, it's shhhhhsurely going to help the plants grow!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3721 on: March 13, 2013, 08:52:41 PM »
I was baking and I thought of this thread.  If you really want to be a good cook, you need a high tolerance for squick.  Tonight we're having burgers, which, as always, means me using ground beef like Play-Doh.   ;D

Okay, yeah.... I never thought of it that way before! I am never eating meat again and will subsist on veggies and leafy greens.

...which comes out of the dirt.  You know, where the bugs and the worms live.  And as for fertilizer, it's shhhhhsurely going to help the plants grow!

Okay correction... I am never eating again... ever.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3722 on: March 13, 2013, 09:05:03 PM »
We'll see how long that lasts.  :-*

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3723 on: March 13, 2013, 09:10:56 PM »

Okay correction... I am never eating again... ever.
Eat modern food.  It's safe.  It's made of chemicals!  >:D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

mmswm

« Reply #3724 on: March 22, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »
I didn't realize it was possible for a 10lb dog to hork up a puke ball the size of a medium sized rat.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #3725 on: March 22, 2013, 05:22:16 PM »
Y'all are gonna be jealous but when I get home, I get to extract a giant wad of wax and...something from my kids ear. 

(actually, I think some of you really will be jealous... ;D)

We went a whole week without someone barfing but DD7 did wake up with a swollen, crusty eye on Tuesday.  Thankfully, that was remedied in about a day with some good drops.

Can we just end the plague already?

Snooks

« Reply #3726 on: March 22, 2013, 06:27:40 PM »
Y'all are gonna be jealous but when I get home, I get to extract a giant wad of wax and...something from my kids ear. 

(actually, I think some of you really will be jealous... ;D)

Pictures, pictures, pictures...

Elisabunny

« Reply #3727 on: March 22, 2013, 06:43:51 PM »
The bathroom sink was draining slowly, so I got out a fondue fork and started poking around.  Oh my goodness.  The giant wad of hair and slime I pulled out. :P
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3728 on: March 22, 2013, 08:56:19 PM »
The bathroom sink was draining slowly, so I got out a fondue fork and started poking around.  Oh my goodness.  The giant wad of hair and slime I pulled out. :P

Okay.  Fondue night at Elisabunny's?  CANCELLED.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3729 on: March 22, 2013, 09:17:30 PM »

Okay.  Fondue night at Elisabunny's?  CANCELLED.

Now now... maybe we can run the fondue fork through that machine that they ran the squirrel tongs through where Vorbau works?

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3730 on: March 22, 2013, 09:49:30 PM »

I need to do this as well. I'm putting it off since I have seen the clumps of hair all over teh bathroom, so I can only imagine what's down the drain. BLECH.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3731 on: March 22, 2013, 10:25:44 PM »
Not nearly as gross as many things on here, but I know this is totally going to squick some people.

Imagine approximately 60 pairs of recreation shoes that have the potential to be lent out 6 times a day for about an hour to two hours at a time.  They are only ever rented by men (yes, I'm using a stereotype about men's feet).

Earlier this month, I found out they hadn't been washed/sanitized since September.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3732 on: March 22, 2013, 10:45:53 PM »
I have long hair, as does DF. A couple weeks ago, I had given our granddaughter a bath, and after I drained the tub, since I was already on the floor, I pulled the hair out. She kept looking at me, the hair and the drain.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3733 on: March 22, 2013, 11:06:54 PM »
Not nearly as gross as many things on here, but I know this is totally going to squick some people.

Imagine approximately 60 pairs of recreation shoes that have the potential to be lent out 6 times a day for about an hour to two hours at a time.  They are only ever rented by men (yes, I'm using a stereotype about men's feet).

Earlier this month, I found out they hadn't been washed/sanitized since September.
Bowling shoes?  Last time I was in a bowling alley, they spritzed them with a sanitizer (?) or something before they gave them to you.  Is that just something they do to make you believe that they've been sanitized?

Just as well that my fibromyalgia won't let me do things like that anymore...
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #3734 on: March 22, 2013, 11:08:12 PM »

Bowling shoes?  Last time I was in a bowling alley, they spritzed them with a sanitizer (?) or something before they gave them to you.  Is that just something they do to make you believe that they've been sanitized?

Just as well that my fibromyalgia won't let me do things like that anymore...

If I remember correctly MM works in a correctional facility. I'm assuming that she's talking about something from work since she knows that the wearers were all men.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz