Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 744976 times)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3735 on: March 23, 2013, 07:07:56 AM »
Yes, it's from work...they SHOULD be sprayed with sanitizer every time they're returned, but there is no guarantee that happens either.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

snowfire

« Reply #3736 on: March 23, 2013, 10:48:21 PM »
^^^  I'm surprised that those shoes aren't running around under their own power by now!  Bleeecccccchhhhh!

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #3737 on: March 24, 2013, 01:40:36 PM »
A couple of years ago my very generous farmer neighbor invited me to take all the winter squash I wanted since market season was done and the rest were destined for his cows. So I purchased a BIG plastic tub, the sort you fill with ice and canned/bottle beverages....has rope handles. I carefully put the squash in with newspaper between the layers so no squash were touching lest they rot prematurely. Carried the whole heaping arrangement into my cool dry basement.

And promptly forgot it was there for a year.  :o My heaping tub o'squash had "reduced" to about 3 inches of slime and dissolving newspaper.  :-X :-X :o The smell was horrific! Rot with notes of sulfer and sewer.  :-X And I swear it was twitching and writhing like something was swimming around....something BIG.
I think you just proved the theory of "Spontaneous Generation."

I have a fridge and tupperware with leftovers - of course spontaneous generation is a valid theory.

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3738 on: March 24, 2013, 04:00:43 PM »
My mother once opened a cake tin to find what looked like a grey fur hat.

I was a cake...
NE England

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #3739 on: March 24, 2013, 10:17:53 PM »
Y'all are gonna be jealous but when I get home, I get to extract a giant wad of wax and...something from my kids ear. 

(actually, I think some of you really will be jealous... ;D)

Pictures, pictures, pictures...

Sorry, no pictures but it was naaaaasty.  Turns out it was just wax but...ew.  Poor kid, no wonder her ear was bugging her.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3740 on: March 25, 2013, 12:38:39 AM »
One from a friend of mine. She had a blood blister from working with hemp cord. Inside that blood blister was a splinter of hemp. She decided to cut the blister open in order to remove said splinter. That is not the gross part. The gross part was when she tried to remove it, only to find it had partially liquefied and now she cant remove it.

alkira6

« Reply #3741 on: March 25, 2013, 09:01:33 AM »
Most recent grossout - I hurt my little toe on my right foot. It healed over in an incredibly thick scab, about 4xs what you would think it would.  After my bath last night I picked at it and it lifted up in one whole piece and a flood of the foulest green and yellow puss streamed out.  I now have a nicely bandaged crater on that toe.  Oddly enough, the wound never hurt or anything, I just wanted to remove the scab to minimize scarring.

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #3742 on: March 25, 2013, 10:46:10 AM »
This is pretty un-gross compared to some others, but my dog is currently obsessed with eating snotty tissues from the trash.

With the sinus issues weve been having around here lately, those tissues are gross to begin with,  but they are extra gross after being chewed on, soaked with dog saliva, plus having to fish them out from inside the dogs mouth, because he is ignoring "drop it". Of course, that is still better than when he gets ahold of a sanitary napkin. We really need to buy a bathroom trash can with a lid.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #3743 on: March 25, 2013, 10:50:30 AM »
This is pretty un-gross compared to some others, but my dog is currently obsessed with eating snotty tissues from the trash.

With the sinus issues weve been having around here lately, those tissues are gross to begin with,  but they are extra gross after being chewed on, soaked with dog saliva, plus having to fish them out from inside the dogs mouth, because he is ignoring "drop it". Of course, that is still better than when he gets ahold of a sanitary napkin. We really need to buy a bathroom trash can with a lid.

We call our poodle 'Death to Kleenex' for the same reason. He won't chew anything else up - but will decimate a snotty kleenex. Ugh!

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #3744 on: March 25, 2013, 10:57:47 AM »
Back when I had both a dog and a uterus, the dog was death to used "supplies."
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog, Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #3745 on: March 28, 2013, 09:00:29 PM »
This could go in a several places, but since it does have a squick factor, I put it here.

To understand the ending of this story, bear in mind that the parking lot in this story is across the street from a building called the Servus center.

So coworker was working late last night and noticed a strange vehicle in the parking lot.
On closer inspection, a few thing became clear:

1) The vehicle belonged to a well-known, national firm (that works in the same industry as us)
2) That the vehicle was occupied.
3) Visual evidence made it very clear there was a very enthusiastic scrabble game underway. :o

Coworker was all  :o :P and went on his way.
Later, he found a two socks - a man's and a woman's - where the truck was.

Still not sure how they both went home with one bare foot...

Not surprisingly, there was a lot of comment on this event.
One coworker just shook her head and said "Why did they have to use our parking lot? Why couldn't they go across the street to the Cervix center?" ::) :P

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #3746 on: March 29, 2013, 01:28:27 PM »
An almost gross-out at the gym. I was in the hot tub when I saw a young woman approaching from the showers with a razor in her hand. When she saw me, she headed back to the shower. I think we all know where that was headed. Glad I was there.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3747 on: March 30, 2013, 02:18:58 PM »
An almost gross-out at the gym. I was in the hot tub when I saw a young woman approaching from the showers with a razor in her hand. When she saw me, she headed back to the shower. I think we all know where that was headed. Glad I was there.

ewww. why do people think its ok to do stuff like that?  I may have mentioned this before, but years ago, at our summer swim club, i remember seeing an older woman, plucking hairs from her bikini line, while lounging on a deck chair. ewww. I get you don't want them to show, but that's why you check at home!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3748 on: March 30, 2013, 03:01:05 PM »

ewww. why do people think its ok to do stuff like that?  I may have mentioned this before, but years ago, at our summer swim club, i remember seeing an older woman, plucking hairs from her bikini line, while lounging on a deck chair. ewww. I get you don't want them to show, but that's why you check at home!

I... don't think that's what Morticia meant.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3749 on: March 30, 2013, 05:05:20 PM »

I... don't think that's what Morticia meant.

I think they're along the same lines in one sense, though: gross grooming in public.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.