Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 602626 times)

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3750 on: March 30, 2013, 05:05:20 PM »
An almost gross-out at the gym. I was in the hot tub when I saw a young woman approaching from the showers with a razor in her hand. When she saw me, she headed back to the shower. I think we all know where that was headed. Glad I was there.

ewww. why do people think its ok to do stuff like that?  I may have mentioned this before, but years ago, at our summer swim club, i remember seeing an older woman, plucking hairs from her bikini line, while lounging on a deck chair. ewww. I get you don't want them to show, but that's why you check at home!

I... don't think that's what Morticia meant.

I think they're along the same lines in one sense, though: gross grooming in public.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3751 on: March 30, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »
An almost gross-out at the gym. I was in the hot tub when I saw a young woman approaching from the showers with a razor in her hand. When she saw me, she headed back to the shower. I think we all know where that was headed. Glad I was there.

ewww. why do people think its ok to do stuff like that?  I may have mentioned this before, but years ago, at our summer swim club, i remember seeing an older woman, plucking hairs from her bikini line, while lounging on a deck chair. ewww. I get you don't want them to show, but that's why you check at home!

I think they're along the same lines in one sense, though: gross grooming in public.

I interpreted it as approaching a tub full of water with a razor (and its requisite blade), but I could be wrong on that.

Mental Magpie

« Reply #3752 on: March 30, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »

I interpreted it as approaching a tub full of water with a razor (and its requisite blade), but I could be wrong on that.

I don't understand why that would be bad in and of itself; I thought it was bad because she planned to shave in a communal hot tub.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #3753 on: March 30, 2013, 07:24:13 PM »

I don't understand why that would be bad in and of itself; I thought it was bad because she planned to shave in a communal hot tub.

WARNING:  Spoilered text for a reason, view at own risk.
People tend to use tubs of water when they slash their wrists.

The other ideas I've seen make more sense, but like I said, that's how I interpreted it.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Runs with scissors!
« Reply #3754 on: March 30, 2013, 07:57:30 PM »

The other ideas I've seen make more sense, but like I said, that's how I interpreted it.

Shaving her legs in the hot tub would be bad enough......plucking bikini line hairs in public is also nasty.  But using the tub for the other....well, that would be just too disturbing for words.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Mental Magpie

« Reply #3755 on: March 30, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »
Ooooooooooooh, now I see where you were going with that.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3756 on: March 30, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »

I would never think someone going into a PUBLIC area is there to do that.  If a person is going to do that, it's usually in private.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #3757 on: March 31, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »
I really meant she was going to shave. Sorry for the ambiguity.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

Ereine

« Reply #3758 on: April 01, 2013, 02:01:03 AM »
My pool recently got a new sign: no shaving or dyeing hair in the showers.

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #3759 on: April 01, 2013, 08:12:49 AM »
I really meant she was going to shave. Sorry for the ambiguity.

That sets my mind at ease.  :)  Sorry for the non-sequitor, but, well, that WOULD be very disgusting...

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #3760 on: April 01, 2013, 01:40:37 PM »
Yesterday I went to the local Pooch Parade, which had a fabulous group entry with a Walking Dead theme. Four humans, four dogs, all dressed as zombies.

The touch of genius was the mannequin corpse with trailing entrails - which had hot dogs hidden in it, so as they walked, the dogs were devouring the body.
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

Mental Magpie

« Reply #3761 on: April 01, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »
Yesterday I went to the local Pooch Parade, which had a fabulous group entry with a Walking Dead theme. Four humans, four dogs, all dressed as zombies.

The touch of genius was the mannequin corpse with trailing entrails - which had hot dogs hidden in it, so as they walked, the dogs were devouring the body.

AWESOME!

deety

• woodland pixie
  • chunga!
« Reply #3762 on: April 01, 2013, 03:16:54 PM »

EMuir

« Reply #3763 on: April 05, 2013, 12:25:00 AM »
Imagine a large round dog bed, about four feet across, stuffed with cedar shavings.  The dog never actually uses it.

Now imagine you start smelling something odd near it but it's in the same general area as a litter box so you clean the litter and move on.

One day you pick up the bed to clean under it... And it's STIFF.  And that letterbox smell is suddenly times a thousand.

Yep, the cats had been peeing on the dog bed, probably for MONTHS, and the cedar just kept soaking it up.

No commentary on how often we clean under dog beds. ;)

Mental Magpie

« Reply #3764 on: April 05, 2013, 01:34:15 AM »
Imagine a large round dog bed, about four feet across, stuffed with cedar shavings.  The dog never actually uses it.

Now imagine you start smelling something odd near it but it's in the same general area as a litter box so you clean the litter and move on.

One day you pick up the bed to clean under it... And it's STIFF.  And that letterbox smell is suddenly times a thousand.

Yep, the cats had been peeing on the dog bed, probably for MONTHS, and the cedar just kept soaking it up.

No commentary on how often we clean under dog beds. ;)

Probably why the dog wasn't using it...:)