Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 744987 times)

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3780 on: April 15, 2013, 08:45:27 AM »
Partial lizards are worse toys to leave on the floor than Legos.
I think this needs to be embroidered on a sampler. Or tattooed somewhere. :)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #3781 on: April 15, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
Paddy killed and ate an anole yesterday. It was quick enough that I could go "ah well; Nature red in tooth and claw and all that," but slow enough that I could feel guilty about not dispatching the lizard myself.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog, Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3782 on: April 18, 2013, 12:50:09 PM »
Since the weather has gotten a bit warmer, I've noticed an odd smell in my room.  It's almost a urine smell, but the pets don't come in here, and I swear it wasn't me!  Since the ceiling leaked and ruined my old mattress a couple years ago, the air has been rather damp.  I've been burning candles, and I haven't left any food in here.  I went looking for the source, and I just found what I believe to be black mold in the back of my closet and on the window sills.  :P  It would explain the sudden asthma flare-up, among other things.  I'm really hoping this isn't what I think it is, because I know it can't just be in my room!  I've also noticed the smell in the basement.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #3783 on: April 18, 2013, 01:41:06 PM »
It sounds like mildew, at least, that's what mildew smells like to me.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3784 on: April 18, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »
Central Florida had a pretty strong line of storms blow through Sunday. Monday morning class, I walk in, lights are dimmed because of the presentation, and sit through class. At the end, the lights go up, and people started to realize everything that had touched the floor was wet. The carpet at the bottom of the auditorium-style classroom was standing water 1" deep. I called facilities, and they got it dry.

However, on Wednesday, that room stank so bad from the damp and mildew.  ???

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #3785 on: April 22, 2013, 04:28:15 PM »
First time in this thread but I've read everything and Vorbau can add me to the fan club!

I keep a small garden in the front of my house with a few holly bushes, some phlox, and what I call grass plants that resemble overgrown clumps of grass.  They're very common in my area and make a decent border plant on the edge of the garden.

Last week I was weeding, watering, etc. when I noticed what I thought was an oddly-shaped piece of mulch nestled in among the grass plants.  Nope - it was a cat turd  (is 'turd' an approved eHell word?  :-[).

I was grossed out to have cat feces in my bare hands ( :o) and flung it out into the front yard in surprise.  Later, when I was pulling weeds out of the lawn and hunting down the cat poo, I couldn't find it.  Anywhere!  I eventually gave up and went back in for the night. 

Come last week I'm mowing the front yard and look down in surprise to see a white-hair-encrusted cat turd!  It was so disgusting and so hysterical just sitting there in the middle of the yard.  I have a cat myself but she's a pretty-pretty princess and will go indoors to use the litterbox instead of going outside.  So it might have been hers but I'm blaming the neighborhood strays for the case of "Airborn Cat Biscuits". 

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3786 on: April 22, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »
"Airborne Cat Biscuits"...  Help me, I cant breathe.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3787 on: April 23, 2013, 08:45:11 AM »
Airborne Cat Biscuits - not recommended to prevent a cold.  >:D

snowfire

« Reply #3788 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »
LOL at the cat biscuits.

I was just mowing the lawn for the first time this spring & I found dog poo...the hard way.  Had to turn the mower over and hose it out as the pile was very fresh.

Reika

« Reply #3789 on: April 23, 2013, 12:25:45 PM »
Word of advice. If you're having pizza for dinner loaded with fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions and mushrooms, don't have granola for an evening snack, your co-workers will not appreciate the resulting aroma the following day.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3790 on: April 23, 2013, 02:17:34 PM »
I just heard my brother groaning and gagging in the living room.  I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "Daisy 'butt-juiced' on the carpet!" 

Dog's anal glands...'nuff said.  :P

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3791 on: April 23, 2013, 08:39:22 PM »
Word of advice. If you're having pizza for dinner loaded with fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions and mushrooms, don't have granola for an evening snack, your co-workers will not appreciate the resulting aroma the following day.

bwahahahahaha! You are evil!  >:D

Reika

« Reply #3792 on: April 23, 2013, 09:32:07 PM »

bwahahahahaha! You are evil!  >:D

I just didn't think about it until I felt that ominous rumble in the gut that resulted in a mad dash to the bathroom.  :-[

Bottlecaps

« Reply #3793 on: April 23, 2013, 11:36:02 PM »
There are some things about your parents that you just DON'T want to know.  :o :o :o

Heard that! My Pappaw, may he rest in peace, sometimes felt the need to tell me about him and Grandma....erm....playing scrabble in their younger days. O.O That's exactly the look I'd give him - eyes as big as 50-cent-pieces and all, then I would laugh and say, "Pappaw, I love you, but I really don't need to hear this." Sometimes he'd stop - but sometimes he'd keep going, LOL. He was in his 70s though, slowly losing his mind, quite the joker, and also very blunt (even before dementia started setting in), so I just chalked it up to that, LOL.
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #3794 on: April 29, 2013, 03:55:18 AM »
I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this thread...  and I haven't finished reading yet, but I still have to contribute.  So here, for your grossout viewing, I present three doggy tales and a non-dog one.

The Great Second-Hand Tuna Debacle of Spring 2009

I adopted Molly, my adorable little maltese - shih tzu cross when she was just over 6 weeks old.  She was a tiny ball of fluff with button nose and teeth.  When she'd been with me two days she found the cat food, and scarfed the lot - tinned tuna.

All was well until I woke up at 1am, feeling rather - err - damp.  Molly had vomited tuna all over - over her, over me (it was in my hair!) and all over the bed.  Every bit of bed linen including the doona and pillows were covered in second-hand tuna barf.  It was gross.  So there I am, with a heaving puppy, freezing cold and stripping the bed.  No spare doona (luckily the Houseboy [housemate at the time] had a spare I found out later).  She got bathed, I got showered and fully dressed, and sat up with this poor pathetic little doggy who was still dry-heaving four hours later.

After that the cats got fed on top of the dishwasher which was in the laundry, and Molly no longer got to share my bed.  Oddly enough she still loves tuna.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow

When Molly and Suzi were tiny pups, occasionally when they pooped it got stuck on their fluffy little backsides.  Standard operating procedure was a quick trip to the laundry tub, dunk their bums under a stream of warm water to rinse out as much as possible, then dog shampoo, rinse and dry.  Nothing quite like picking up a cute puppy with a poo bum. 

Anyway one day I came home from work, got greeted by the dogs as usual, and noticed poop smell.  Suzi was nearest and youngest, so I grabbed her, straight into the laundry where she got her bum washed.  Oddly enough though there seemed to be no poo.  While I was wondering why, I could still smell it.  Then I looked down.

Yup, it wasn't Suzi - or Molly either.  I'd stepped in a ginormous Douglas turd (the giant German Shepherd next door who comes to visit), blamed Suzi needlessly and tracked Dougie Poo all through the house.  And it was all over my good boots.

Tell me about the rabbit....

The cats are loving the rural life, and this summer we've had a plague of rabbits.  The cats have decided they're fair game, so we've had to dispose of a few bunny bodies in the past few months, usually after the dogs managed to get their greedy little paws on them.

One day we'd been out all day, and the dogs had been locked in the house.  Well, one of the cats had brought a bunny in, and one of the dogs (or both) had dismembered it all over my bedroom floor.  Head here, leg there, intestines - you get the idea.  Disgusting.

Biker Barbecue

A couple of years ago I was riding my bike in to work, and I may have been following the car ahead just a tad too closely.  I realised this when he went over some roadkill and I didn't have room to swerve around it.  D'oh!  So I hit it head on - a very dead wallaby which was mostly smeared across the road, but with a sufficiently large chunk left for me to hit.

As I hit it, a goodly chunk of said wallaby hit my header pipes, which get really hot.  The chunk contained wallaby and wallaby's internal contents.

As I rode in to work, the bits of roadkill cooked on the header pipes, and the smell wafted upwards, straight into my helmet.  Roo and poo barbecue for the next 20+ kilometers.  Yes, I was dry heaving in my helmet for the rest of the trip.  Fortunately I was riding long enough to burn all of it away, as there was no stinky left-overs that afternoon on the way home.