Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 691207 times)

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3870 on: May 11, 2013, 04:37:34 PM »
oh my gosh Dazi....I know it probably isn't funny but I couldn't help but laugh.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #3871 on: May 11, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »
oh my gosh Dazi....I know it probably isn't funny but I couldn't help but laugh.

It was kind of funny.  :)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3872 on: May 11, 2013, 09:38:40 PM »
I have one blood vessel that is very close to the surface in my right nostril.  I usually end up with one or two good nosebleeds a year.  I haven't had one in quite a while.

I was playing in a softball tournament today.  When I got home, I was running a bath to soak out the three games I played and blew my nose to get out the day's dust then jumped in the tub.  Next thing I knew, I had blood running down my face.  I leaned forward and pressed my nose closed.  I ended up with lots of blood in the tub but I didn't want to waste the hot water so I went ahead and had my soak.  I was showering afterwards, anyway, to wash off the epsom salts.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3873 on: May 11, 2013, 09:46:47 PM »
I have one blood vessel that is very close to the surface in my right nostril.  I usually end up with one or two good nosebleeds a year.  I haven't had one in quite a while.

I was playing in a softball tournament today.  When I got home, I was running a bath to soak out the three games I played and blew my nose to get out the day's dust then jumped in the tub.  Next thing I knew, I had blood running down my face.  I leaned forward and pressed my nose closed.  I ended up with lots of blood in the tub but I didn't want to waste the hot water so I went ahead and had my soak.  I was showering afterwards, anyway, to wash off the epsom salts.

Practicality...you're my type of woman :D
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3874 on: May 11, 2013, 09:49:20 PM »
LOL.  Cheap, too.  It costs me a couple of dollars any time I have a bath because it increases my water usage for the month from one rate to the next, not to mention the gas for heating up the hot water.  (If I use 5 cubic meters or less, it is one rate.  If I use more than 5 cubic meters, it is a slightly higher rate.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

cwm

« Reply #3875 on: May 13, 2013, 10:24:53 AM »
Okay, so on to a few more disgusting stories.

When I was in  high school, I used to have terrible ingrown toenails. They didn't hurt too much, but they'd get all swollen and red. I never bothered with going to the doctor, I'd take care of digging out the nail myself, but I forgot to take care of it before heading to Florida on an extended field trip one year. So here I am, waiting in line for a ride at Epcot Center with mesh shoes, and someone in line next to me stepped on my foot. It hurt for a second, but it took me a while to notice the giant red spot spreading across the toe of my shoes. When we got back to the hotel, it looked like they stepped just hard enough to rupture the infection, my sock was ruined with pus and blood where it looked like the infected side of the toenail had exploded, and I didn't have any way to clean it up properly. The rest of the trip I just spent changing band-aids, but I had a half dozen socks I had to throw away because I wasn't about to try to clean that all out. Ew.

More recently, I spent several months in a remote part of the country with a few family members. We were on a very limited diet, and now I can successfully say I've farted my dad out of a cabin. I very nearly made myself sick from the smell, but if we left the cabin, we had to be armed due to the wildlife, and there were definitely wolves and bears around. I'm never going on an all-fish diet again.

The last one for now comes from my sister and me together. Growing up dad took us fishing enough that we don't have any problems dealing with dead fish. But due to a very long story, she and I were each asked to gut a fish. Well, dad was usually the person who did that in our family, so she went at it first. She made this fish's mouth open and close and have a conversation with her while she did it, apologizing for what she was doing to him. It was pretty rough, but she got it done. My fish, on the other hand, would NOT cooperate. I ended up ripping the head off with my hands so I didn't have the knife slip out of my hands and cut MYSELF open, and then once I had the belly opened I gutted it with my fingers as well, instead of using what they had given me. I wasn't familiar with any of the tools they'd laid out and it was just easier digging around, knowing I could wash my hands afterwards. The best part? While I was doing all of it, I was singing and dancing around like Smeagol. Everyone else was cracking up at how sis and I were acting. We may have a bit of a reputation for being ridiculous...

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3876 on: May 13, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »
Oh how I wish to catch a fish so juicy sweeeeet!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3877 on: May 13, 2013, 12:38:42 PM »
Smeeaaagol, is it tasssttteeeyy?

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3878 on: May 13, 2013, 01:53:46 PM »
Kids are so preciousssss.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3879 on: May 14, 2013, 01:04:48 AM »
I learned the hard way not to poke Bubba kitty after I have fed him KFC chicken (only a couple teeny pieces). I was playing with him, and I poked him in the belly.

Ohhhhhh the cat fart.  >:(

Reika

« Reply #3880 on: May 14, 2013, 06:50:22 AM »
Better kitty farts than horking the treat back up. :)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3881 on: May 14, 2013, 10:34:10 AM »
I'm sitting upstairs watching TV last night and hear the lovely sound of cat horking.  And it's the one who really only horks fluid.  Lovely.  I wait a bit so it's cooled down - body temperature ick squicks me out - and head down with the next load of laundry to put in and clean it up.

Not only was there a huge puddle on the floor, she made a second deposit on my coat.  My fault for leaving it lying on the floor and she had the good timing of doing it before I put the dark load in so at least I got it immediately washed.

But ewwwww....
Ontario

Moonie

« Reply #3882 on: May 14, 2013, 11:46:35 AM »
My dog acts like she can't hear me calling her when she gets outside and starts to leave the yard, but she can hear cat horking a mile away. At the first inkling of a hork, the dog hones in to whichever cat is doing it and patiently sits and waits so that she can slurp up the horkage. I appreciate her cleaning it up, but it makes me gag every time.

cwm

« Reply #3883 on: May 14, 2013, 11:55:04 AM »
WARNING: contains a bit of graphic detail about death.

My best friend growing up has always been like family to me. Her whole family welcomes me with open arms. So I was staying with her for a week in the summer in high school when her grandma's dog passed away. And because we were the "children" and not "adults", we got the dubious pleasure of carrying it to the bathtub to wash it off. Because when an animal dies, it soils itself. And we also had to clean up the puddle it left behind on the floor in the bedroom. So there were two teenage girls and a dead floppy dog (rigor hadn't set in yet) covered in all sorts of effluvia in the only working bathtub, and all of her other dogs were all too willing to come help out and make sure everything was okay.

This wouldn't have been quite so bad if her dad wasn't a veterinarian and perfectly able to clean it up himself.

I learned a lesson that day. Good friends will stand by you through the worst bits of life. Great friends will help clean up after it.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3884 on: May 14, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
Good point, Reika!  :P