Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 766042 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3915 on: May 22, 2013, 03:59:46 PM »
Just walked into our small bathroom, and someone had left a giant lung oyster in the sink. Judging from the color and consistency, they should be on medication.  :(

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3916 on: May 22, 2013, 10:33:01 PM »
Just walked into our small bathroom, and someone had left a giant lung oyster in the sink. Judging from the color and consistency, they should be on medication.  :(

CRUD MONKEYS!, that is disgusting, and would have me gagging and hunting down the sick one to drag them back to clean it up.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3917 on: May 23, 2013, 09:02:24 AM »
We have (college!) students in our building, and it was probably one of them. I also found half-drunk convenience store coffee cups in the bathroom this week. Throw it away or take it with you!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3918 on: May 23, 2013, 08:49:11 PM »
A couple of hints here, to help reduce the cat gross

1)  For cat who pees outside the box, try putting a shower curtain or large plastic drop cloth under the cat box. It will keep the pee from soaking into the flooring.  I used that when my senior cat went blind.
My 19+ y.o. Bootsie has arthritis in her hips so painful that she stands in the litter box and pees outside.  I buy a big box of puppy pads from the discount warehouse store.  I put 4 pads down around the litter box.  When she misses, I just toss that pad and replace it.  The puppy pads absorb the liquid and neutralize the odor better than plastic and you don't have to wash them.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

snowfire

« Reply #3919 on: May 23, 2013, 10:06:27 PM »
We have (college!) students in our building, and it was probably one of them. I also found half-drunk convenience store coffee cups in the bathroom this week. Throw it away or take it with you!

I used to be the office manager at a construction company.  A lot of the guys chewed tobacco.  I absolutely detested finding cups sitting around on the desks growing some weird mix of dead coffee & tobacco spit.  One of the sales guys and the yard manager both were extremely bad about this.  There would be three or four cups o' yerk sitting on their desks for days at a time.  They wouldn't even throw them out before the weekend.  I would remind them rather firmly to chuck their yuck and it sometimes worked.  I did give them both barrels when they would leave one on MY desk.   SHUDDER!!!!!  >:( >:(

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3920 on: May 23, 2013, 10:08:33 PM »
One or both of my cats seem to have developed bulimia in the last couple of days.  I cleaned up 4 piles this morning and another 3 tonight.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3921 on: May 24, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »
One of my managers told me last night about the disgusting things she's found in our fitting rooms. a used diaper, but the worst was a used tampon sitting on the bench. mind you, we DO have a public bathroom. but i guess someone needed to change it and was too lazy.  EWWWWW>

cwm

« Reply #3922 on: May 24, 2013, 03:12:25 PM »
I don't know what's gotten into my niece, but she seems to wait until the most inopportune times to poo. The most recent was after a nap yesterday when my sister said there was almost 6 pounds of it spreading everywhere. She pooped herself into wakefulness at that point.

Niece's daddy learned when she was itty bitty why even though she technically fit in his lap, changing her in his lap without a diaper pad was a bad idea. She apparently wasn't done peeing when he pulled the diaper off and didn't have another one ready yet. I laughed.

Reika

« Reply #3923 on: May 24, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »
I don't know what's gotten into my niece, but she seems to wait until the most inopportune times to poo. The most recent was after a nap yesterday when my sister said there was almost 6 pounds of it spreading everywhere. She pooped herself into wakefulness at that point.

Niece's daddy learned when she was itty bitty why even though she technically fit in his lap, changing her in his lap without a diaper pad was a bad idea. She apparently wasn't done peeing when he pulled the diaper off and didn't have another one ready yet. I laughed.

I'm sorry, but the whole pooing herself away was incredibly funny to me.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3924 on: May 24, 2013, 07:01:21 PM »
So, my mother bought some granola bars to try (not sure if we're allowed to mention brand names or not).  While they taste very good, they do have one unfortunate side effect due to the fiber.  I have decided to re-name these things 'fart bars'.  No, that isn't the sound of someone practicing with a trombone...unfortunately.  :-[

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #3925 on: May 24, 2013, 07:05:40 PM »
Last night, the area just below my armpit, just above my bra strap was kind of itchy.  I scratched and heard a pop sound.  I guess I had either a pimple or ingrown hair that was infected...got a nice large splattering of green, yellow, and bloody pus in my hand.

Considering the size and location, I'm really surprised it didn't hurt before the explosion.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

greencat

« Reply #3926 on: May 24, 2013, 08:03:06 PM »
After I switched brands of hormonal contraceptive pills, I started getting fairly epic but really tiny whiteheads.  They act exactly like the big sebaceous cysts seen elsewhere on this thread, with the larger-than-they-look pus supply, only they're itty bitty.  They usually come with a nice hard plug right in the middle too.  Unfortunately, they're a bit painful, and they're too tiny for my cellphone camera to pick up properly. 

Also, more than a week after my fall off my bike, my sprained ankle remains rather misshapen.  I'll upload the pics later - I'm going to see the orthopedic doctor tomorrow.  So glad they have Saturday hours and could squeeze me in.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #3927 on: May 24, 2013, 09:04:16 PM »
Saw this today and knew I had share with you!  Gross Out E-Hellions, I give you THE FOUR POUND TIGER HAIRBALL!!

http://ktla.com/2013/05/23/surgeons-remove-4-pound-hairball-from-400-pound-siberian-tiger/

Reika

« Reply #3928 on: May 24, 2013, 09:13:32 PM »
Saw this today and knew I had share with you!  Gross Out E-Hellions, I give you THE FOUR POUND TIGER HAIRBALL!!

http://ktla.com/2013/05/23/surgeons-remove-4-pound-hairball-from-400-pound-siberian-tiger/

This time there literally was enough fur to make another cat.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #3929 on: May 26, 2013, 02:38:28 PM »
I totally just lost it at lung oyster. ;D