Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 744620 times)

deadbody

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3930 on: May 26, 2013, 04:46:36 PM »
Last night, the area just below my armpit, just above my bra strap was kind of itchy.  I scratched and heard a pop sound.  I guess I had either a pimple or ingrown hair that was infected...got a nice large splattering of green, yellow, and bloody pus in my hand.

Considering the size and location, I'm really surprised it didn't hurt before the explosion.

I get those every once in a while, don't hurt at all and then all of a sudden it is huge and explodes in spectacular fashion.

I had one on my inner thigh, that when I popped it while sitting on the toilet at work it hit the wall a good 6 feet away with a small blood clot.  I was impressed with myself.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3931 on: May 26, 2013, 08:58:07 PM »
I am glad "lung oyster" made you smile, DD!

DS is 15 (today!) and he is growing very impressive pimples (gorches). DH is responsible for checking all these things, but man, some of these are monumental!

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #3932 on: May 26, 2013, 09:57:21 PM »
Hey, can I steal borrow "lung oyster"?  ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3933 on: May 26, 2013, 10:45:14 PM »
Absolutely, I learned it from DH.  :D

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3934 on: May 26, 2013, 11:38:36 PM »
I use Lung Slug, myself.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #3935 on: May 29, 2013, 08:45:45 AM »
This morning I walked into the kids' bathroom, to see that DS (almost 4) had somehow missed the toilet; it was all over the floor and the paper products in the waste can were soaked. I know this kid has better aim!

The sink was bone dry. Did I also mention that he was sitting down for breakfast when I discovered this? :P

When I asked him about it, he tried to blame his older sister. Yeah, nice try, bub.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3936 on: May 29, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »
Did you inform him that you are well aware of the differences in their anatomy?

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3937 on: May 29, 2013, 09:14:09 AM »

This morning I walked into the kids' bathroom, to see that DS (almost 4) had somehow missed the toilet; it was all over the floor and the paper products in the waste can were soaked. I know this kid has better aim!

The sink was bone dry. Did I also mention that he was sitting down for breakfast when I discovered this? :P

When I asked him about it, he tried to blame his older sister. Yeah, nice try, bub.

My BFF and I have 2 boys each, and they all remembered to aim better when they were put on "clean the bathroom" duty for peeing everywhere. Yes, they were in the 4+ range when this happened. Toilet brush, not on your life. They were handed a bucket of warm water, with a rag, and made to wash the toilet, and the floor around it. This took a few times, especially when the cleaning routine started happening every time they missed. 

Have to say, for a while there, the toilet was never cleaner.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #3938 on: May 30, 2013, 06:32:08 PM »

My BFF and I have 2 boys each, and they all remembered to aim better when they were put on "clean the bathroom" duty for peeing everywhere. Yes, they were in the 4+ range when this happened. Toilet brush, not on your life. They were handed a bucket of warm water, with a rag, and made to wash the toilet, and the floor around it. This took a few times, especially when the cleaning routine started happening every time they missed. 

Have to say, for a while there, the toilet was never cleaner.

Oh, he will. We were in a rush that morning, so he got a pass.

Did you inform him that you are well aware of the differences in their anatomy?

Yup. I don't think it sank in, yet. He still sometimes sits down when he pees (backwards, facing the tank), and I think that he thinks that since DD also sits down, she must also stand up! :) His face had this surprised, "she doesn't!?!" look when I told him otherwise.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

JoW

« Reply #3939 on: June 03, 2013, 11:01:26 PM »
Yesterday I noticed a zipper bag with colorful blue and gold contents beside the road across from my driveway.  The traffic was heavy and I was busy so I left it there.  My garbage is picked up tomorrow, so I took the can to the end of the driveway tonight.  The traffic was relatively light so I crossed the street and picked up that bag.

The bag contained blue nitrile rubber gloves and gold condom wrappers.  It was well-sealed.  I picked it up by the zipper and threw in my trash can.  Then I came in and washed and sterilized my hand.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3940 on: June 04, 2013, 09:17:43 AM »
Ugh. I hate that.

We had a building in a less than wonderful part of town. When going there for meetings and training sessions, we never quite knew what we would find in the parking lot.

Used condoms. Check.
Syringes. Check.
Rubber tubing. Check.
Dirty underwear. Check.

cwm

« Reply #3941 on: June 04, 2013, 09:55:29 AM »
Ugh. I hate that.

We had a building in a less than wonderful part of town. When going there for meetings and training sessions, we never quite knew what we would find in the parking lot.

Used condoms. Check.
Syringes. Check.
Rubber tubing. Check.
Dirty underwear. Check.

I've seen all of those in various parks around every city I've lived in, and most cities I've visited. The worst part is that these aren't the "bad" parts of town, they're just...I don't know, easy to hide oneself in?

Actually, where I went to college there was a RiverFest every year, complete with symphony pops concert, lots of street vendors, and fireworks. All of downtown was packed full. Except the river was too polluted to swim in the entire time I was there. Invariably someone would be drunk enough to pee into the river and get arrested, and someone else would either fall in or jump in to try and swim and end up arrested and probably ill from it. I made sure to avoid the riverbanks entirely, lest I accidentally fall in from the crowd jostling me.

Now where I live there's a creek known as "Flush Creek" (not its actual name, but quite an accurate description) in a very high-end part of town. They offer glass-bottom boat tours and have waterfalls with spray along the walkway. I will never go near those areas, but some people pay good money to see what's in the creek, and apparently the waterfall spray is popular during the summer. Ew. Just...ew.

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #3942 on: June 04, 2013, 10:21:40 AM »
To be fair, Flush Creek has really improved in water quality since it earned that title. The Plaza stretch seems serene, even, not that Id want to take a glass-bottom tour. It is just a storm runoff, after all.

ed. spelling

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #3943 on: June 04, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
Syringes in a park?  Pfft.  I've seen them on the sidewalk, in front of my house.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #3944 on: June 04, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
Syringes in a park?  Pfft.  I've seen them on the sidewalk, in front of my house.

For awhile I collected them, along with a friend. We'd drop em in a milk jug and take them to some charity operation that would take used needles in return for either clean ones, or $0.10 apiece.

We never made much, i think the best we did was twelve dollars once. But it was something to do and an excuse for us to wander around and chat. (we also collected cans and bottles. The cans were worth money from recycling, the bottles weren't, but as many kids running barefoot as our neighborhood had, we figured it was a public service.)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]