Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 764647 times)

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3960 on: June 06, 2013, 11:35:38 AM »
I shower every day, but I only use shampoo and/or soap every few days.  I could probably get away with skipping the rinse some days, but I also have a nine-month-old, so who knows what kind of spit-up, drool, mashed bananas, etc. residue may end up on my person during the course of a given day?  ;)
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3961 on: June 06, 2013, 11:40:37 AM »
Even in the shower, for the most part, I only use soap on pits and bits unless I've been doing something that would make my skin particularly dirty.  Sunscreen is the worst!

But I also have this product from a company called Enjo.  It is a little mitt that has one side for face, the rest for the body.  It is a physical clean and the fibres somehow trap bacteria.  I don't depend on it for my pits but it sure takes dirt and sunscreen film off my body without having to use soap.  And when I do have a dry skin issue, it also exfoliates gently.  I'd scraped up my legs and while they were healing, it took all the dead skin off without taking the scabs.

What I do hate about it is that it is only sold at home parties, like Tupperware.  So it is expensive.  But they have a vast range of cleaning products that allow you to not use anything but cold water to clean your home.  (No, I don't sell it myself.   :))
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3962 on: June 06, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »
All three of us are sneezing, coughing, stuffy headed miserable human beings right now. Yuck.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3963 on: June 06, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »
I was supposed to have a riding lesson yesterday afternoon, but my mare was incapacitated. Here in Hawaii, mares come into season more than once a year due to the year round gentle weather.  If they don't get pregnant, they will come into season every 3 weeks.  I noticed that she was in season last Saturday because there was residue from a sticky discharge between her hind legs.  Horses have difficulty using feminine hygiene products, so I hosed her off and let her go back to her herd.

Yesterday her back end was a mess: From the bottom of her vulva down the inside of her hind legs all the way to the hock was blistered, swollen, & inflamed.  I consulted my trainer and she said I didn't need to call the vet; It's been hot and humid and this is what happens.  Misty has never had this problem before. She's 8 y.o. and I have had her since she was 17 months.  Trainer said to apply some desinex or petroleum jelly.  I already had a mild ointment that I applied very gently.  I'm pretty sure she wasn't going to kick me, but she lifted her back leg in an "ouchie" move and I wasn't taking chances.  I could tell it hurt when I touched it, but it also hurt her to walk so I hope she's feeling just a little better today.  I stopped at Costco to buy the Costco sized tube of desinex.  My poor mare has a horse sized case of diaper rash. :'(

I never thought I would stick my fingers in ointment, then into those very private parts of my mare.  I felt like I should have at least bought her a beer before I felt her up. >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

cwm

« Reply #3964 on: June 06, 2013, 03:39:05 PM »
I never thought I would stick my fingers in ointment, then into those very private parts of my mare.  I felt like I should have at least bought her a beer before I felt her up. >:D

You've bought her plenty of dinners beforehand, right? I'm sure there's a threshhold somewhere for how many dinners are acceptable if no beers are bought before feeling someone up.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3965 on: June 06, 2013, 05:14:39 PM »
I had a dish with capers for the first time in my life last night.  I scraped most of the off because the flavor overwhelmed the seafood (in my opinion).

My system has apparently weaponized the few capers that I did ingest for riot control purposes.....

I don't expect to order anything flavored with capers for a long, long time.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3966 on: June 06, 2013, 05:32:11 PM »

You've bought her plenty of dinners beforehand, right? I'm sure there's a threshhold somewhere for how many dinners are acceptable if no beers are bought before feeling someone up.
Lots of carrots were involved and I alternated brushing out her long tail and applying ointment.  She didn't used to like having her mane and tail brushed out.  She acted like a 3 y.o. girl with tangled hair.  I bought spray and cream detangler, a special brush, hold firmly at the root and start detangling at the ends, work my way up.  She acts like a model when her mane and tail are flowing tangle free: Tosses her mane in the wind and carries her tail high (part Arabian).  So after I brushed her tail, she lifted it up and I would dab a bit more ointment on the blistered skin.

My fingers will not soon forget slipping ointment up her butt crack.  If it actually had been Vasoline, I think I would have been ROTFLMAO.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3967 on: June 06, 2013, 05:34:39 PM »
I had a dish with capers for the first time in my life last night.  I scraped most of the off because the flavor overwhelmed the seafood (in my opinion).

My system has apparently weaponized the few capers that I did ingest for riot control purposes.....

Can I have your capers or is that too SS?

I love capers.  I have to stop myself from eating them out of the jar when I cook with them.  One restaurant earned my return business by preparing their calamari steak piccata with enough capers on top that none of the calamari shows.  Mm-m-m capers in every single bite. :-*

Marcus Aurelius

greencat

« Reply #3968 on: June 06, 2013, 07:23:13 PM »

I just learned an IBS trigger/food sensitivity.  I don't appear to process at least one of the toppings on "everything" bagels very well, and apparently, my body doesn't bother actually digesting sesame seeds.  If the problem is actually the sesame seeds, then that explains a lot of my frequent bouts of stomach troubles.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #3969 on: June 06, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »
We had female company last night. This morning my pug was happily chewing on something with a string and some staining.  :o I am still skeeved.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3970 on: June 06, 2013, 10:19:24 PM »

Can I have your capers or is that too SS?

I love capers.  I have to stop myself from eating them out of the jar when I cook with them.  One restaurant earned my return business by preparing their calamari steak piccata with enough capers on top that none of the calamari shows.  Mm-m-m capers in every single bite. :-*

Ambrosia Hino ate them last night.....my share of capers are already spoken for....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

snowfire

« Reply #3971 on: June 06, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »
Midnight Kitty, if you think that was "fun", try sheath cleaning a draft stallion.  >:D >:D >:D

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3972 on: June 07, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »
Midnight Kitty, if you think that was "fun", try sheath cleaning a draft stallion.  >:D >:D >:D
I thought the draft horses were calmer and easier to handle than the hot blooded breeds, like Arabian.

There used to be a quarter horse stallion at the ranch near to where I keep Misty.  His testicles became infected and his owner had to dab medicine on his inflamed and very tender private parts.  She told me she was lucky that he didn't connect when he kicked.  Unfortunately, the medication did not cure him of the infection and eventually he was gelded.

Misty has a *boyfriend*.  He is a retired polo pony in his late 20s.  He is his owner's first horse and she doesn't really know what she is doing or seeing.  I mentioned to her that his sheath needed to be cleaned.  Next time I saw her, she said, "I tried, but he's not having any of that."  He is a very assertive horse, but Misty has him wrapped around her little hoof.

Marcus Aurelius

snowfire

« Reply #3973 on: June 07, 2013, 06:09:30 PM »
Yes, they are generally more even tempered and easier to handle than the hot breeds.  It is just that there is a LOT of equipment.  My riding instructors eyes just about bugged out of her head when the big guy dropped down and was showing off for all the world to see just how studly he was.  She's used to Arabians and a Shire is a LOT bigger, in every way.

P.S.  I don't have any problems handling His Majesty, who weighs ~1800 pounds.  There is an Arabian stallion on the property that probably weighs just over 1000.  There isn't enough money in the universe to convince me to work with him.  He's absolutely gorgeous, but he redefines "hot blooded".  I know my limitations.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #3974 on: June 07, 2013, 06:30:39 PM »
*pokes head out of basement...*

At least with horses, the size of the "equipment" matches the size of the male.