Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 609150 times)

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #3990 on: June 30, 2013, 04:28:26 AM »
Baby has been a bit under the weather this week. He actually had to go in and get a bag of IV fluids :'( but he's better now.  :D

As a result, he had some really, really bad diarrhea that got more....um, expansive, as he got better and started taking in more fluids. DH was holding Baby and was disgusted by the fact that he could feel Baby doing his business while sitting in DH's lap. It got worse though. You see, Baby had already thrown up on his shirt, so he was sitting in DH's lap topless. That really bad "business" that Baby was taking care of leaked out the top of his diaper and all over DH's arm. . . . . . DH was eating dinner at the time. DH has a weak stomach.

DH practically threw Baby at me and RAN to the bathroom to scrub his arm and then jumped into the shower. I heard retching noises as I  was changing Baby's diaper, and DH said that my enchiladas taste pretty much the same regardless of the direction they're traveling.

I must not have been looking terribly sympathetic because DH asked me if I thought he was overreacting/being a baby. I answered honestly, but had to add the disclaimer that I spend an unreasonable amount of time covered in bodily fluids.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #3991 on: June 30, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
Liliane, if it makes you feel any better, I think those 'maggots' were actually Pantry Moth larvae: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianmeal_Moth

They're icky and creepy if you don't like bugs, and they're a real pain if they get established in your house, but hopefully you got rid of most of the little buggers. :P If you have little silvery dusty-winged moths in your kitchen, though, you need to seal up any grains or grain-based foods you have in airtight containers until you can take care of them. You can get sticky traps that lure them in with pheromones, which is kind of cool!  ;D

(On another note, if they were happily nomming on your cats' food, it was probably mostly grain-based, which is not really good for kitties. I'd stick with the duck-based stuff; it's certainly less likely to get little wormies in it!)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #3992 on: June 30, 2013, 12:04:49 PM »
I second Mel on the good quality pet food but for a gross reason.

Better food = smaller, less stinky poop.

I have five pooches living with me at the moment. Less poop to clean up is at the top of my wish list, along with less fur collecting in the corners of my home.

I'm going to lose the poop/fur battle but I won't surrender today!

Pen^2

« Reply #3993 on: June 30, 2013, 12:37:23 PM »
All this talk of animal poo reminds me of something our cat did.

She was an indoor cat, and had a litter tray off away from everything off in the depths of the house. We would see her stroll in its direction, and after a minute or two, once she had done her business, we would normally hear her scratching about while she buried it.

On this one occasion, however, she meandered off towards the litter tray as usual, and less than a minute later she came shooting out at lightning speed, with all her fur bristled (she was a long-hair, so she looked like a pine cone). Her eyes were wide, her ears flattened, and she was absolutely terrified. Both DH and I got up to see what was in there that had scared her. She followed tentatively behind us at a great distance.

When we got there, we couldn't help but laugh. She had done a monster poo. It was at well over twice the size of her usual ones, and was sitting there unburied like an only-slightly-shorter-than-average snake. She must have taken off as soon as she had seen it. Meanwhile, she stood behind us and hissed menacingly at the terrifying poo.

It was definitely toilet humour, but we thought it was hilarious. I never would have expected that an animal could have such a reaction to its own faeces.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #3994 on: June 30, 2013, 04:48:41 PM »
Liliane, if it makes you feel any better, I think those 'maggots' were actually Pantry Moth larvae: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianmeal_Moth

You know, I think you're right. I seem to recall them looking like that. No moths though - so I definitely eradicated them. >:D

I'm not usually scared of things like that, but the realization that my cats had been eating buggy food freaked me out!
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

magicdomino

« Reply #3995 on: June 30, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
Terrifying Poo.  Now there's a name for a rock band.   :D

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3996 on: June 30, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »
So is "Maggots in the Water"...even if they were moth pupa or larva instead of fly pupa and larva.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #3997 on: June 30, 2013, 07:52:21 PM »
How about "Maggots in the Water" with their debut album "Terrifying Poo"? :D Featuring the hit song "Popping a Sebaceous Cyst"!
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

Pen^2

« Reply #3998 on: June 30, 2013, 07:58:34 PM »
Someone needs to make that album.

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #3999 on: June 30, 2013, 08:05:17 PM »
Baby has been a bit under the weather this week. He actually had to go in and get a bag of IV fluids :'( but he's better now.  :D

As a result, he had some really, really bad diarrhea that got more....um, expansive, as he got better and started taking in more fluids. DH was holding Baby and was disgusted by the fact that he could feel Baby doing his business while sitting in DH's lap. It got worse though. You see, Baby had already thrown up on his shirt, so he was sitting in DH's lap topless. That really bad "business" that Baby was taking care of leaked out the top of his diaper and all over DH's arm. . . . . . DH was eating dinner at the time. DH has a weak stomach.

DH practically threw Baby at me and RAN to the bathroom to scrub his arm and then jumped into the shower. I heard retching noises as I  was changing Baby's diaper, and DH said that my enchiladas taste pretty much the same regardless of the direction they're traveling.

I must not have been looking terribly sympathetic because DH asked me if I thought he was overreacting/being a baby. I answered honestly, but had to add the disclaimer that I spend an unreasonable amount of time covered in bodily fluids.

My dad had a similar story to your DH's, except that it went up my back because it came out of my diaper with such force.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4000 on: June 30, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
DS had an incredible ability to shoot fecal matter out his behind, up the diaper, and up his shirt onto whoever was holding him. Ick!

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #4001 on: June 30, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »
Oh, yes, that reminds me of DD's exersaucer.  I swear, there was a (fortunately brief) period of time in which it seemed like every single time I put her in it, she'd poop right up her back.  Once I even waited until she'd had a poop diaper and put her in right after I'd changed her.  She just pooped a second time!  The seat must have been pushing it up there, because it got to the point where I expected to see a brown stain when I went to get her out.
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #4002 on: June 30, 2013, 09:55:59 PM »
Oh, yes, that reminds me of DD's exersaucer.  I swear, there was a (fortunately brief) period of time in which it seemed like every single time I put her in it, she'd poop right up her back.  Once I even waited until she'd had a poop diaper and put her in right after I'd changed her.  She just pooped a second time!  The seat must have been pushing it up there, because it got to the point where I expected to see a brown stain when I went to get her out.

Thankfully it didn't happen too often, but the exersaucer was usually the location of our babies' worst poopsplosions.

greencat

« Reply #4003 on: June 30, 2013, 09:58:38 PM »
I do recall that when I briefly fed my dog an all-raw-meat diet he pooped not so much less, as more biodegradable.  Instead of sticking around forever like dog poo tends to do, it would either turn to powder if it was dry out or completely dissolve in the rain after a few days if it did rain.  It was great!  It unfortunately did not help his skin issues at all, but that is another gross story - my dog has horrible dandruff, all the time.  I've spent probably close to $1000 between all the special shampoos and the vet bills and medications trying to fix it.  As it is, he leaves greasy brown smears where he rubs up against things and covers my house in a not-so-fine layer of shed skin particles in very short order.

Cutenoob

« Reply #4004 on: June 30, 2013, 11:53:42 PM »
So is "Maggots in the Water"...even if they were moth pupa or larva instead of fly pupa and larva.

Maaagottts in the Waaater, Flies in the Sky.
Maaagotts in the Waaater
By Deep Poople.