Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 768607 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #4050 on: July 10, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »
Dentists will remove those. Yes, I get them, but mine are small.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #4051 on: July 10, 2013, 01:37:36 PM »
Does anyone else get tonsil stones (tonsilliths)?
I think they are mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread.  I get little ones which I can tease out with the tip of my tongue or a damp cotton swab.  I never thought of asking my dentist/hygienist to flush out my tonsils, but I will ask later this month when I have my semiannual cleaning.  It would be nice to have someone flush those crevices out thoroughly.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4052 on: July 10, 2013, 01:39:21 PM »
^ These posts are making me very thankful I no longer have my tonsils!  :o
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4053 on: July 10, 2013, 02:33:56 PM »
I've had teeny tiny tonsil stones before. I haven't gotten them in a very long time, though.

cwm

« Reply #4054 on: July 10, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »
If I ever had tonsil stones, I don't remember it.

My sister never got them, but only because they didn't have time to form. She was constantly having infections and always had pus dripping from them. The doctors hemmed and hawed and didn't take out her tonsils until she was nearly 20, despite having had leaking white fluid for years, white spots for years, and constant recurring infections for years. She doesn't miss them.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4055 on: July 10, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »

I got mine out at 12.  Apparently, toast was my preferred breakfast the day after.  I couldn't even swallow water, I don't know what I was thinking.

greencat

« Reply #4056 on: July 11, 2013, 12:32:47 AM »
I get tonsil stones periodically, but I had no idea what they were until I started reading this thread.

I can't remember if I've posted about it before, but since I started on the current brand of "The Pill," where before I would just get small red angry pimples with no pus, now I'm getting actual whiteheads, usually with a hard core.  It's kind of fun popping them, I guess?

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #4057 on: July 11, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »

I got mine out at 12.  Apparently, toast was my preferred breakfast the day after.  I couldn't even swallow water, I don't know what I was thinking.

A friend of mine got hers out at 20. Apparently, there was a lot of abscessing, so there were a lot of stitches, and even some cauterizing, so her throat was pretty sore.

The first meal the hospital brought her? Nice, crunchy breaded fishsticks.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4058 on: July 11, 2013, 10:06:53 AM »

A friend of mine got hers out at 20. Apparently, there was a lot of abscessing, so there were a lot of stitches, and even some cauterizing, so her throat was pretty sore.

The first meal the hospital brought her? Nice, crunchy breaded fishsticks.

In my case, I walked out of the hospital at 5AM (remember, 12 year old), went home... which was a block away, but still... and let myself in and made toast.  Freaked Mom out though... she had no clue I'd authorized my release.

greencat

« Reply #4059 on: July 11, 2013, 11:21:08 PM »
I just had the moderately revolting realization that as a result of the nerve damage to my foot when I sprained my ankle, I now have what the medical websites refer to as "altered hair growth patterns." By which I mean:  one of my previously hairless feet has developed a case of "hobbit foot."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4060 on: July 12, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »
At least you won't have to use fake hair at Halloween.

cwm

« Reply #4061 on: July 12, 2013, 02:34:06 PM »
Just went to the bathroom at work. It was a sudden case of NEED TO GO NOW, so I rushed into the first empty stall.

After I was done, I noticed a bright red wet spot on the toilet seat. Euuuuuuugghhhh!!!! I've got the creepy crawlies all over now because of that.

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4062 on: July 12, 2013, 10:37:52 PM »
Just went to the bathroom at work. It was a sudden case of NEED TO GO NOW, so I rushed into the first empty stall.

After I was done, I noticed a bright red wet spot on the toilet seat. Euuuuuuugghhhh!!!! I've got the creepy crawlies all over now because of that.

I once found blood on the toilet seat, and worse, on the floor of the stall. Where it had been tracked all the way to the door, and then out into the carpeted hallway. The janitor was not happy about having to clean that up.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #4063 on: July 14, 2013, 01:52:40 PM »
This was a few years ago, but the thought still makes me gag a little.  I was buying groceries, and I saw a man pick his nose, eat what he found, and then go back to choosing apples from the fruit display.  I didn't buy any fruit that day.  :P

Reika

« Reply #4064 on: July 14, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »
I had to have an emergency tooth extraction yesterday. Since then I feel like I've been slobbering like a St. Bernard even though mom has assured me she hasn't seen any drool.